All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
171 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL, 60601, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Doesn't seem like a four star"
The hotel was fine. Surprised at no room service. No coffee in room. Large room with tiny bathroom. Very dark colors in room. Very nice gym, but the house keeping staff was trying to vacuum around me while I was lifting weights. Front desk people very pleasant.
Other trip May 21, 2015
Jules
"Nice hotel with good location"
Good location near Mag Mile and Millennium Park. A lot of road construction while we were there, but otherwise is fine.
3 night business trip May 16, 2015
Ken
Weekend get away with my best friend to see the Jersey boys. But unfortunately our night was not as pleasant as we thought it was going to be in the room. Not happy very disappointed with the hotel front desk staff. :(
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
Aida
"A good stop in Chicago"
Great place for a stay in Chicago, walking distance to lots and a short cab ride for the rest. Rooms are smallish, but it's a city location. Great staff and quiet place.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"First Chicago visit"
Overall hotel was fine but room was small and bathroom small with an awkward layout.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Deb
"Great time in Chicago"
Had a great stay. Clean comfortable room. So convenient to shopping, restaurants, and theatre. Staff very friendly.
2 night family trip May 9, 2015
Taraynn
"Stay here but be sure to ask for what you want"
I've stayed at the Allegro a number of times and will go back, but my last stay wasn't as easy or pleasant as before. The location is great and the hotel is nice. I should have asked more questions at the front desk, but there was little info about the fitness center available, and it wasn't offered without a lot of questions. What I found most frustrating was that there always seems to be a long line at the check-in/out desk, which is frustrating when you're trying to just drop your key and go.
1 night trip May 9, 2015
Great Location, walkable from Union Station and yet only blocks from the night life. The staff was friendly. The walls are a little thin, heard a lot of hall activity but all in all worth the price we paid!
"business trip"
Great hotel, it was under construction remodel. but that is what I like about this hotel chain, they always make improvements to their hotels. Staff was very professional and polite.
kent
This hotel was great! All the staff was friendly and so helpful!! The room was very tiny but it was very nice. The toilet did flood and it may have been due to all the construction since when we called the staff to fix it, it sounded like it was something that had been happening quite a bit. They did fix it right away so it wasnt a bad experience. Over all I really liked this hotel.
Jacky
"Great Location!"
Loved the location and style of the hotel.
1 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
"The price was definitely right!"
Excellent central location, friendly staff, comfortable, newly renovated rooms. Hurry, before the renovations are complete and price goes up.
2 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
"Chicago birthday weekend"
great stay at the Allegro in the theatre district. Only wish we had more time there to do more
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Good time....loud baby :)"
Great time...however, very thin walls. Crying baby next door....felt like the kid was laying next to me.
2 night trip May 1, 2015
"Business Trip"
Hotel staff, cleanliness, accommodations and location was a plus all around. Great experience, would return for another stay.
5 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
"Close to lots of theaters"
Great hotel if you're looking for a place in the theatre district! The riverfront and lakefront are a fairly short walk. My king room was a tad on the small side, but I was traveling alone so it wasn't a big deal.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Meghan
"Shoe box."
I was extremely disappointed with my stay at Hotel Allegro. All the reviews I read were completed wrong. The best part about my stay was the fact that there was a Starbucks in the lobby. Otherwise, everything sucked. The room was the size of a shoe box. The closet and bathroom were even smaller. There was no place to get ready in the bathroom because there was absolutely not space to stand between the toilet bowl, tub and sink counter. Our drain was clogged in our bathtub and the tv didn't work properly. Not to mention, the electrician who came to fix our television said, "Oh they must have just thrown this room together because it wasn't even a room as of recently." The hotel staff did nothing to make our stay more enjoyable. I complained twice and they could only offer me a room upgrade with the same size bathroom for $60 more dollars a night. There was also a very funky smell. The hotel tried to squeeze way too many rooms on one floor and the result was an extremely uncomfortable closet to live in for the weekend. We were thoroughly disappointed and we will never go back.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Allegro was at least Affordable on a Busy Weekend"
We had "last minute" reason to be downtown for three days and wanted an affordable property fast. Allegro fit that bill better than others. This is not to say that the Allegro is not a fine property in its own right. However, they are doing construction right now and that made logistics of arrival and departure a bit inconvenient. Our biggest complaint was the room size. It was almost European style in tininess. We have used Allegro before and remember that room being MUCH bigger and nicer. So, maybe this was just bad luck. The room still served its purpose for us, a base to sleep, shower, and prepare for our next activity. It was certainly not luxurious and the size of the room was disappointing but it got the job done. We would go again but, on most weekends, there are better options.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Centralized, Hip hotel with excellent Hospitality!"
