All hotels in Santiago, Chile
Ave Santa Maria 1742, Santiago, Region Metropolitana, 1742, Chile, ‏‎855-239-9480

"Renewal"
Hotel location is very good but it's under renewal with lots of noise and the water pressure to shower was awful
3 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
Gregory
"Very pleasantly surprised"
As a Starwood Platinum member, they upgraded me to stay in their Luxury Collection Tower next door which was a great treat. Service was flawless. Their location is unbeatable because of their proximity to their underground highway which takes you from/to the airport in about 15 minutes.
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
Bruno
"Repairs being done at night!"
I couldn't believe when I started listening to hammering and drilling around midnight. I called the front desk and they were "surprised" I could hear from the 4th floor the noise they were doing on the 6th floor. Don't have to be a scientist to realize that noise travels, specially at night. They reduced the noise for about two hours, but eventually it resumed. I still can't believe a Sheraton was doing repairs during night time! So unprofessional! It is not my problem if last-minute repairs have to be made, I had work to do next morning, that's why I paid an expensive hotel: to rest. I am very disappointed with Sheraton Santiago.
2 night business trip Jul 2, 2014
"It is no longer what it used to be"
We stayed there because we were invited to a party given in the same hotel. The main areas of the hotel and our bedroom, were cold, the heating system didn't work properly. The access from the parking is poorly signed and the area of those elevators need some paintig, at least. The floor carpet in our room was dirty.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Good for Business"
The hotel has excellent facilities for convention and business activities. But, the location is not the best in Santiago Business district. The restaurants are expensive and there is not a lot of choices at walking distance. The breakfast and the Wi Fi are not free, meanwhile a lot of very good hotels in Santiago include these service as free.
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
Traveler
"Bad trip Santiago"
Hotel lloks good outside but rooms are old and in disrepair. I had a room on the second floor across from bar, which was busy and noisy until early morning. rooms design is bad and uncomfortable. I made a call to the US and cost me $ 94.00.
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
Mario
"A very good location Hotel"
I had a good impression about Chile. The city was very clean every where I went. People very kind, I think tourist gets the best from the people; is a very warm welcome everywhere you go. I was lucky to have a great weather for the four days I spent in Santiago, couldn't ask for more.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Well located - fabulous views of the City & Andes"
The hotel is walking distance from a shopping strip and a significant new shopping centre under Santiago's tallest commercial tower. Many rooms and the bar on the 21st Floor have spectacular views of the City and the Andes. I relaxed, enjoyed the health club and had a great lunch in the Bar.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Tony
"Nice but needs some attention to several details."
Good hotel that I have been going to sporadically for over twenty years now. It is showing its wear and needs to be renovated, especially the bathrooms where the tub as shower is inconvenient and in general the bathrooms are crowded. The staff is courteous but not always helpful. My biggest complaint though is the amount of smoking allowed and supported in the public spaces, especially around the swimming pool. I found that I had to relocate myself every time I was outside. The beds and linens are extremely comfortable and the best staff was the housekeeping staff.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
ROOMS WERE COMFORTABLE BUT COULD USE A "MAKE OVER". HOTEL HAS A GREAT POOL AREA WITH CABANA'S, AND FIRE PITS. POOL AREA WITH LOUNGERS GET 100%. VERY COMFORTABLE.
Other trip Feb 3, 2013
"Chile"
Wonderful hotel resort. Really made our trip to Santiago
Other trip Dec 12, 2012

The service was excellent, the room was very clean and comfortable. The A/C wasn't working but they fixed it immediately. The breakfast was very good. I will definitely stay here next time
4 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
Liliana Munoz
"A very tired Shereton!!"
Rooms were small and not clean,furniture was threadbare and soiled,carpet was badly stained. Front desk phoned at 23.00 when I had been asleep for an hour to tell me that they had forgotten to swipe my credit card when I checked in and could I came to the front desk!! A bad hotel not to be recommended !!
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
rogerb
"Disappointing"
Hotel needs repairs. Loose fittings in the bathroom, cuts on the carpet in the room, aircondition not the best and bed mattress sloping to one side. All this was shown to the suprevisor who could only say sorry.
Other trip Mar 10, 2013
NZ

"pessimo atendimento"
Check out dia 22/06 e eles não me reembolsaram , 22 diarias a vencer ..
15 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
THIAGO
BR
"Buen hotel que necesita una urgente renovación."
Buen hotel y bien situado pero el tiempo pasa y necesita una buena renovación.
3 night business trip May 23, 2015
Juan
ES
"Muy recomendado, excelente servicio y atencion"
Todo de 10, excelente servicio y atencion
3 night business trip May 13, 2015
Emanuel
AR
"Buen servicio, practico para viajes de negocios"
Siempre buena elección en viaje de trabajo.
