All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here171 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL, 60601, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Pleasant and comfortable. Staff always eager to help.
"New Year holidays stay"
Stayed with my husband for 6 nights during New Year holidays. I liked the hotel. Pros are: location, hotel and room design, gym and 5 o'clock free alcohol drinks in the lobby. Cons: the room was a little too small although very cozy, on the first of Jan one could wait for an elevator for like 10 minutes - way too busy when the hotel is fully booked. In general the stay was very nice. The location of the hotel is just great - very convenient, close to everything in the Loop. Their vallet parking is overpriced and makes no sense to use, there are at least 3 self-parking facilities around with a price 30% less.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Ekaterina
Nice hotel, good location, friendly staff. Like the raid the mini bar feature
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
"Short business stay"
Met expectations. I would stay there again.
2 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
Don
"Good for near the opera house"
We went to Chicago for a night to go to the opera and the Allegro was very convenient for that. Very nice....hip place. I just wish our room hadn't been right next to the EL train....I mean right over it!!
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Good time at Allegro"
Overall, it was fine. The elevators are very slow and inadequate for the building. We spent a lot of time waiting on them. In addition, the room was too small and a bit too warm.
"Hotel was very nice"
Hotel was very clean and employees were very nice.I would recommend this hotel
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"downtown stay"
It was a good room we had a great time downtown
"mrs"
nice, clean, quiet. Me, my husband and our dog enjoyed the stay. We will be back
Roma
"Great little getaway"
Great atmosphere
Rolanda
"Loved it, will be back!"
I loved the architecture and style of this gorgeous hotel! It had a very relaxing, yet chic, vibe (especially during their daily complimentary wine tasting). Sure, the sophisticated amosphere really did blow me away, but my positive rating isn't based solely on looks. The staff was very accommodating, friendly, and full of restaurant recommendations. Everything I noticed seemed clean and I'm working order. In general the hotel is in a great location. It's by several CTA train stops and cabs are plentiful given it's in theatre district. My only complaints are that the walls were a bit too thin (we had noisy neighbors, if you know what I mean) and that the queen size bedroom was a bit small, but for it's relatively low price I would say that what the rest of the hotel had to offer made it worth it.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Jean Luc is hot
2 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Best time ever"
One of the best hotels in Chicago. The people were wonderful and very helpful
"Nice place to stay"
Nice place to stay. Good location. Clean, organized and provided good service.
2 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
Adam
"iHeartColdPizza"
The hotel staff was fantastic. Probably some of the nicest I've ever come across. The hotel had a "hangover station" and offered free cold pizza and coffee in the morning in celebration of New Years Eve. The hotel lobby was also very nice and cozy. The room was a bit small, but it had a nice T.V. and comfortable bed. The biggest downside came mostly from the fact that it was New Years Eve. There was a party down the hall with a very large number of people that eventually was broken up. Also, the couple staying in the room next to ours was really, REALLY enjoying their stay. Though, I think the female must have stubbed her toes quite a few times because there was a lot of thumping and screaming.
"ok"
Security couldn't take care of a noisy person for 2 and half hours at 3 am in the morning.
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
nathan
"Nice hotel they let you bring dogs!"
Had a really good time the hotel staff were really nice people and they have a lot of complimentary items if you forget them at home such as a flat iron! No charge to you. Loved my stay will definitely go back
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
chelle
The morning cold pizza was a great idea for New Year Day.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
I love it
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Jordan
"Weekend getaway for family of 3"
We traveled with a 4 year old and this hotel was perfect. Hot chocolate bar at 2 pm and space for all 3 of us in the room. Excellent customer service, beautiful lobby. We love Kimpton hotels.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Kathleen
"Classy hotel in the heart of downtown Chicago."
My 2 daughters and I enjoyed our stay at Hotel Allegro for the following reasons: All staff that we had contact with were very professional. The location was ideal for our plans of shopping and sightseeing. The beds were very comfortable. The lobby area had a wonderful smell like a floral shop as you came off the elevator.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Cheryl
"Very conveniently located for quick business trip"
I stay here often when in Chicago. As always, a good experience.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"Great Place to Stay"
We love staying here. So close to parking. So close to the theatre. So close to shopping. The staff is always prompt and polite. Great place to stay.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"Retreat on Randolph"
Stayed at the Allegro this past long weekend. Took a couple of tries to get the room layout we liked but the front desk staff was very patient and accommodating. We were on the 14th floor overlooking Randolph and were never bothered by train noise or any other noise for that matter. The room was very clean and functional. Totally served our needs for an empty-nesters getaway. We would definitely stay here again
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Centrally located in the Chicago Loop"
Great location. Nice Staff that are very responsive. No room service as they do not have restaurant facilities. You have to ask for a coffee server for the room. However, it is complimentary and they brought me a Kurig with all the add-ons. Hotel is old, but has been modernized into a boutique hotel.
3 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Alice
"Great affordable room downtown"
Met a friend here to attend a Christmas party without having to drive home. The room was spotless, good use of a smaller space, exceptionally quiet for being in the heart of Chicago. Got a great price for a Saturday night. Would certainly come again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2014
Catherine
"Christmas in Chicago"
I appreciated the complimentary wine bar but would have been much happier with free internet. And the parking charges took the joy out of the deal I got on the room. On the positive side, the staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. And the location was awesome!
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Wonderful, warm hotel--great staff--great location"
We stay at the Kimpton Hotels in Chicago a few times a year--love the holiday atmosphere and the 312 Restaurant!