I thought there needed to be a nightstand with a lamp on the bathroom side of the bed.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2015
Marshall
"Nice hotel in the Loop."
Room was small but fit our needs. Bed was extremely comfortable! Renovations were going on but did not interfere with our stay. The desk clerk recommended a fabulous place for late night dessert (RM Champagne Salon.) I would stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
"Excellent Hotel"
The hotel is extremely clean. The rooms are a little small. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. Close to shopping, for sightseeing and is located in Chicago's theater district. Excellent hotel.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"good luck getting dressed!"
Not only was there no closet in the room, there was not even a hanger or a hook. I don't mind a very small room but even a hook would have made it an acceptable stay.
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
Ami
"Comfortable but small."
We were in Chicago for a family birthday party. The room was fine accept that it was very small and had only one chair. That made it very difficult for family and friends to sit down. So we spent a lot of time in the lobby. The wine at 5 was nice, but I do wish that coffee had been available all day. None was in the room.
3 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
"Very small rooms, don't get one near elevator."
We had a room 622 that was essentially in the elevator lobby. (Apparently all of the floors have this issue- ) they moved us the next night but didn't have any more rooms to move us to the first night. We got 808 and was very quite. Hotel getting a check-in reception area remodel so this review is not based on the temporary check in area. Art Deco in rooms very nice although the rooms are small. I had to shimmy around my husband to get to the bathroom. King sized bed plus a small table. Bath room - if sitting on toilet can start water in the shower and in the sink from same sitting position. Very clean. Location excellent and walked everywhere. Lunch places close by only open M-F. When booked through Expedia you can't get Kimpton reward "Karma" points and you get labeled "pre-pay" so it's possible that's why we got the rooms we did. Price was right and bed was exceptionally comfortable. Would stay there again but bring earplugs just in case.
triplelattetx
"nice stay"
great location excellent location close to trains and near tons of restaurants
"Small room"
Room and bathroom were very small. Not large enough for more than one person. Double bed instead of King bed. Decor recently updated but is very unattractive. Parking is valet only for $59 per night. Staff was great. Location of hotel is very good. Only stayed for one night which was long enough because of room size
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"A great spot in Chicago"
I was traveling for work and most of the other hotels in the city were sold out. This ended up working out to my advantage. Allegro is in a great spot near some solid bars and just down the street from the lake shore. I'd stay there again for business or pleasure.
4 night business trip Apr 12, 2015
"Clean hotel close to shopping and metro stops"
The staff was extremely friendly and quick with any requests. The coffee and wine service provided by the hotel makes your visit even more pleasant.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Carrie
"Made Business a Pleasure"
For a recent trip to Chicago for a conference, due to room unavailability for my first night at the conference hotel, I had to book a one night stay. I chose the Kimpton Allegro because it was a short morning cab ride away from the other hotel, and from remembering a fabulous experience I had staying at a San Francisco Kimpton Hotel last year. On this trip, I arrived at the Allegro hotel later than I had planned because of a problem with being picked up from the Midway Airport. I was able to quickly check in at front desk. The Desk clerk was very friendly and helpful, and he held my bags for me so I could go right to the hotel restaurant which was closing in 5 minutes at 10pm! The Restaurant employees were gracious and very accommodating of my late arrival, and the meal I had was delicious. I found my room to be very clean, my king-size bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows, and the décor was interesting and quirky (but I like that). One thing to note was that my room was on the smaller side, but was what I would expect of an older historic type hotel- and I did hear the muted sound of trains passing by periodically, but it did not keep me from having a restful sleep. I LOVED having a Starbucks accessible through a door right off the hotel's main lobby for me to quickly and conveniently get my usual coffee and breakfast before heading out to my conference. I would stay here again.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
Mary D
Staff was very pleasant and helpful with accurate directions to the areas I was interested in going.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Excellent Downtown Location"
This place will be super after the ongoing renovation is complete. For now, it's solid, but the rooms are small and a bit dark. I could have used more elbow room to work, and in the bathroom. The location is outstanding- walking distance to all main business centers, tourist attractions and theaters. Great restaurants and bars all around.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Benton
"Frankie Valli!!"
