All hotels in Ocean City, Maryland, United States of America
10100 Coastal Hwy, Ocean City, MD, 21842, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great for beach access, not near OC boardwalk"
This hotel is right on the beach, with their own beach access, pool, and pool bar. There was parking around the hotel, and overflow parking across the street. Our check-in was easy (and we were upgraded to a higher floor with a balcony/view), and the front desk staff were very nice, but the lines to check-in looked long at other parts of the day. Room was clean, bathroom was dated and the tub didn't drain well, and the AC unit was noisy (but ended up being good white noise for our loud neighbors!). Spa amenities were great--steam room, sauna, whirlpool with ADA-compliant service, gym, and indoor and outdoor pools. With 16 floors, the elevators were a little packed. I'd recommend getting a floor higher up so you can actually get on the elevators! I wish this hotel was closer to the OC nightlife and restaurants, but this place is great if you just need some beach time.
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Lindsey
"Decent"
Our room was clean when we got there. We had no room service on second day. On third day when we requested towels from front lobby we had to call again after 45 minutes to request a second time. The indoor restaurant was miserable. The buffet never had food and for 40 dollars we expected better. Lennys fish taco were great, our server jimmy was amazing! We loved being served drinks on the beach. This hotel is very far from downtown with no boardwalk near by. Wish i had done more research on that
3 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
We were there for a family weekend getaway. The kids loved it, loved the heated pool since it was still a bit chilly for the beach water. Loved that it was right off the beach with a restaurant and bar areas for the adults. Definitely had a lot of perks and would stay there again.
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Marianna
"YIKES !!"
One of my worst ever experiences!! Kids running through the hallway for several hours. I called security twice and nothing was resolved. I ended up in the hallway having to stop the children from fighting...yikes!!!!!
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Teresa
"Nice stay, great view from top floor."
I stayed two nights during a conference. Location is great for me since I routinely stay in the same neighborhood and know the shops/restaurants in the area. Room was clean and my view was fantastic--16th floor facing north and I could could watch the sun rise over the ocean and then set over the bay. Beds are too soft for me but okay for a few nights. My one discomfort was the placement of the toilet paper holder in the bathroom--the toilet is so close that the TP was pressed tight against my thigh when sitting. (I notified the front desk when I checked out. Not sure what they can do about that but at least I told them.) Tried to have breakfast in their restaurant on my last morning but the hostess stood surveying a sea of empty but not cleaned up tables trying to figure out where to seat me. There were only a handful of others at tables. Each empty table had one dirty dish on it. It made me think no one cared enough to hustle a little bit, get the one last dish off the table, give it a quick wipe, and be ready for the next diners coming through the door. I decided to leave and walk down the block to the coffee shop.
2 night business trip May 6, 2015
Tina
"Family getaway"
It was very relaxing wish I had more time to stay there.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"A great place to stay with the dog"
My wife, grandson, dog and I had a wonderful time. It is a very dog friendly hotel. The pool and workout areas are exceptionally clean and very nice. Dogs are allowed anywhere except the restaurant and the pool, which made my dog very happy.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
bob
"ok for price"
used hot tub not as clean as I hoped. Buffet if you are a seafood lover great otherwise its ok
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
STEPHEN
"Take the dog out"
Nice place but it snowed and they plowed the pet area closed.That made it a pain to take my dog out for a brake.
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
"Decent stay"
Overall this was a nice hotel. The weather was extremely cold and there was a lot of snow, but the hotel staff helped everyone dig out their cars. They had trouble maintaining the temperature of the public spaces and hallways, but the rooms had individual thermostats, so they were warm. The restaurant's food is good, but expensive.
2 night trip Feb 15, 2015
"Ice machine"
Ice machine was out of order on our floor and had to go up 2 floors to get ice
"New Years Eve get a way"
last minute trip just to get away great room bathroom older but clean all that maters 11th floor with little balcony could see the ocean and the fireworks at the north side park food was great in the restaurant overall a great experience there was also a New Years Eve Party with two bands we did not go but people were all dressed up and had a good time it seemed
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"There for one night."