3 night trip May 21, 2014
ES
"Redelijk hotel voor te veel geld"
Het ontbijt was zeer matig. De prijzen heel duur. Er was niet eens de mogelijkheid om koffie te maken op de kamer. En er was ook geen strijkplak op de kamer. Het hotel wordt veel door zakenmensen gebruikt zoals ik zelf en dan is da toch wel het minimum.
6 night trip Mar 8, 2014
Anoniem
NL
"para año nuevo"
Era una noche muy romantico
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2013
sandra
CL
"Bra forretningshotell"
Hotellet har bra beliggenhet i Santiago. Det har bra restauranter, treningsrom, basseng og business senter. Rommene er litt slitt, men ok for forretningsreise.
4 night business trip Sep 23, 2013
Stephen
Me parecio un buen hotel.
3 night business trip Apr 16, 2013
CO
"Sentralt og komfortabelt"
Flott opphold. Meget sentralt. Gode muligheter for rekreasjon og bading i hotellets hage med flott pool og restaurant. Bilutleie og turarrangør tilstede på hotellet
5 night family trip Mar 27, 2013
Karl Erik
Nao ter wi fi nos quartos achei um absurdo. E quando paga por hora/meio periodo ou 24 hrs tambem nao se pode acessar do quarto, sempre no hall do hotel.
Other trip Feb 19, 2013
IT
Garçons não atendem bem seus hospedes e ficam conversando entre eles e esquecem dos hospedes!
3 night romance trip Sep 27, 2012
Roberta
"Qualidade e conforto"
Apesar de curta foi muito boa.
Other trip Oct 1, 2012
"Excelente hotel"
Muito satisfeito, hotel e ótimo e os funcionários muito cordiais!
Other trip Aug 26, 2012
Business trip Jul 23, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center

"No Rest for the Weary"
06/26/15 bluedevildoll Hong Kong, China
My husband and I were coming off 20 hours of flying, and we had a 12 hour layover in Santiago before our next flight. When we arrived at the airport, we decided it might be prudent to get a hotel for the day. As an SPG platinum, our first call was to the Sheraton. The front desk confirmed they had a room available, so we continued booking the reservation online. When we arrived at the hotel, a large group of airline employees was checking in. We got in line at the designated SPG Gold/Platinum desk but were promptly told to get in line behind the airline employees as it was first come-first serve. When we finally managed to get our jet-lagged selves to an available front desk clerk, we were told that no rooms were available. I politely said that we had just called and were told that one would be available when we arrived. Well, it just so happened that because of my status, a platinum upgrade to a suite suddenly appeared. Sadly, check-in was the best part of this visit. When we arrived at the suite, there was no electricity in the room -- no lights and no air-conditioning. Despite "fixing" this problem after half an hour, the electricity went off again midway through our stay. It wasn't even worth fixing. We overlooked the lack of electricity because the bigger issue was that the suite was located directly next to a room that was part of the area undergoing renovation. There was actually a jackhammer on the other side of the wall from the bed. It was awful -- no sleep, no air-conditioning, no lights, a room with furnishings straight out of 1970, and only a cursory apology from management when we left. While I am understanding of renovation, in no universe should this have been a serviceable room for any guest let alone someone who is devoted to the SPG brand. Needless to say, we booked at the Holiday Inn Airport on our return trip. I have stayed in Starwood properties all over the world, and this is the only one to which I will never return.
"Consistently disappointing"
06/12/15 OomGerrie Johannesburg, South Africa
First the positives: the bacon at breakfast is fantastic. The location is very good. Unfortunately, there is a long list of negatives: 1) The hotel decor and facilities are dated 2) The gym is very cramped 3) The internet speed is inconsistent 4) The bath plug does not seal (confirmed with other guests too) 5) The water pressure in the shower is laughable it is so poor AND the temperature fluctuates. 6) Very little English spoken - surprising for a 5 star hotel belonging to an international chain. 7) The restaurant staff are fairly clueless - don't clear plates, don't offer coffee at breakfast, don't greet diners arriving for a meal. 8) We got a notice that room service would not be available for most of our stay due to maintenance of the service lifts - OK, but then give us a 20% room rate discount. 9) No coffee facility in rooms - I have never experienced this in more than 100 hotel stays around the world. 10) I had room service one night - the wrong meal arrived, and it was cold and dry as a bone. I was too tired to wait for a replacement meal so ate what they had given me. See Photo!
