All hotels in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

"Harbourfront review"
Very acceptable Perfect location
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
"Convenient to casiono"
Well maintained hotel, with good, helpful staff - who were quick and polite to respond with insights and recommendations
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Short Stay"
Everything was great. I was only there one night, but noticed it is conveniently located to restaurants (e.g., The Bicycle Thief). Hotel staff were helpful and friendly. The food was good.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Always a pleasure"
Always pleased every time I visit the Marriott Harbourfront.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Ricky
Right at the water - our room was a corner room and we saw water right out the window from both sets of windows. At night we could watch the barges lit up sailing by. Right out the door was the Lower Deck restaurant and bar as well as some of Halifax's famous restaurant, the harbour and board walk. Market was just a short walk away as was the downtown. But their shining star was definitely the staff!! They were always courteous and eager to help - very professional! Hotel was quite large with nice hot tub and pool (indoors) as well as an amazing and chic restaurant. It was nice just to visit at night for a specialty coffee and dessert and lounge in their comfy couches.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"Work meetings"
We have held a convention here for a number of years. I think the number of participants is between 200-250. Staff at every aspect were very helpful including a two day loss of a winter coat the Catering manager knew exactly where to find.This time my room even overlooked the pool (interior) which we happened to really like. Staff who I took to the meetings especially were complimentary of the pillows in the rooms, the food and the pool. This hotel is centrally located for waterfront touring, casino or a downtown festivities.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Tara
"Great location for my type of business"
Nice staff, great location for business. Very good food. Decent rooms, nothing special.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Lindsey
"great place to stay."
Attended a conference in Halifax. Hotel was lovely and clean, staff friendly and went out of their way to make my stay comfortable and easy. The hotel is right in the historic properties on the waterfront wonderful restaurants, galleries, shops and clubs are in arms reach.
1 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
janet
"Nice hotel. Right on the harbourfront"
Close to everything. For you stsrbuck lovers one in hotel.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
anns
Hotel has a great location for anyone wanting to walk the waterfront and enjoy the activities along the way.
Response by Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
We are so glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and waterfront location with lots of shops and restaurants nearby. Thank you for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Gerry
"Not quiet"
Overall the hotel was very nice. The rooms were wonderful, but I think the walls are made of paper. All night I could hear the doors closing down the hallways and an infant crying closeby. The location was great. A little too expensive though.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Valeri
"Come back here"
Excellent, Will be back for sure
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
peter
"Expensive nap"
Slept there for 3 hours, I guess it was alright but an expensive nap. All cheaper hotels were full in the area
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
nice hotel but
"Excellent hotel located on harbourside in Halifax"
We have used the Marriott Harbourfront on a previous occasion in 2011 and were greatly taken then by the warm welcome and attention of the staff without exception. In addition the very central position of the hotel makes it an ideal base to explore a historic and interesting city and region of Canada. This trip proved no exception and we greatly enjoyed our stay of 10 days. It became our home from home. We would warmly recommend it to all visitors to Nova Scotia.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
BILL
"Getaway"
Gteat hotel with fantastic location
3 night romance trip Sep 5, 2014
"Downtown comfort"
Bed is like clouds. Room is clean and warm. High quality hotel. My personal favourite
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
Marriott
"Great location right on Halifax boardwalk!"
Loved the location, perfect to be right on harbour with great shopping and restaurants nearby. Walking distance to citadel and museums. Hotel restaurant has fantastic food with best gluten free seafood chowder ever! Waitress Mary Beth deserves special mention as wonderful example of warm friendly people in Halifax. Can't wait to come back!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Centrally located with great view of the harbour."
Pleasant and helpfull staff without being fawning. Quiet, clean, well appointed rooms. Comfortable bed and pillows. Near historic Properties on the Harbourfront. Not a 'great' hotel but a very good one, and probably the best in Halifax.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Excellent vacation"
Very relaxing in halifax. We had a wonderful holiday. The hotel was excellent!!!
