All hotels in Miami, Florida, United States of America
3000 Florida Avenue, Miami, FL, 33133, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"broken"
Nothing worked in the hotel: phones, TV, radio, elevators.
4 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
alan
"Nice location, dated building, poor service."
Coconut Grove is a wonderful village with a lot going on. The Mayfair is located right in the middle of things. Unfortunately, the facility is tired and the concrete structure results in very poor cell service in the rooms.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
BK
"Lack of Service & Poorly maintained room"
After over a year of not staying at this hotel during my business trip in Miami area, thought I would give this hotel another chance. Le me put it this way, I will not be returning to this hotel for a 3rd chance. During my stay at Mayfair hotel, first they lost 1out of 4 packages, which were signed/delivered by FedEx. Second, during my stay, they didn't even change the towel (i put inside the bathtub), that make me think if they even clean the Bathroom at all. Last, BUGS (mosquito), I never imagine walking away from such a highly rated hotel with mosquito bites all over my arms, and I am not the only person complained to the Hotel. During my checkout another Hotel guest, said the same thing to the Hotel front desk, of bugs in their room.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Too Bad"
I was expecting an exceptional stay based on its prior history and location. that grosses me and my wife out. I informed the front desk that we would like to use the hot tub. I was told of a $30 set up fee, of which I was agreeable. The person sent, had absolutely no knowledge of how to operate the hot tub and readily admitted so. However prior to us using it and wasting about an hour filling and setting up we discovered the hot tub with I am not certain how many past users soap residue scum inside> We wiped it clean and the towel was BLACK with scum. In the morning our "Blackout" curtains had holes in them, allowing light in,distracting us. Our bathroom had mold in the shower/Tub and mysterious "stains" on the bathroom floor. Ceiling fans had dust a half an inch thick on the fan blades and the terrace/balcony was in need of a good thorough cleaning, with stained tiles and dirt clearly visible. I am not sure what the management was thinking when they let us enter the room, but it certainly was not our opinion or comfort. (after waiting until exactly 4pm, no early check in here! It spoke of gross negligence and absolute laziness. One did not get the feeling of being a valued guest. Any resort/hotel in the general that is rated in any manner would be happy to know they have no fear of any competition from the Mayfair. Service is slow and the staff seems to be engaged elsewhere. Next time we take a cruise for less than half the price and quadruple the value.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Barry
"Sounds of remodeling"
The hotel was remodeled and you can tell. It was still being remodeled while we were there and the sound of jack hammers and cranes woke us up every morning. The staff was not very nice and the hotels lay out is very confusing. The elevator is old and waiting about 10 minutes each time you rode it is unacceptable when there is only 5 floors to this hotel. The hot tub on our balcony was old and dingy.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Mona
"Dirty rooms"
Bathtub had horrible mold. Floors were dirty. Staff was rude at check-in.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
kato
"Expensive, but nice."
We stayed here for a night before attending the Miami Boat Show. It was quite pricy for one night, but the room was very nice. Upon checkin we received a complimentary upgrade to a suite which was a gorgeous room! the hotel was right in the middle of everything with plenty to see and do right outside the front door.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"A little disappointed"
The water in the hot tub was not hot but was warm towards the cold side. We were not able to use it. The reason why I chose this hotel was because of the hot tub so it was very disappointing that we were unable to use it. My husband and I were celebrating Valentines Day and our wedding anniversary. There was to much noise going on in the hotel. Not sure if it came from the room above our room or from the patio outside but I could not sleep until about 5 am. This killed my day. When I told the front desk clerk of the above two problems, he apologized very nicely and reversed the charge for the tub but did not otherwise provide me with an additional credit. This was also disappointing bc I paid almost $700 for one night that I could not enjoy the hot tub nor sleep. I think a credit was in order.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Lisette
"Dated Gem"
Room was quite decadent for this price, although a bit aged. The balcony soaking tub was an unexpected highlight until we noticed the instructions requiring 90 minutes advanced notice for use, requirement for staff to fill it and an additional fee, so settled for the bathtub. Otherwise, quite nice.
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
"very nice"
amazing, we loved the pool and spa , and the people and staff are kind
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
I actually thought i was going to a different hotel so the first disappointment was on me. We checked in and were sent to a room that had not been cleaned and was disgusting. They quickly came and moved us to a different room but it was hard to unsee the gross room. I am not a princess a clean Hampton Inn will do fine for me I don't always need to stay in a Five Star Hotel. It just seemed dated and dirty.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"A Mad Men Relic"
I stayed for just one night on a business trip. The hotel is really run down, dark, dirty, the decor barely changed from when when it was built in the - 1960s? I'd be surprised if it's still standing in another year or two. To be fair, in its day I'm sure it was hip. I could picture Don Draper enjoying an old fashioned at the rooftop bar. The service was decent and the hotel restaurant served a decent breakfast.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
nice hotel.
