All hotels in Brussels, Belgium
31 Place de Brouckere, Brussels, 1000, Belgium, ‏‎800-491-6126

Completely fantastic; the hotel is very centrally located and next to a Metro station. It's very beautiful inside, the room was huge and breakfast was lovely. The staff were also incredibly friendly and helpful. The only issue was with soundproofing - we were kept awake by the room next door being incredibly loud (unfortunately we shared a connecting door with their room). However, this was not the hotel's fault, and I'd unreservedly recommend it. Thank you!
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
A magnificent old hotel close to the Grand Place. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. It has been the setting for a number of movies and we will look for it when we see them again. There is an old open elevator which was out of service on 2 occasions during our 4 day stay which contributed to the charm of the hotel and gave us an opportunity to burn off some of the calories we had consumed.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
I strongly recommend staying at this hotel. Very nice
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
safa
"I loved this hotel!"
I wanted a traditional hotel and Hotel Metropole was just that! The hotel is centrally located in Brussels and is in great shape for its age.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
MayLady
"Grand Old Hotel"
Metropole Hotel is grand old hotel located near the hear of the old town. The rooms are large (especially for Europe), but the hotel definitely has a dated vibe. The rugs and flooring are old (but clean). The staff was helpful. All in all, it's a good hotel - just not a 5-star hotel.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Andrey
"Art Nouveau Hotel"
Charming Hotel, amazing room, staff is friendly and helpful, great maid service, excellent location for getting around in Brussels. Stayed for four nights in August, 2014
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Michele
"Great hotel!!"
The hotel was located in a perfect spot, walking distance to most attractions, and the metro was less than a block away. It is an old, beautifully restored hotel and we really loved it!
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
gusto
"fading majesty"
Stayed for two nights during the summer "off season". The hotel was quiet, with half the restaurants closed for summer holiday. It felt very much like staying in the title hotel of "The Grand Budapest Hotel". It's clear the hotel has seen better days, but it's infused with history and charm. It was quite a maze to find our way to our room. The room itself was large, but felt empty -- the great pomp and circumstance has worn away in places, replaced with sturdier, more generic pieces.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Andy
The Metropole is very centrally located, it is close to the main shopping street in Brussels and also many restaurants. Being a movie fan, I really appreciated its location right opposite the UGC cinema, which has many screens. The Grand Place is also a short walk away. I was very happy with the breakfast provided at the hotel as well. The concierge and staff were always helpful and friendly. For sure, I will be back at the Metropole when I am next in Brussels.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
".Beautiful hotel and centrally located"
The hotel is beautiful, clean, and centrally located. The staff was very helpful. The tram is literally steps away from the hotel. Brussels Central Station is a 15 minute walk. A Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour is 10 minute walk away. The Waffle Factory (Awesome Waffles) is a 10 minute walk. If you are taking the Midi station you should probably catch a taxi it was not expensive.
2 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Elsa
My daughter and I had a wonderful 3 nights stay at The Metropole Hotel. The hotel is older and worn but still gorgeous and historic. Our room was lovely and the bathroom was modernized and very big. The beautiful lift everyone mentions is being renovated until November 2014 so it was not available to use but you can still see it. Our room price included the buffet breakfast which was very good and recommended. The surrounding area is attractive and right near subway connection which is convenient however there was an element of homeless/loiterers that made the area feel slightly odd. But there were always lots of tourists so we felt safe enough. We had our worst meal eating at the Metropole restaurant but it was lovely to sit outside and watch the people go by. I recommend a drink and snack but not a full meal there. It is an easy walk to the Grand Place where we I highly recommend the free Sandeman walking tour at 11:00 am and 2:00 pm - incredibly informative. We took the tour toward the end of our stay but wished we had done it first thing. The Metropole is a historic hotel in a good location so I do recommend it. We found the best price including breakfast on venere.com.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Wonderful Old World Property"
We enjoyed the hotel thoroughly...spacious room, gorgeous lobby and the best buffet we have ever had for breakfast. The only problem...and this is disturbing...is that we found the previous guest's underwear in our closet when we went to unpack. We reported it to the Front Desk and they were appalled, and offered us complementary bathrobes during our stay. Not sure about that response...the housekeeping chief came to personally apologize as well, but the fact of someone else's soiled clothes in your room is still dramatic. Other than that, this place is a gem.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Elegance in Brussels"
The Metropole Hotel had the elegance of a by-gone era with all the modern amenities. Big rooms, free minibar in the room, quaint breakfast dining room, and a great location near the Grande Place made this hotel a good choice. Best of all, Hotels.com had a super price for the days we needed to stay.