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Leanne
"Nice but small"
It was nice. Room a little small
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Hotel Allegro is my fave"
Like all Kimpton properties, this one is top shelf. Great location, beautiful room, friendly staff and a reasonable price.
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
chuck
"Very pleasant"
I'm seriously picky about cleanliness of bathtub. Soap film on bottom is the reason I docked it a point. Nothing gross or yucky in the room.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Cozy, trendy. Great hospitality!
"Average Hotel Goer"
Very straight forward, regular hotel stay. Decor was interesting, didn't match the old "historic" feel I was wanting to see. But resonably priced and bice location.
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
"Great for a weekend get away"
Great location and price for a quick get away to Chicago. The room is a bit small, as is the bathroom, but we didn't spend much time there anyway. Comfortable bed
"Stay here!"
This hotel is in a perfect location. Friendly staff and clean rooms. Would stay here again.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
"Fun in the Windy City"
This hotel is within walking distance from the train station, Macy's on State, the Christkindlmarket, and Michigan Avenue. The service was prompt and we enjoyed the festive wine social hour, and the rooms were clean but small. Great place and would stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2014
Cindy
"Classic Hotel in the Theatre District"
Very cool hotel in the theatre district of Chicago. The rooms are slightly smaller than usual, however given the hotel being older this is to be excepted. The lobby and common areas of the hotel are decorated with a modern yet classic look. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a deal in Chicago.
Matthew
A centrally located reasonably priced hotel. good value overall. Service at the restaurant was poor- took 12 minutes to be seated for breakfast ( with 4 parties waiting) while the hostess what chatting with some waiters in the background. Not the fault of the hotel though. One bad apple.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Very pleasant stay."
I would definitely book again here when coming to Chicago. Great service, great beds, daily complimentary coffee and wine, fast WiFi, fast elevators, comfortable lobby, incredible location, good TV menu, hot water, room and aisles not cold at all even though outside was 20's and not as expensive as others in the same area.
7 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
RODOLFO
No, I will not. No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will no
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Need warmness"
It is a good hotel but I wanted to have a coffee machine in the room. Although there is a cafe next to the hotel and the lobby has welcome drinks in the evening, I would still want a in-room coffee or tea service. I did not also feel that receptionists are warm welcoming guests.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Fay
"Great location and hotel"
This is a very nice hotel with a nice price and good location close to theaters, restaurants and shopping. The lovely lobby is a perfect place to enjoy the complimentary coffee or tea in the morning.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
debbie
"Lovely experience in the heart of the Loop"
Our visit to the Hotel Allegro was just one overnight. We had tickets to a play at the theater was right next door so the location of the hotel was very convnient. The room was small, so there was a sense of claustrophobia at times. But the public spaces on the main level were accessible and that allowed us to go down to that level and we were able to comfortably read our story book in front of a cozie fireplace. In a way, this gave me a sense of being at leisurely bed and breakfast rather than a fancy downtown hotel, which one might think would be cold and snooty. The lobby was beautifully decorated for the holidays. Each staff member we encountered was very polite and professional while still giving us very personal attention. Being located in the Loop, I thought we might experience traffic sounds throughout the stay, but that was not the case. You wouldn't even know that one of the busiest streets in the city was just floors below. The Hotel Allegro is a pricey hotel, as I said the room was small ... but for cleanliness, location, personal service and attention, and overall experience it was worth it.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Great Place! (Not allowed to say otherwise;)"
First, this is in the Loop and the theater district, so if you don't care for that you are just odd :) Seriously, since the Burnham has become so expensive, I've enjoyed calling the Allegro my Chicago home. Kimpton knows hospitality. However, if it were poorly run or had serious safety risks, you'd never know because hotels dot you know rejects reviews like that without ever wanting to discuss it with you. So the Capt.Obvious campaign is a fantasy.
5 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
"Chicago visit over Thanksgiving week"
Great location, quiet room on south side of hotel, very comfortable. Room could use a comfortable lounge chair so sitting on the bed is not only place to read etc. could use a robe hook on bathroom door and music in common areas could be toned down a bit. All in all we would stay here again for sure!
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Linda L
"Such a disappointment"
We hadn't stayed at the Allegro for a while, so we were excited to return. First, the good parts: big television, stocked mini bar, location close to the opera and theaters, & accommodation for one person. Upsetting: only one chair in the room, tiny bathroom with little counter space, no coffee maker, room renovation turned from quirky cool to sterile silver and white resulting in diminished charm, and no room service despite the great 312 Restaurant on site. We would think twice about staying here again.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"Great location, Staff and Amenities. Nice job!"
Great Spot, Amenities and Staff. Business Trip to Chicago and this location was recommended. Great choice!
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Hotel Allegro Works!"
Hotel was very good. Everything you need - Starbucks attached to the lobby so you can get your morning drink without going outside; nice lounging lobby; room was nicely decorated - Kimpton look however bathroom was tiny.
MJ
"Excellent Hotel"
Great hotel in a fantastic location. It's an easy walk to theatres and shopping. Millenium Park is just six blocks away. You also have the train station right across the street. It's right next door to a wonderful restaurant, 312! I'm definitely staying there again.
Cindy
"Nice location and staff"
Unfortunate not to have a nice bar or restaurant available, 312 restaurant was closed for private party and had strange hours when open. Great location for downtown. Nice to have Starbucks connected. Nice to have comp coffee - tea bar in the morning & 5pm wine hour.