All hotels in Koloa, Hawaii, United States of America

Beautiful beach
    Great pool
    Food is all right
    Breakfast is average
The Bell Boy were excellent. All of them night and day crew.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Renee
"Superb hotel"
Premier location. Close to the beach, friendly customer service
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
"Be careful how you book!"
The 'down' side. We booked a Deluxe Ocean Front view. Through Expedia. I am not sure but there seemed to be different levels of Ocean Front views. Upon arriving I was told I could not accumulate any SPG points due to booking through Expedia. I was also told we had a 'Great' room with a view of the ocean. What we received was a Handicapped room with a single sink and almost no counter space. (I know that is how these rooms are but I was not given a option to change). Our view from room 2218. From a low second floor, 1/3rd was watching the guest at the Lavas restaurant watch us on our balcony. The other 2/3rds was great if you looked from the right side of the balcony. On the 'up' side. The bed and bedding was great. Amenities listed were also good.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Curtis
Great hotel on the beach. Splurge for the oceanfront rooms, and definitely rent a cabana!
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Very nice stay. Staff was friendly and helpful. Prices are a little on the high side but it is a resort property so it's expected.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"Perfect view!"
My husband and I spent a week here for our honeymoon. The hotel staff was very helpful, the room was large with a very nice balcony, and the view of the ocean was beautiful! We also loved that we were so close to Koloa, a small town with a strip of stores and restaurants - try the Kauai Food Truck! There was a shopping center right down the street with some great restaurants. The parking wasn't great, but that wasn't a big issue. We would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
Becky
"great hotel- exceeded our expectations"
This is a beautiful property- even the garden view room we stayed in was great. The staff was always so friendly and helpful and really made you feel welcome. The small quaint Sheraton beats the large fancy hotels anyday. You could always find a chair by the pool and a seat at the bar. We would definitly go back here. Thank you Sheraton Kauai
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Great view and service."
I loved that the resort had it's own private/small beach just a few feet away.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Family Vacation with 2 Young Adults"
Family vacation with spouse and 2 young adults (22 &18 yrs old). Hotel is in a great location and the staff were wonderful. All you have to do is ask; nothing is a "big" deal or "hassle" here. The property is large but doesn't feel like it because it's spread out. We were in the back and not the main building which was a very short walk to the beach but we were close to parking/our car. If you want to be closer to the beach, you will need to get an ocean/garden/or cottage view. The ocean view was FABULOUS as long as you're not by the crowded pool. They give you 2 complimentary bottles of water every day which we REALLY appreciated, plus a 3rd available for purchase. The "kiddos" had a separate room but they were right next to us. However, the 2nd day their a/c wasn't working right and the room developed a TERRIBLE odor. Turns out there was food leftover from previous people and the refrigerator stopped working/was leaking. My daughter called the front desk and spoke to the manager. They were at 99.5 occupancy but had an ocean front room left. The manager had them meet her at the front desk and she personally walked them to their room which was quite a walk. She just took care of it without any hassle. What GREAT service! Just this one gesture makes me a Sheraton fan. The pineapple water they had in the lobby each day is also a nice touch. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. We would DEFINATELY recommend!
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
TK
"Garden view rooms across the street"
No night activity, needs a place to sit and grab a drink at night other than rum fire, small rooms, pool on garden side has no refreshments available,pool water is almost too warm to swim.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Cindy
"Hotel very close to the beach"
We had a pleasant stay at the Sheraton Kauai. Very convenient to the beach and wonderful ocean view
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"Excellent Location, poor hotel conditions."