2 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2014
"FUNtastic"
This hotel is beautiful, great staff, great restaurant. Etc.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
omar
"Perfect"
Great place, great restaurant. Breakfast is good the first day, after that is boring.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
omar
"Good if u looking for a luxury!"
We loved this hotel! Stuff was very friendly, room was clean n fix everyday, free high speed internet was extra nice and free buffet breakfast was very nice! Oh I shouldn't forget that the hotel was located right in the middle of the town n we got free parking in front of the hotel, how nice!! We walked every where also city tour bus stops in front of our hotel so we were able to hop on/ hop off , u can buy the tickets n flyer from hotel :) only issue we had which wasn't a big deal is we booked junior suite n they gave us regular room first than switch fast when we mention. Our room was quite BIG! Very unique decor, bathrooms was nicely designed as well but even if u stay at regular room theor room is nice! First room they took us wasn't bad at all.pretty impressed w this hotel
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
mccallas
"Hotel must have been a beauty in its day!"
Rooms are tired and in need of reno. No coffee maker in the room, and tall people will have a problem in the bathroom. My knees hit the wall when I was sitting on the toilet. (I'm only 5ft 5in) Staff was friendly and accommodating , parked our car out front of the hotel for free. great location though, everything is in walking distance from the hotel.
2 night family trip Jun 18, 2014
carol
"Beautiful Hotel"
The Metropole Hotel is close to the old town (about a 10 minute walk) It is easy to get to from Brussels Central (with a bit of local direction) The lobby is very inviting. I loved the old elevator that would take us to our room on the 4th floor. The room was very large and beautiful. The breakfast that was included was a beautiful buffet style breakfast in a lovely dining room. We would book this hotel again if we are ever in Brussels.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Tracey
Staff friendly and helpful. Advice for travelers . Watch out for pick pockets .
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Was unaware of coty tax charge wich was c€10 per day...worked out quite expensive. Also got a dress pressed, this cost €20 which I thought was over the top. On the plus side, bReakfast was excellent a great variety of food. Staff excellent and our room was super. The location of the hotel was super. Overall I was very pleased that we stayed there.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Great and affordable 5 star hotel in city center"
Great and affordable 5 star hotel in city center Great and affordable 5 star hotel in
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Mo
"Poor room"
I felt that because we had a pre paid room that was a bargain rate, that we got the worst room available at check in. No view, it had a separate room, like a suite with a conference table in it. We did not need the space. I would rather have had a better single room. We were in room 102. Terrible.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
The Metropole Hotel oozes character that harks back to a more romantic age, and while it is luxurious it is not pretentious. The staff are very friendly, welcoming and helpful. The location in the heart of the city is ideal for sightseeing. The food in the brasserie is fresh, well presented and reasonably priced and the breakfast was excellent. I got a lot of pleasure and exceptionally good value for my money and would definetly recommend this hotel to a friend.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Total Enjoyment"
Seldom do hotels exceed my expectations--- the Metropole did! I've been to Brussels several times over the years...mostly related to the EU and NATO visits. I've not found it very interesting. The Metropole made this experience a delight. It is right next to a major Metro and near the Grand Place and St Catherine's. Everything, including the Central Station are nearby. The hotel is charming with an old world elegance from the classic elevators to the brass fixtures. It is the ultimate in class and elegance. I shall return!
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Prof H
"Great center city location"
This was a wonderful old world hotel that had a convenient location allowing us to walk to the Grand Place and all the wonderful little shop, bars and restaurants in the area. The rooms were spacious and the hotel has kept it's original charm while adding modern day updates. The staff treated us like kings and queens.