Staff was fantastic. Rooms were old. Need work done to them
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Unfortunate party people in the room next door"
Unfortunately we had a bad experience because of the party people in the room next door to us that woke us up at 2 a.m. and when you get woke up like that it is difficult to get back to sleep. I had to make 2 phone calls to the front desk and they promptly took care of the situation. If it wasn't for the middle of the night wake up, I would of given this hotel a 5 star rating.
Response by Clarion Resort Fontainebleau
Please accept my sincere apologies that you did not get a restful night's sleep. I'm happy to know that other than being woken up, you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We do hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
"Weekend stay"
Excellent on premisis resturant. Pet friendly
2 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
Calvin
"Very nice front desk gentleman"
I arived early at noon and the very pleasant front desk gentleman was able to give me room at that time even thogh check in was at 3 or 4.
Response by Clarion Resort Fontainebleau
I'm happy we were able to accommodate your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
1 night business trip Nov 15, 2014
"Decent for $100.00"
Stayed in November and it was great to have live entertainment and restaurant/bar on premises so we didn't have to leave the hotel. The hotel room was clean and a little updated. Would be nice to have a minifridge/bar with bottled water. The elevators take a really long time and seem a little off kilter. The restaurant and bar are extremely overpriced. Very outdated. The wait staff at the restaurant was lacking in many different aspects.
Response by Clarion Resort Fontainebleau
We appreciate you posting this information. We respect the feedback of all our guests, and use your comments to improve where needed. Thank you for your input.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Nicole
"review of Clarion"
The location was great as I was taking a class at the Ocean City Art league on 94th. The hotel was fine except for the very noisy air conditioner. I had trouble sleeping because of that but assumed all rooms were the same so did not mention it to staff.
Response by Clarion Resort Fontainebleau
I'm sorry that the AC unit caused you unrest. We are in the process of upgrading our AC units, and I hope you visit with us again to see the progress we've made.
2 night trip Oct 27, 2014
Ruth Ann
"Not really a balcony"
Room was nice, service great but they advertise a balcony!!! Not at all it's a 2 foot out rail . Just should say what it is in advertisement
Response by Clarion Resort Fontainebleau
Jimmy, I'm sorry that the balcony didn't meet your expectations. We advertise a standing balcony, and that's what the guestrooms have. If you want a full balcony, we offer one, two, and three bedroom suites that have large oceanfront balconies at our sister property, Marigot Beach Suites, which is right next door to the hotel. Thank you, Stephanie
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
jimmy
"Fleas"
Our Goldendoodle was groomed before we got here.., left with fleas...needless to say I am not happy. X
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Very good------------but some things to address"
My wife and kids and I stayed last weekend in conjunction with a visit to Assateaque. The first problem is that there is a hotel entrance and convention center entrance. That needs to be made more clear to incoming new patrons. The front desk staff was terrific. Check-in and check-out were a breeze and they were very helpful with local recommendations. Pool was excellent. Warm, clean, plenty of towels and chairs. Wife and kids loved it One of the few hotel pools with a deep section. Suitable for lap swimming if at off hours. Elevators were quick and spatious. We were on 15th floor so that was a must. Room grade is a B. While clean and nice decor (high on my wife's priority list), the balcony was a joke. Smaller than a phone booth. No room to sit. AC system was great for temperature control, but louder than a freight train. Scared the kids. TV was very good. Beach access gets an A++. Right out the back door from pool and patio with a nice trail thru the dunes. 2 shower and footwashers as you come back. Dining gets a F. WAY OVERPRICED! Went to sports bar to get appetizers for family. Waited over an hour and never heard a thing. No apologies or anything. Plenty of parking and right on the beach on Coastal highway on north side of town. Less than a mile from any shopping or food needs. For what we paid I guess I can't complain. For a purely beach-oriented visit we'd stay there again.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Chip
"Very close to the beach, large rooms"
We were met at reception by very friendly staff. The room was a great size and even had a balcony. We'd booked a room with 'no view' because the hotel was very busy and that was all that was left, but we were pleasantly surprised to find that we had a great view of the sea from our balcony. The room was very clean and comfortable, just starting to look a little dated in places (wallpaper in a bathroom...).