The dresser in our room was extremely dusty and had hand prints all over it. Stuff had been slopped on it that also wasn't cleaned. It was nasty. The office chair contained lots of stains that could have easily been cleaned but were not. We requested a room change. Upon moving to a different room, we found the same unkempt conditions. At the pool on Sunday, there were a bunch of local families (not staying at the hotel) that were using the pool cabanas and eating food that they had brought along from home. We later learned from a hotel staff member that Sheraton allows local families to use the pool facilities. Needless to say, there were no available cabanas for us. I felt like I was attending a FEMA refugee camp. Never again will I stay at a Sheraton.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
DJ
The property was beautiful. The room was very clean and inviting. The bed was so comfortable that I checked out the brand of the mattress. It was a beautyrest!
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Better than expected (except for check-in) - would definitely stay here again. Tips: Stay in the newer part of the hotel (ocean resorts), bring your own alcohol or buy bottles on the island (cocktails are super expensive), eat at local places (not at resort unless you have to), get to the pool/beach early to get a lawn chair with shade, wear lots of sunblock - enjoy!
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Great location, nice resort!"
Beach front rooms have amazing views. Our rooms were away from the pool and very private. We had a seal sleep the day away outside our room in the black rocks! The quality of the rooms were fine, nothing special but the beds were super comfortable. We enjoyed the pool and there was food/bar service. My husband and son loved the ocean, a little rough for me though. There were activites to do at the hotel, my adult daughter did a yoga class that she enjoyed. I wish we did more, such as the tide pool one. The front desk staff was unfriendly and when we checked in at 8:30PM, our 2nd room was still not ready. We didn't have to wait long but that made me unhappy. The rest of the staff was helpful and friendly though. We booked activities at the hotel that were expensive but we were very last minute and appreciated being able to go on a dinner cruise the same day and a kayak/hike the next day.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
MoRo
Good hotel, no where on site to have a meal or drink late though, except the cafe. Resort a bit quiet. Great beach though.
3 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Julia
"Sheraton staff does not like their guests"
Hotel was fine. Pool way too small. Too many small children. Not a hotel for adults. Staff unhappy and overall tone of rude. Definitely were not welcoming. Only a few staff were nice. "Alohas" were insincere. At first thoughts it was attitude of all locals, but soon realized only at Sheraton. The locals were nice everywhere else outside the hotel. They were even unhelpful about a local well known shuttle guy. Our taxi driver said its because the hotel staff just wants their commission for hooking up cab drivers.
4 night trip with friends Jul 9, 2015
Helen
"Worth every penny"
Lovely accommodations close to beach and snorkeling, in room coffee, close to restaurants and shopping. Can't wait to go back!
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
It was awesome! We got an upgrade to ground level ocean view which was so beautiful. Thank you Sheraton
4 night trip Jul 5, 2015
Rene
"Excellent Hotel!"
My wife and I came to Kauai and the hotel we were supposed to stay at unbeknownst to us had no air conditioning. We cancelled that reservation and went to a couple of hotels before we stopped at the Sheraton. We first met hotel staff Juana who helped us reserve a room. She was extremely helpful and courteous as well as the other staff we encountered during our stay. Our ocean view room was breathtaking. We enjoyed the pool, bar, and cabanas that they offer their guests. There is so much more and I will definitely stay at the Sheraton, Kauai again.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Awesome resort!"
The location is great if you want to be at a resort that is quiet and not at the center of all the tourism. There are plenty of restaurants in the two shopping centers about three minutes from the resort. The hotel staff was amazing!