3 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
Masatoshi
"Great location, disappointing hotel"
Check in was a nightmare. And clearly the staff needs training in guest relations. They were unfriendly, unhelpful and bored. Room wasn't ready when promised. Room smelled of mold. Mold was visible in bathroom. Tiled floor may be easy to clean, but it was cold and slippery. Not inviting at all. Clearly this hotel thinks of itself as being a deluxe accommodation, but it doesn't live up to that at all. I really enjoyed Coconut Grove but would definitely find another hotel. Very disappointing.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
MJD
"Mayfair Hotel needs some serious TLC"
The Mayfair has seen much better days. The hotel itself is in great disrepair and clearly is not receiving much investment in terms of keeping it up. The room cleanliness was quite substandard, the bedding was old and not good quality, and the general state of the hotel was "tired". The wifi service was VERY slow and intermittent. This used to be a wonderful hotel, but needs some serious TLC. You can't beat the neighborhood.
4 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
One working elevator and it probably hadn't been updated since 1982. Waited 30 minutes for valet to bring the car because they had 2 people working on a day that the hotel was booked with guests and a conference. It was just a mess.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Hotel has seen better days"
This hotel has seen better days - it must have been luxurious 30 years ago and is in dire need of updating. There were fixtures missing in the room and the bathroom. The pool is small, with only a couple dozen chairs available. The noise level can be quite high if the atrium areas are used late at night. The area around it is cute, but small and can be covered in a couple of hours. We will not be back.
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Good location. Needs updating. Friendly staff."
Overall the stay at the Mayfair was fine. I didn't spend much time in the hotel. The hotel staff was really friendly and responsive to my needs as a guest. The only real downside was the elevator was broken.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
mel
"Very romantic, wonderful even"
It's a really beautiful place.. Lots of space in the rooms, very attractive, really romantic.. However.. There are no vending machines.. If you want water or snacks in the room, you'll hace to pay $6 for a bottle of water and $8 for a pack of gummy Bears.. Ridiculous. Just bring your own food and water and this place is perfect... ALSO BEWARE THE SPA.. THEY SNEAK IN A 20% GRATUITY AT THE END OF YOUR BILL.. I was forced to tip $62 dollars because of this, when I only wanted to give $30
1 night romance trip Jan 19, 2015
Christopher
"OK"
Room is dark but large. Elevators are slow. Inner courtyard is very nice, general condition is ok but not spotless.
3 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
mario
"Stolen Credit Card"
Got my credit card stolen by someone in the front desk. The floors felt unclean. The restaurant was good.
3 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
Enrique
"Location is key!!!"
The location was amazing. Only complaints were, no patio furniture, no water pressure and super slow elevators..
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
My husband and I have stayed at this hotel several times for stay cations. It has the potential to be great, but... it needs some TLC. For example, this last time we stayed, the balcony in the suite we stayed had no furniture. In the past it had a couple of lounge chairs that go perfectly with the hot tub. The restaurant Spartico is excellent!! The staff is very caring and professional. The hotel itself is spectacular looking. But some renovations are way over due. It is showing its age.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
katipu
"Terrible"
This is the 5th attempt on the review. Please don't reject this one. Hotel was terrible, 2 elevators service hotel one was broken. Food from restaurant gave us diarrhea all night. Checked out early. Would never go back. Hotel noisy and looks run down...... That's the truth and what's the betting you don't publish this one either
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
jo
"Happy new year with family"
We spend four nights at the hotel over New Years Eve. We had three rooms : we (the grandparents), our two daughters, one of them with husband and baby. We enjoyed the swimmingpool and liked the atmosphere and the nouveau art style.
3 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"Ok hotel / rooms feel old dirty"
Having stayed there 3 or 4 times due to its close proximity to location where I often go for business, that's a plus. The rooms could be cleaner - floors appear clean, but don't take your socks off. Bathroom tub - the grout all looks like there is mold. This has been the experience in all my stays. The internet did not function this last trip. Wait staff in the restaurant have always provided good service. Food is expensive, but it is in the hotel. Rooms are large. Take the single elevator facing the courtyard - you have to go up some steps, but it is the quickest and doesn't sound like its falling apart. Overall, for the money, there are better options in the area. I stay because of the convenience of being able to walk to my client's offices.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
shawn
"Not like it says."
The hotel is nice but the rooms are not proof sound. You will hear almost everything happening in the whole floor and it feels like no privacy at all. The housekeeping are very bad. They did not change the bed sheets and the bathrobes. We called them many times but still nothing has been done at all. Over all I will never visit that hotel again.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Zeus
"This hotel is old."
This place is old and not in the best neighborhood. Bathroom had mold in the shower. Staff was very nice.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Busted Bubble"
Room service was delayed or absent. The bathroom had a leak. Mini bar was not cold. And the pool only allows you to have room service there, not out side food. I have always wanted to stay there so I did but it was a big mistake.
6 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Alex
"The People of reception are terrible."
Nrver back there a ganar. ..nevera with expedia.. They not have extra bes I booked ocean view never give us... terrible experiencie
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Isidoro
"Nice place to relax and enjoy"
Nice location if you do not want to be on the beach but enjoy nature. many restaurant and shops just across the street. Beautiful and save to walk around. Rooms were clean and the staff very nice.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
roberto
"Nice hotel. Location was great!"
Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and valet had your car ready immediately.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Tammy
"Decorative but dirty"
Nice decorations and ambience but we found dead insects and dusty floors in the room
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Great location but a bit disappointing"
This is the second year we have stayed here over the Christmas holidays and we were a bit disappointed. The level of cleanliness was not up to standard in the hallways and room floors. The location is great next to Coco Walk with restaurants and shops which is great. Coconut Grove has lovely small bars and shops and good for walking around and relaxing. Near the Dixie Highway, easy access to Downtown and the Beaches. The hotel in general is disappointing and could be so much better with more care and attention.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Extremely noisy!"
Wanted a special hotel for Christmas and this so called VIP hotel seemed to fit the bill..........how wrong I was! Never stayed in a hotel as noisy as this in my 30+ years of international traveling and that includes places like Dhaka, Bangladesh. My room (559) was around the corner from the elevator which kept us awake all night thanks to a 2" gap at the bottom of the door. The elevator was the slowest I've ever experienced and cost us at least 30 mins a day waiting for it. The only positives was the food in Serpico restaurant and the location which was excellent. I wouldn't stay here again for the price they charge.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"lovely"
great historical feeling
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
"Beautiful place in best neighborhood"
Nice room, not bad at all. Older hotel but still nice.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
carlos
"Never again"
Hotel at first glance seems nice. But in the morning you see how dirty the floors are, the mold in the bathroom, and the dirty glasses that were not replaced. House keeping did not exist, and the staff was indifferent other than the check in man the first night.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
NKS
"Mayfair is not all THAT!"
We booked in for a birthday weekend expecting a luxury hotel. We especially booked because of the roof top pool overlooking the bay, the Japanese soaking tub and the spa. When we checked in we were immediately upgraded which was nice since we are Expedia GOLD members. The rooms however are dated, fixtures around the run and sinks are loose and poorly grouted, the Japanese hot tub was filthy dirty and worst of all the Mayfair booked the roof top pool for a Satursay night wedding which meant that we were hooped for enjoying the one thing we really wanted to enjoy. On Sunday we ordered breakfast to enjoy on our patio and the food arrived stone cold ...... Not once but twice. We finally just gave up. This hotel is not what it says, it is basically a rip off so be warned.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Allan
all was good in general. Better hospitality training to employees - they all seem new with no training about the hotel facilities or amenities. Building is old, needs more loving care, scratches, paint, broken tiles, elevator, balconies,etc. Clean rooms. Great location. Valet parking too pricey for my pocket: I parked across the street for 1/3 of the rate. Felt safe in the neighborhood.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
DMB
"Comfortable hotel with character"
We enjoyed this hotel and would stay again. It had a kind of Mexican/Mayan architecture that was interesting. Rooms were large and the beds were unbelievable comfortable. It seemed there was a lot of deferred maintenance giving the hotel a tired appearance, but not enough to deter us from staying again. The surrounding neighborhood has great shops, restaurants, and a rather hip atmosphere. Little Havana is a short cab ride away. If you are looking for night life and noise, this would not be your hotel. It is a considerable distance by cab to get to Miami or Miami Beach but we knew this and wanted a quieter area.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
Molly
"Nice people, clean room, nice location"
The hotel is clean and confortable, the breakfast was excellent and the service was professional
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"no late check out"
unfortunately, late check out was not accepted. otherwise staffs are kind and good location so it is ok
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
me
"Charming hotel, bad internet"
I think this hotel has a tremendous potential. I go to Coconut Grove very often for business and would love to make it my headquaters. Unfortunately, the wifi service is very bad. I wrote the manager hoping to receive a note back and a plan to fix the problem, but I never got a response.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Alex
"Good Value Proposition - Great Location"
The hotel is older but very well kept. Great service - rooms are very large and comfortable. Location cannot be beat
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Martin
Beautiful hotel. Very clean and staff very helpful.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Cathy
"Over-priced hotel with lots of street noise"
Just "okay." Had to pay $30 per night for parking which was valet only. Had to wait too long for them to bring me my car. Not a good option for business travelers.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Bed wi-fi No chairs on the balcony The balcony was dirty
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"Mayfair Coconut Grove"
I hesitate to write this report. We found the room to be nice and clean, staff was friendly and helpful. TV reception was terrible as was the internet WiFi which was very slow and frustrating. Our biggest complaint was how unclean the rest of the hotel looked. Looked like the entire building needed to be power washed. Overall, we were disappointed in our visit and in the future we will not take the option of allowing Expedia to choose a unknown deal for us.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Love the Mayfair 5 stars"
This is our second stay at the Mayfair. We stayed 4 days in August & a week during Thsnksgiving. We rented a large suite which was lovely. The hotel is across from Coco Walk with shops & a movie theater. Coconut Grove is incredibly beautiful & great for walking. I highly recommend the Mayfair.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014