2 night family trip Jun 13, 2014
"Step Back into Historic Grand Era"
I was lucky to discover is famous landmark where countess Princes, dukes, English Lords and 3 American Presidents stayed: Eisenhower, Hoover , Johnson. Its exquisite French Renaissance decor was done by famous architect, all intact, and amazing! Truly stepping into a time capsule to 1890. Just in front is subway station, and its at the Old Town fringe, so close. Unfortunately, as Brussels is somewhat grungy due to its high degree of free Welfare this hotel is sadly mixed in with the dilapidation common, and near to the Red Light district, actually not a big deal, just come out the front door and turn left to Old town!
2 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel"
Fully enjoyed the stay in this beautiful hotel with an exceptionally helpful staff.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Beautiful and classy hotel"
Very nice hotel with fast and friendly service. My room was very spacious and had came with free beverages (Belgian beer and bottled water) and monogrammed bath robes. Breakfast was included in the rate, and the quality of the buffet was excellent. Located near a metro stop, this hotel is ideal for people who want to stay in the heart of Brussels.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2014
"A wonderful hotel and great value"
Older, well-maintained hotel. The room was spacious, clean extremely comfortable. Bathtub is great for those that like to soak in a nice bubble bath. Room overlooked the street at the front entrance, and the window opened to a balcony where one could stand and get a nice view. If you like quiet though ask for room away from the front Street. If you have a lot of luggage or heavy luggage, I would definitely recommend a Bellman. There is an old-fashioned lift, which is pretty cool, but can be tricky if you have a lot of luggage. Even though you take the lift to your floor there may be additional stairs to get to your room. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Everything is extra charge"
Extra charge for USA adapter whereas everyone gives it for free. Extra charge to replace the free coke in your room to Diet Coke.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Ben
"Very nice hotel with grand history."
Очень хорошее месторасположения. Великолепные завтраки. Отель достаточно стар, но при этом поддерживается в отличном состоянии. Не очень удобный пульт для телевизора.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Vladi
Beautiful hotel with a large room and bathroom. This hotel is just blocks from the main square and shopping.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Amazing old hotel"
We were very impressed by the reasonable jr suites. Incredibly nice. Also very near to tourist activities. We wish we had an extra few days to spend there.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2014
EyeFi
"Old-World luxury"
This hotel was like the set of an old movie. When you walk into the lobby, you immediately feel the Old World charm and luxury. I felt like I was in a luxury hotel in 1900. The room was much larger than I expected (comparable to any hotel room in the US) after becoming accustomed to smaller European rooms. Great value for the money, too -- complimentary mini bar with water, beer and soda, as well as an excellent breakfast. Would definitely recommend!
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
DT
"Excellent location"
Very friendly and service oriented staff. We were given a room of our choice and the staff was very accommodating in storing our luggage and providing guidance on site seeing places.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
Janak
"Good 5star hotel"
Spent 2 days here Hotel has quite a bit of history It is however very old facilities updated but chandelier noted to need cleaning and floors creak. However despite this hotel is 5star experience with friendly staff large rooms and close to train station so transport easy. Recommend this hotel
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
Great time, pillows were a bit lumpy but but was great. I would recommend when someone needs to go to Midi Train Station you should tell them they need over one hour there, you told us quick ride and half hour ahead, we barely made our train to London. We did not know we had to go through customs again, no one told us and we told you we had never done train before. That was my only negative everything else was awesome!!!!
1 night trip with friends Jun 11, 2014
wenyas
"i loved this hotel! well worth the money!"
A beautiful Old Europe hotel within a short walk of the Grand Place and the Central Train Station. My room was so pretty (with a chandelier!) I got 43 likes on a photo of it on Facebook! Seriously, it is a hotel with European charm, a great sidewalk cafe, upscale service, a large a delicious breakfast buffet, several English and lots of other tv channels, a luxurious bathtub that was almost as long as I am tall, king size super comfy bed ...i could go on and on ... In short - stay here!
2 night trip Jun 8, 2014
amy
"beautiful hotel, but room was too hot"
beautiful hotel, great breakfast, very nice room. My only complaint was that my room had no view at all and it was too hot at night even with the fan on.