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"Overpriced restaurants, underperforming quality"
Kaua'i is great. People are friendly. However, this "resort" has the look but other options should be researched before booking. I booked a partial ocean view, got put in a room where the ocean could be seen...two miles off shore. Overall, subpar experience. Book somewhere else unless you get a really good deal...because discounted pricing is what you need to stay here to offset the experience. And for the amount you pay with respect to other food venues in the island, NEVER eat at this resort. High priced, low quality. Also, the kids eat free in the resort restaurants is true, but you need to constantly remind them to remove it from the bill (and more than once.). Again, Kaua'i is awesome. Sheraton Kauai Resort, not so much.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Good stay ruined by a bite"
This would have been a strong 4.5 star review until... on my second night a centipede crawled into bed while I was asleep and bit my foot! Yuck and Ouch! Turns out I'm highly allergic to centipede venom and the bite also got infected. I spent the next 3 days sick in bed (at a different resort of course). The staff at the hotel was apologetic but said that since I had already checked out there was nothing they could do except offer a free upgrade during my next stay. Ugh, thanks but no thanks… :/
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"Beautiful Ocean View"
We'd a ocean view room. Balcony overlook beach which was steps away. Beautiful, clean, spacious and quiet room. Staff were friendly and helpful. On first day, we couldn't find the elevator (rooms were reached along ocean front foot path - amazing way to get to your room) and one of the maintenance crew noticed we were lost; stopped his work & gave personal attention & directions. We also partake in breakfast buffet with lanai seating. Servers were personal & friendly. Fresh island fruits were yummy good. Buffet is a bit pricey but worth it for a relaxing morning. Hotel pool is great! Spent almost every day in the pool - of course after spending the early morning playing in the ocean.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
9th Islander
"Oceanfront in Poipu"
Beautiful location and hotel, friendly staff.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
Matthew
"Good Resort"
The resort was nice! I enjoyed the pool especially as well as the jacuzzi and the hotel beach was great as well! The room was nice albeit a bit small but that's fine we weren't in there that much anyways. The staff were pleasant enough although it depends on who get in the front desk as sometimes they could be a bit short never rude but not too friendly. I really enjoyed my stay here my only complaint is that they didn't have a king size bed for us even though we requested one and they didn't even make an effort to try and accommodate us with another room with us or to let us know if one came available. It didn't ruin my trip I would still recommend the resort it just was unfortunate.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"Just for one night: OK"
Needed a room to sleep for one night. Accommodations OK.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
Poutou
"Beautiful Hotel & Awesome Staff"
This hotel is one of the best hotels that we've ever stayed at in Hawaii. From the time we checked in to checkout, the hotel staff was awesome. When we arrived, they upgraded us to room 1300 which was such a big surprise for us! The property is so beautiful and the rooms are very nice. This is a clean and beautiful property. Kudos to your valet team - they are awesome! I enjoyed talking to each of them. We would definitely return to this hotel in the future and would highly recommend to everyone visiting Kauai!
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
MG
"Kauai"
We had a fantastic time at the Sheraton. Everyone was friendly and helpful.
4 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
"Nice Beachfront hotel"
The breakfast buffet was ridiculously priced for what they offer. If I'm going to pay $28 per person they better have more than waffles and eggs. The food was not that tasty even. The rooms were decent with nice views, but house keeping never replenished our towels or water. While the people were all very nice, it really wasn't worth the money paid per night.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Ash
"Fantastic Oceanview"
We booked a deluxe oceanview king and stayed in room 1408. The view was fantastic and the sound of the ocean was a great way to wake up every morning. The hotel did offer us a complimentary bottle of champagne for our anniversary but we were not able to redeem it because we were always out and about. We declined housekeeping but each day she bought us fresh supplies of towels, water bottles and coffee. Very sweet lady, wish I had remembered her name. On our last night, a cockroach was crawling on the edge of our bed; that was disgusting. That won't stop us from staying here again but only for an oceanview room.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Van
"Poipu paradise"
Terrific facility at a terrific location. Close to shopping, restaurants, and of course, the ocean. A+
1 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
"Great location. Enjoy the nearby beach, garden..."
Over all is good, except we were given a room on the first floor in building 5, which is near to the laundry building, not enogh privacy. We noticed that there were many empty rooms in a better floor and location, but the hotel front desk person choose this room for us. Of course we could ask for a change later, but it's more work for us since the hotel is big and the change would require more time and attention, and we only had limited time for this trip.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
D
"Good restaurant, average hotel"
Older hotel, but great pool. Original room smelled strongly of mildew so the staff moved us to another room. Ice machines not very well located. A lot of walking to get to rooms from Lobby. Rays restaurant was very good and great sunset view.