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"Hotel website needs updating"
Not a terrible hotel, but one inaccuracy and the way the staff handled it means I will be staying elsewhere in Halifax next time. The Halifax Marriot's website states there are steam rooms in both locker rooms. I had driven about six hours that day, and made my choice based on their fitness amenities. No steam room, even though the website and as it turns out, the in room hotel guide states that there is. Here's the kicker - when I called down to ask about the discrepancy I was treated with rudeness and hostility. It began with the staffer saying I was wrong about the hotel guide, even as I was reading it to her. No bothering to check, or to look at the website. Instead she referred to what apparently to her was her long history with the hotel-- one year--- and that she had never heard this before. No "I'll look into this" or "we apologize for the misinformation' etc. Such a minor response was required. Instead the staffer unnecessarily escalated this to annoyance and rudeness. Lots of other hotels in Halifax.
Response by Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. I was disappointed to hear that there are still inaccurate sites that indicate we have a steam room at our facilities. The effort was taken a few years back to ensure our amenities were up to date, so I can appreciate your frustration. We have since sent to all booking parties our information so they can make the necessary corrections. I apologize that we did not field your suggestions and feedback in the most helpful manner while here on property. I hope that you will consider this property in the future and appreciate the time you took to address these concerns.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
GG
"Great Hotel Right on the Waterfront"
Loved this place! Comfortable room overlooking the harbour, nice pool and great fitness facility. You can walk out the door straight onto the harbourfront boardwalk and it is also connected via raised walkways to shopping and dining near by. Staff was very friendly and helpful and we had a thoroughly enjoyable stay.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Leo
"Nice average"
Not much interaction with hotel staff nice that Starbucks located within hotel.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
margo
Although I usually do not expect very much from Marriott, I am still not satisfied with this waterfront hotel. The view is great, if you live in a room with a view. However, they often do not have that much of "rooms with a view". In addition to that, all the things are fairly worn out, if you really care. (I understand that the building and the hotel are both a little bit old, so I could accept this condition.) Parking is great. This location is very convenient to almost everywhere, especially to my favourite restaurant, "Salty's". Overall, I would stay at this hotel again, but I probably would upgrade my room.
Response by Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
I I am happy to hear you enjoy our harbourfront location. The design of our building does limit the number of guestrooms that face the water full on, but many of our rooms offer a partial view of either the south or north end of Halifax harbour and the adjacent Historic Properties. We renovated our lobby, restaurant and main floor convention space just last year . Thank you for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Jacko
"Great location. Close to shops and restaurants."
It was a great few days spent in my home town. The weather was great, food excellent, and of course beautiful scenery and overall hospitality.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Great location on waterfront"
Close to everything. Friendly staff and recently renovated hotel has all the amenities. Book the airport express bus online in advance. Cab fare was $65 compared to less than $20 pet person for the airport expresd
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Awesome"
Great location, great staff, courteous and helpful the whole time.
3 night business trip Aug 19, 2014
"Located on the harbor."
Great hotel with excellent location and very professional staff. Very comfortable restaurant with great selection of seafood and wine.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Michel
"It's nice. Right on the water"
We stayed one night in this hotel in August 2014. We were 4 adult travellers enroute to Newfoundland. The location is great (it's on the water and close to downtown). The service was ok. The room was clean. The only complaint that I would have was that there was no fridge in the room. Given the price of the room, it was one of the things that I would have really appreciated since we were on a road trip type of vacation.
Response by Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront. It is our goal to ensure that all our guests have an enjoyable stay and return for a future stay. Our hotel as you mentioned is situated just perfectly in the downtown area and close to many of the more popular tourist attractions and in walking distance. Fridges do seem to be a popular request, so much so, we have purchased a large amount that is scheduled to be arrived very soon, until then they are always available upon request. We are excited to be able to offer this in our guestrooms for many of our leisure travelers that are here for an extended stay. Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope to see you again in the near future.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"Quiet, central hotel, very expensive extras"
The hotel itself is in a great location and is very quiet. On the downside, the parking and breakfast were way too expensive, especially as there are close places to park for much cheaper. There's a Starbucks downstairs but it closes very early.