4 night romance trip Jun 5, 2014
AF
"Great arquitecture and god ammenieties"
Our room was confortable, was really nice to find free bottles of water complimentary. Would come back.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Graciela
I was traveling for 7 weeks in Europe I inadvertently booked the Metropole for one night on June 1. I intended to book for June 2 and fly back to he US on June 3 I did not realize my mistake until I arrived at the hotel a day late. My fault! I asked for a room and a good rate since now I had already paid for the previous night. It took forever to resolve and the desk was confrontive and exceedingly cool. It was almost 7pm and I finally agreed to pay for the best hotel going rate for that day. As compensation, I was offered a "very nice room and anything from the minibar at no cost". I have stayed at the Metropole numerous times since I usually fly in and out of Brussels on frequent trips to Europe. The room that she assigned me was the smallest I had ever had there. The wallpaper was in tatters on the wall (Rooom 2017). It was tired but so was I and I did not wish to change rooms for one night, especially since the front desk was so indifferent. I opened the "free" minibar and it was EMPTY. Joy!! The concierge at my request sent up two bottles each of water and beer, all at ROOM temperature. So bad room and a useless minibar and here I am paying for two nights (the first night at a great Sunday rate to be fair.) Heretofore I had received courteous service and nice rooms at the Metropole although nothing special. This time the front desk (including check-out) and the room were unpleasant and disappointing. Not what one expects, especially paying for two nights but using only one.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
the room is very comfortable but there was a smell of something mould.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"A stunningly beautiful hotel in a great location."
The staff was extremely helpful and the amenities in the hotel were wonderful. I wouldn't change a thing.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Rita
"We LOVE the Metropole"
This is our third time at this hotel. It's charm and old-world vibe keeps us coming back. The rooms are large, the staff is great, the breakfast is awesome. And, our experience is that the price is very fair. The location is great. Far enough away from the Grand Place not to be noisy, but close enough for an easy walk to restaurants, bars and places of interest.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
"Beautiful & a Grand Hotel"
We spent one Friday night at this beautiful hotel, and the hotel is truly grand. It has a gorgeous lobby, bell staff met us at the taxi, brought us to front desk to a smiling, welcoming front desk staff member who helped us promptly, & offered us their services. Our suite (for three adults) was very spacious & comfortable, modern & updated decor, and very clean. Bathroom was huge, large separate shower stall, & a separate huge soaker bathtub, & a double glass vessel vanity. Free minibar! Plus free full buffet breakfast which was amazing, with white glove service. This hotel was a gem. Great central location, Walking distance to many attractions. And, this hotel was relatively speaking, very reasonably priced! This hotel IS located in a busy area which could make the rooms noisy at times with street traffic noises, but it didn't disturb our sleep.
Other trip May 26, 2014
neldam
"Hot the entire time"
We stayed here 2 nights on our honeymoon. I was impressed by the beauty and charm of the lobby but once we got to our actualy room I was dissapointed. The AC barely worked and it had to be at least 80 degrees in our first room. When we complained we got moved to another room that maybe got to 75 degrees at the coolest. We spent these two nights barely wanting to be near each other because we were practically sweating, mind you it's only early May.
2 night romance trip May 20, 2014
The Metropole is a beautiful old hotel in a great location. The rooms are spacious and the breakfast buffet contained extensive choices. I would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip May 24, 2014
This was a great hotel, and a real value for the money. Excellent location in terms of metro/tram access and proximity of fine restaurants. Baroque public spaces were fascinating and elegant. As a physical scientist, I was pleased to see pictures of Curie, Einstein, and others who attended the first Solvay Conference, held in the hotel in 1911.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Amazing"
We were spending just one night in Brussels before flying home and were so lucky to have stayed here! The rates were pretty low, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The hotel did not feel run down at all - the lobby is spectacularly beautiful (lots of marble, old details, mirrors, etc.). The check in person was so nice, and our room included two free beers, two free Cokes, and two free waters in the mini fridge! Our two rooms with two single beds were on the 5th floor and very spacious and beautifully decorated. We were facing the rear, so there wasn't any street noise. All in all we felt we got our money's worth and then some. Would absolutely stay here again. (Only weird thing was some wet carpet outside one of the rooms, maybe a leak? Didn't bother us.)
1 night family trip May 12, 2014
Kristina
"Convenient to Grote Market."
It was fine, but the hotel needs some work to repair it to what it must have once been.
2 night trip May 3, 2014