3 night romance trip May 18, 2015
"Great beach, room was ok. Loved the location!"
Great resort. Beautiful beach. I loved the swimming area. The rentals are extra but exercise classes are included. The exercise room is sufficient but not as good as the site boasts. The room was typical, not great but clean. (The ceiling in the shower needed to be redone and was an eyesore, but the rest of the room was OK).
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
"Love the beach"
The staff at The Sheraton were amazing! They were all friendly and went out of the way to make sure you were taken care of. The beach and pool were in the perfect proximity of each other and there was food and drink service. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
Amber
"Ok hotel, extra money for the quality"
The quality is not the best, I think is over priced. And definitely the attention is not very friendly. Night life is not much to do in perimeter
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
Doug
"Nice garden next door"
Room was ok though beds were full size, not queen. Facilities were nice even though undergoing renovation/changes while we were there, May 2015. Staff didn't know how not to replace towels even though we tried to help save the environment. On-site eating was over priced but other restaurants nearby.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
"Next time we will definitely stay longer."
A weekend is much too short of time to enjoy this resort.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Debra
"Noisy toilet every flush."
The toilet flush was pretty noisy. The room phone turned on in the middle of the night on speaker as if someone was going to make a phone call waking both of us up. Beach towels look raggedy and over use. It needs to be replaced. We were expecting a little higher end experience from Sheraton, but given the location of the hotel it made up for our lack of expectation.
Other trip May 29, 2015
"Property could use a facelift"
Stay was nice but expected more for a 4 star hotel. Property would probably need to be updated to be expected to continue as a 4 star and above property.
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
Really enjoyed the view of the garden, pool,and fish pond while sitting out on the balcony every morning sipping coffee provided in the room. Very relaxing vacation.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Beautiful"
Great
2 night business trip May 17, 2015
"Great hotel-resort on a beautiful stretch of beach"
We had a great stay at this hotel/resort. Our 'garden view' room was in the back part of the hotel, yet it had a beautiful view of the second pool and grounds. It was only a quick walk across the street to the main hotel where the restaurants, larger pool and beach are located. The property is close to nearby restaurants and shops, and they offer shuttle service. We will definitely choose this hotel again for our next visit to Kauai. We found the Sheraton to be of good value, as comparable hotels were quite a bit pricier.
4 night romance trip May 13, 2015
Meredith
"Paradise"
Nice room nice people
1 night business trip May 16, 2015
"Not worth the price"
Old Room-Problems with AC that took too long to fiX.
Other trip May 16, 2015
Colorado Bride
"Great place to stay!"
Hotel is in a convenient location. Close to beach and shops. Hotel condition is good and I like that we were offered to use the hospitality room b/c we had a late check out.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"So So Sheraton"
If you do not book directly with Sheraton, you may end up with two double beds instead of the Kind bed requested. This happened to everyone checking in when we were there. The room was clean and nice. The hotel had construction going on in the middle of the courtyard which was inconvenient to walk around. Not really much of a 'resort' feel.
2 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
steven
"family vacation"
ocean view deluxe was great. housekeeping was great too.
3 night family trip May 4, 2015
"Sheraton Kauai"
For $340 a night (plus $30 a day resort fee) we expected much nicer accommodations at the Sheraton Kauai. We spent extra to upgrade to oceanfront and the first room we were given was on the second floor in front of the pools not the "oceanfront" you'd expect. That room had bugs so we asked to transfer to a new room and they put us on the first floor with an obstructed oceanfront view. One night the power went out twice and they apparently don't have proper backup power so we had no lights in our room. After 4 days at the Sheraton we transferred to the Grand Hyatt which was fantastic. If you're going to Kauai and not on a tight budget stay at the Grand Hyatt!
4 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015