Response by Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel. In fact, it is the only hotel situated directly on the water making it the perfect hotel destination for tourists. We do our best to keep all our prices competitive and offer other options such as Starbucks to provide breakfast on the go and they open earlier than our restaurant making it very convenient. One of the wonderful things about Halifax is that we are not short on restaurants providing numerous options for our guests to try and many that are family oriented. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and I do hope to see you again in the upcoming year.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
I was surprised that there was no mini fridge or microwave in the room. This day in age I thought all room had this in them. I haven't stayed in a place for years that this stuff was not included. Otherwise the hotel was prefect.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
"Home city"
Hotel stay was great . Hotel rooms needs a fan in the bathroom for showering.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
scotian born
"Beautiful Hotel - Great Location"
Very comfortable hotel and perfectly located next to the casino and the Historic Properties of Halifax.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"excellent location"
We arrived in Halifax in time to celebrate Canada Day - the hotel is right on the board-walk and is perfect for getting around to everything by foot. We had a bit of an issue with the sheets that did not seem to fit the bed the first night but after bringing to the attention of the front desk the next 3 nights were bliss. The Hotel Staff (all of them - day and night) were so nice to talk to - we had the misfortune of being in Halifax with Hurricane Arthur making his way toward Nova Scotia. we would check in with the staff often to ask about the weather and the conditions that we should expect during what they were referring to as a 'tropical storm'. They were very reassuring during this rather anxious time. The Concierge (Kristi - forgive me if that is not correct) was an absolute gift - after our flight was cancelled and the Marriott was full she contacted another hotel for us near the airport and booked us in there for the next night. She also reassured us that things would be fine - lots of wind (107 MPH) would not last long a day or so. She also got us some information about how to contact our airline and make other arrangements for our flight when we were unable to get a computer since so many people were in the same situation. The Staff at this Hotel are all 5 Star - ready to help you with any wish or answer any question and take the time to have a bit of a laugh with you as well. looking forward to our next visit to Halifax.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Comfy bed!"
Loved the location! The pool and hot tub was nice. The bed and pillows were so comfy! The hotel was very clean.
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2014
Leanne
"Nice hotel in downtown Halifax waterfront"
The hotel is close to everything, no need to take a car. Downtown Halifax waterfront has a number of great restaurants and some nightlife. Most of the later bars and clubs are quite a hike away. The casino is next door to the Mariott Harbourfront. It is a small casino, not very exciting. The Hotel was a little bit chintzy on the toiletries and toilet paper. There were two of us, and we only had towels and toiletries for one. If you managed to catch the maid then you could ask and you would get another towel or shampoo. You had to do this every day thought, so it got tedious. The beds were super comfortable. The doors were not soundproof, so when the party of three came back at 4:00am in the morning, not only did they wake me up, they kept me awake until 5:30 am when they finally stopped talking loudly and drunkenly so that I could not hear them.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Christel
"Downtown hotel on the water."
Great hotel in Halifax. Close to everything and very nice updates!
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
pamela
"Lovely stay but for one rude desk clerk"
Room was lovely and comfortable, we were grateful for early check in. Desk staff at check in on the 4th were lovely and so were all the bellhops.
V
"Nice hotel close to the harbour!"
We really enjoyed our stay at the Marriott. We love that the hotel is on the boardwalk and the hotel is centralized, so we could walk everywhere. The rooms were clean, and the staff were pleasant. We loved the food in the hotel dining room and only had one issue with the service, which the hotel fixed promptly. We would stay there again.
Jilly
"Excellent downtown location"
Very nice! My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and were treated like royalty. Staff were excellent, food was delicious and room was large, clean and very comfortable.