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Simon
"Beautiful location but horrible hotel"
The hotel is in desperate need for updates and for proper cleaning. The ceiling in the room had mold; dirty towels were provided as clean, the bathroom was from a different era; the hotel is smelly and full of dogs. The pool is horrible. The price is not correlated with the quality by any means.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Ella
"better than i thought"
We booked this mini vacation last minute and had never been to OC. The hotel was a pleasant surprise in terms of having decent amenities and nicer than your typical Clarion type hotel. The food was very good and the outdoor bar area was great. There were palm trees and a great view of the ocean. It felt very tropical.
2 night family trip Sep 3, 2014
sunny
"Good location for a ridiculous price."
Paid an outrageous price for a sub-par room and experience. Would have been happier staying at a Motel 6. The AC rattled loudly all night, king sized bed felt like an air mattress, the 'balcony' is big enough for one person at a time to stand, constantly waiting with a growing crowd for an elevator to finally show up. Location and beach access are the only good things I have to say about this place.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
"Very clean, family and pet friendly place"
Stay was great. Pleasantly surprised with the quality and cleanliness of the hotel. It felt much better than a 3 star. Parking was a bit tight but it was Labor day weekend and the hotel was packed to the brim. Staff was friendly and courteous. I saw several guests with pets; the hotel has a fenced-in dog park in the back of the hotel. Only hotel with a big restaurant on the property in about a half-mile both ways on the beach strip.
2 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
AR
"Excellent trip"
Loved every minute.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Milkias Yohannes
"Close to the beach but far from night life !!"
The hotel was great overall. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. They would greet you good morning and good night every time someone walks in and out of the hotel front doors. the amenities overall was just OK. I wasn't pleased with the employees that worked at the outside bar by the pool during the day. They weren't friendly at all. The prices of the drinks were reasonable but again the servers and the bartender was not friendly both days I stayed at the hotel.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Hoten must do something on elevators. Upon check out, I literally waited 45 minutes at 16th floor to get down. Horrible service. They need more elevators. Best part of staying there is water in pool. Heated pool with nice warm water.
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
This hotel was terrible, hallways were dirty, rooms smelled of dogs and elevators barely worked. this hotel charges way too much money for their services, not worth the price
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Anna
"worst hotel in gods creation"
dirty bad service rude would highly recommend to stay far away GROSS
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
shelly
"Nice family friendly resort."
Overall very nice. Rooms clean, staff helpful, adequate parking. The only thing that could be better is that the elevators are slow and there are not enough for the size of the place. Also the Queen beds are really Standard.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Mom
"Nice getaway"
The Clarion Resort Fontainebleau is a very nice hotel. We enjoyed our stay there, however the hotel can reach an outstanding rating with attention to a few details. I would recommend adding additional staff to the hotel restaurant. The current staff was very nice, but they need help serving the amount of people they have to service. The restaurant is very busy, its in their best interest to add staff. In addition, if an additional elevator can be added, that would cut down on the long elevator wait. I must add, the Front desk staff was very helpful and very nice. The cleaning staff was also very good and nice. All in all, he entertainment and amenities were wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and I would recommend the hotel to others.
3 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2014
Vixs
I didn't like my room view, I have a roof with loud A/C units running. I believe I paid to much for that.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Jaime
Really enjoyed the hospitality, and prompt service. What a friendly family environment. The entertainment was excellent and there was always something to do. Wife, kids and my Inlaws all enjoyed themselves. What more can I ask for? We will be back Thanks Clarion
4 night family trip Aug 23, 2014
Jermaine
"A decent hotel with a great restaurant"
This hotel is a bit pricy for its 3 stars but its intangibles include an exit to the beach straight from the elevator (you still have to go through a bar), a bar facing the beach, and an all-you-can-eat buffet that offers everything from shrimp and crab legs to spare ribs to several kinds of ice-cream. Leaving this restaurant at night you just don't want to go or drive anywhere else.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Good. I have stayed here many times. No other hotel has the resort amenities and is on the beach (a park your car and leave it hotel) The quality and service is consistently good, and at a very reasonable price.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
Robin
"Nice Hotel great view and access to the beach."