"Max 3 star hotel"
05/26/15 Richard Z
A real dump! It was not only the absence of hot water on the day of departure. The room I had (527) was the worst room I've ever had in a Sheraton hotel, actually it would be a bad room in a 3 star hotel. I have no problem in paying over US$200 for a good Sheraton room centrally located in a capital city, but not for the standard provided to me! Besides being tiny, everything in this room was old and worn. The toilet seemed like something I would accept in an old train station - the only way to flush is by kicking it with my feet. The amount of water coming out of the shower was not enough. Luckily my wife didn't come along, because showers without a handle or at least a BD in the restroom are a thing of the past. TV reception of CNN is poor. Internet reception is spotty. The only thing that worked well was the friendly staff in lobby, bed, the a/c and free bottles of water.
"excellent just excellent!"
05/19/15 peter c Bristol, United Kingdom
great hotel and excellent staff highly recommend this hotel. the staff could not be more helpful. I felt highly respected and welcome in a very professional way. everybody spoke several languages and were more than happy to help you at any time. Efficient clean and high quality.
"Cigarette smell, bad internet and cleaning"
05/18/15 JoaoJava Salto, SP
I like the Sheraton hotels, but this was a deception. Bad internet, cleaning is poor at room. It seems to lack maintenance. Hope the manager fix this issue for future visitors. The localization is good and beautiful landscape. It's ok for 2 nights.
"no internet!!!"
05/16/15 Lili_viajando San Jose, California
Staff very nice and hotel ok. To have warm water to take bath is better you let the water running for couple of minutes. However, really really annoying is that internet is not working!! I came for business for Santiago and it was IMPOSSIBLE to work at the hotel. I will not come back and will inform my company travel agency to avoid this hotel The room heat didnt work and I was freezing at my room, the breakfast was not good too Additionally, we inform a bit late that one colleague was not coming. The hotel was not full and they charge one day for my colleague
"an unforgettable treat!"
05/12/15 Abdul M Chicago, Illinois
As many get nice things for their wedding, we received a stay at the Sheraton hotel with the executive suite and an executive breakfast. The view was great, but the best thing was the breakfast! The cart coming in the morning with a small stove: Hash browns, fruits, juice, toast..... man-o-man... I have had that delight in a long time... I would love to return to Sheraton and have this delight again. I hope it is not too high priced.... but an unforgettable treat!
"Holland America Line should be ashamed for booking us here"
05/10/15 Homer B Denver, Colorado
Holland America Line [HAL] put us in this hotel as part of a cruise itinerary. HAL collected $482.44 USD from us for a one-night stay at this place - double occupancy. It is the quality of a hotel for which we would normally pay about $100 per night - and that is being generous. The rooms were small, outdated, and not terribly clean. I say "rooms" because we asked the front desk to move us to a better room as soon as we got in. They put us in the same size and low-quality room two floors up. We asked the general manager what portion of that $482.44 HAL remitted to The Sheraton. Mr. Arial Mendez told us that info is "confidential." This added insult to injury and served to transfer a good portion of the distaste to The Sheraton.
"Stayed three nights"
04/22/15 bsibley42 Adelaide South Australia
This hotel a little way away from the centre. In need of refurbishment. Rooms and bathrooms are tired and need upgrading. Staff helpful and made good suggestions for restaurants nearby hotel taxi service was good. Breakfast poolside was 7/10
"Aging but comfortable"
04/12/15 pyro_104 Brisbane, Australia
A missed connection in Santiago forced a stay at this hotel, graciously provided free of charge by the airline. It's location seemed an odd choice for a layover hotel, being perhaps a 20 minute taxi ride in light traffic from the airport, but it was no hassle at 2 am in the morning. Check-in was swift and trouble free - they are obviously used to waylaid travelers. Although the hallway to the room seemed very tired, the room itself was functional and comfortable. This hotel would have been top-class perhaps 15 years ago. Wifi was listed as being free in the lobby with a charge in the rooms which seemed a little antiquated, however it mattered little because I was battling to connect anywhere (important when you have just missed a connection and are trying to get a message out to someone picking you up). Eventually the helpful front desk diagnosed that they had spelled my name wrong during check-in, causing the wifi log-in data to be be different. Breakfast by the pool was quiet and luxurious with an excellent selection at the buffet. My only gripe was the first coffee served lukewarm gave little warning that the second coffee would be scalding hot - goodbye tastebuds! The pool area itself is beautiful and becomes quite busy later in the morning. The hotel is within a long walking distance to the CBD sights and attractions and the walk to and around town was a good way to spend a day exploring a new location on short notice. One thing I found odd about the room was the lack of information about surrounds and facilities - like what time the restaurants were open, what the deal was with the gym etc. A few brochures or an information pack would have been helpful. Dinner was a quick affair before rushing to the airport, with, again, a good selection available and attentive helpful staff. Two minor gripes were that it starts very late (I think it was 8 pm) and the hotel neglected to tell us waylaid travellers that we needed to get a voucher from the reception to partake. Checkout and the trip back to the airport were efficient and uneventful - again a sign that this hotel is quite used to travelers on unexpected layovers.