Vicki
"Very very comfortable room"
It was all good. Loved having the Starbucks in the lobby.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Nice view of the harbour, big clean rooms"
Close to the harbour, lots of fun right outside your door. Worth a few extra bucks
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Bad Parking"
We love coming over to this hotel, love it because it is located downtown but this time, just bought a new truck & when we arrive around 7:30pm they told me they had no more parking for oversize vehicles. What I had to do is go park at the Casino up the street, try & find parking ticket & walk back to hotel, it was almost 8:30pm by the time I got back, didn't have any supper yet. I wish they would tell you up front that there is a limited amount of parking for oversize vehicles & that you might have to park it at the Casino then people would know
Response by Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your most recent stay with us at the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront.We are the only hotel in Halifax that is situated directly on the waterfront allowing our guests to enjoy all the downtown sites and attractions. Parking is definitely in high demand in the downtown area for many of the businesses locally for both small and larger vehicles. It is for that reason that we do indicate on our website that we have limited oversized parking availability. As you mentioned, we have both Purdy’s Tower and the Casino just a short walk away or inside pedway so in the colder months of the year our guests are not inconvenienced by the inclement weather. Feel free on your next visit to call ahead and we can let you know if there spaces available prior to you arriving. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Jean
"LOCATION,LUXURY,LOCATION."
Second time staying at Marriott Harbourfront, All the luxury and convenience you will ever need and it is right in the heart of the action. Friendliest staff you will find anywhere, breakfast at the Harbourstone restaurant is a must, It is very easy to like this Hotel and there is a genuinely friendly vibe all around.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Tony
"Small room"
I attended the CSCE conference. Breakfast was served the first morning; it was terrible: dry bread with a slice of bacon. Next morning they changed to a buffett breakfast; it increased the quality. The provided lunch was such simple without any spicy tastes. Beside it was cold.
Response by Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
Thank you for sharing your comments. Food quality is important to our culinary team and I will pass this along to them. We will also look for additional comments from your conference and group contact to ensure we address any further concerns.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"View of the room"
The view of the room is awful. You feel you are in prison. Other than that everything was good.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Completely overpriced and overrated"
For 249 plus a bunch of taxes and fees which totalled 300, we got a small room with two double beds and walls so thin we listened to the baby in the next room crying. I had booked the harbourfront for my parents as a treat for them because they would never book a nice hotel for themselves so I of course wanted a harbour view room, and thought that's what I had booked. When I arrived I was told that a harbourfront room would cost 40 more for an upgrade. Then was told they didn't have any left. Then was told they had partial view rooms, and then found us a harbour view room and charged me 40 for upgrade. We got up to the room and found a tiny room with two double beds and a half window which looked out onto the casino next door and if you stood up you could see a bit of water. Harbour view. I was very very disappointed as my parents and I only had the one night in Halifax to enjoy. And as for the room it really was nothing special or different from an econolodge type hotel. I have traveled extensively and in all levels of accomodation and I would not recommend this. My issue is not that the hotel is bad , it's that they are charging way way too much for what they give you. I spoke to the manager the next morning and he reversed the 40 charge, but I shouldn't have had to do that.
Response by Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
I am very disappointed to hear you found your guestroom unsatisfactory, particularly when the purpose of your stay was to offer a special treat for your parents . It is certainly not our intention to charge rates beyond what is reasonable for the quality and service we offer. Room rate is however, driven by market demand, similar to factors that affect airline ticket pricing. At this time of year occupancy in Halifax is high. Regardless of market influences, I am genuinely sorry that your experience did not meet, let alone surpass your expectations as we do strive to deliver brilliant hosting.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
jill
"Very nice hotel on the waterfront downtown."
I have stayed here a few times now and couldn't be happier. Very clean, with a friendly, helpful staff. Internet is ok. Very nice spa and fitness centre. The hotel is close proximity to everything downtown including a lovely harbour boardwalk.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Perfect for Family Reunions
1 night trip May 18, 2014
"Good location but dated hotel"
Hotel appears dated. Doors to rooms do not block noise in hallways. Rooms facing street are subject to noise traffic.
Response by Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
I am sorry to hear you did not find your stay with us as enjoyable as we would have liked. We renovated our lobby, business centre, restaurant and bar, plus 8,000 square feet of meeting space on the main floor just a year ago as part of our ongoing efforts to provide an up-to-date, contemporary atmosphere for our guests. We are located in the heart of the city, directly on the Halifax harbour, so occasionally there are audible city sounds. We would be happy to provide you with a room located away from the front of the hotel for a future stay, in hopes you will find it a quieter experience. Just let us know your preference when making your next reservation please.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Accommodating staff, good location"
Great staff....close to boardwalk ,casino, and great restaurants
Other trip May 5, 2014