Great staff, the group "On The Edge" that played at the outdoor bar were Great. Don't miss the show.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
Mark and Diana
We had a very good stay
4 night trip Aug 18, 2014
giles cooke
"Awesome Experience"
We had a great time at the Clarion. The front desk staff (Chad) was so wonderful and he is first rate with customer service. We will go again and stay longer!!!
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Pleasantly Surprised"
We booked very last minute. We were very happy and are normally hard to please. Great amenties. Plenty of staff. They own their portion of the beach. The room was advertised with no view but in fact had one of the ocean and bay. Elevators issues was the only problem we had.
3 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Jo
"A great stay at a great price"
We were initially disappointed. The Clarion appears older and is easy to miss from the road. However, the hotel pleasantly surprised us with a great view, a spacious room with sofa bed, prompt staff, and a decent restaurant.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Very friendly and accommodating staff! Great food at the snack bar. The room was clean, neat and comfortable.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
Ana
"Clarion OCMD"
Nice stay. Lots of amenities. Close to everything. Local restaurants are wonderful with many choices. The hotel charges for beach chairs. I thought that was unnecessary considering the daily rate paid for the room. The view from the balcony was very nice, but its a shame they aren't full balconies. The hotel staff were very nice and always cordial. Housekeeping was great and our rooms were serviced timely each day.
4 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
Dottie
"Nice hotel close to the beach."
What I like best about the hotel was the beach. However I do believe the hotel room needs to be restored. The ceiling had water stains. I didn't like the mini pillows on the bed. I would prefer two queen size pillows instead. The bed was comfortable but the rooms should reflect more of a pleasing "beach atmosphere" since the hotel is located on the beach. I enjoyed eating at the restaurant.
Response by Clarion Resort Fontainebleau
Thank you for posting your feedback. We will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Mold on walls and roach in bathroom"
They have nerve charging so much for this place. The rooms need renovating. There was mold on the walls/ceiling and the walls, bathroom door and front door were dirty. The fan in the bathroom was full of dust/dirt and there was a cockroach in the bathroom our last night (I would have checked out right away if I could). It's a shame since the staff seemed nice enough but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! Gross, gross, gross!
Response by Clarion Resort Fontainebleau
I'm very sorry that you experienced these issues. The situation you describe is not up to our standard, and I'm very disappointed that the room was in that condition. I have forwarded your comments to the Director of Housekeeping, who will work to ensure these issues do not get repeated. Sincerely, Stephanie Reed Social Media Manager
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Anonymous
a very wonderful time at this hotel...good band, friendly and accomodating staff...
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"Decent hotel for a family with small children."
Staff was courteous, clean rooms and attentive pool staff. It was a nice distance from the boardwalk - not too close & not too far.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"Close to beach but terrible ocean views."
Our room was on the pet floor so our view was the roof of the convention center and all we could hear were the air conditioning units running day and night. Check in at 4:00, don't arrive early our room wasn't available until 4:30. Electrical outlets were not all working. The coffee maker and microwave were on a extension cord and you need to unplug one to plug in the other. Parking is a nightmare if you can find parking at the hotel spaces are tight, if you can't find parking you will have to park across the street and run across a 6 lane highway. Our last night we had a water leak into our room, only to find out the next morning it was a toilet from the room above. Our only compensation was a guaranteed parking space 2 nights and out pet fee was removed from our bill. The new front desk manager is very rude. I will say that the cleaning staff was very friendly and helpful.
Response by Clarion Resort Fontainebleau
Dear Donna, Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction, and that of all our guests, is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Kind regards, Stephanie Reed Social Media Manager
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Satisfied"
I had never been to O.C. so I just took a shot with the Clarion. Overall it's a great hotel. Not very close to the boardwalk however.
3 night trip Aug 5, 2014