Got to Allergo in the afternoon, just in time for the wine social-the staff was very friendly and accommodating! We met some new friends there and then went to 312, the restaurant next to the hotel-it was also great. Topped the night with seeing Frankie Valli at the Chicago Theatre!! Oh what a night!!
1 night trip Apr 11, 2015
Nanette
"nice hotel"
Hotel is every nice. It was under construction during my stay. It did not affect my room or comfort.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
bobbie
"Hotel Allegro"
Although the hotel was nice, it was too off the beaten path for us. Also, the walls were paper thin and we heard everyone's tv by us. Also had very rude disruptive guests by us. The hotel did come up and help with loud tvs, but unfortunately our rude guests on our floor continued to disrupt our sleep the entire night.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Beautiful hotel. Renovations are great. Stayed there back to back months. Only drawback is room size. Fantastic and friendly service!
1 night trip Mar 28, 2015
Kahleen
"Good location and animal prints"
The hotel is very close to the all the lines of the L which makes it convenient to get everywhere you need to. Nice comfortable rooms and animal print robes.
4 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
"Cadillac Theater enthusiast."
Stay was great and really close to the Cadillac theater. Made the night extra special.
Adam
"awesome!"
The rooms were really nice and the staff was extremely friendly. everything made us feel like we paid much more than we did to stay there.
"Love Hotel Allegro!"
My husband was really skeptical when he saw that the hotel was under renovation, but we were really impressed! The construction didn't affect our stay at all. The hotel offered phenomenal service... they printed some tickets for us that we had forgotten to print (and took way longer than I had hoped). They got gave us free wine (always a good thing!) and got us in to their busy restaurant in a hurry so we made it to our show on time. I would definitely stay there again! I love the pet policy with no fees. We weren't travelling with our pooch this time, but will definitely be doing it in the future. I live in the western suburbs, and stayed at Hotel Allegro as a mini-vacation. Oh, and the location is perfect! Central to everything!
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
Kelsey
"Weekend Getaway"
My husband and I came to attend a concert at City Winery and Hotel Allegro was right down the street, so we booked it for convenience. We were more than pleased with our stay! Everyone that worked at the hotel was so nice and the complimentary wine hour was a nice perk! We will definitely stay at Hotel Allegro when visiting Chicago in the future!
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Lauren
"The perfect hotel"
The staff was above and beyond accommodating and friendly! The room was gorgeous and it was smack in the middle of everything. I would definitely stay there again!!
"renovation?"
We didn't know that the hotel was undergoing renovation so things were a little disorganized. We were put in an elevator shaft room initially, and the inroom fridge was unplugged,but the kind support staff put us in a nicer room once we asked - even though it was close to 1 am.
"Great Option"
Only stayed for two nights so this was a great option. The room was spacious and clean. I like the amenities offered. My only gripe was waking up to construction noise on a Saturday, but read the reviews ahead of time about this possibility and there was a nice note from the hotel manager about it in the room upon entering.
Skidy96
"Under construction. Nice place, strange decor"
Hotel is currently undergoing a remodel. It's fully functional and there was no problems with noise, dust, etc. The staff is great! Very prompt and helpful. We were on the 14th floor and the area has been updated. The room was nice an big but we would have liked to have some drawers for unpacking. There were two very small drawers in the entertainment center. It also contained a room safe and a snack bar (we think. we never had the key to open it). The bathroom is very small and there really is no 'flat space' to use for cosmetics, shaving gear, etc. The new decor, while very new and clean, is not our style. It's rather dark and, to me, had a 1960's vibe. The location is great for the theater district, right next to the Cadalac Theater. There are a few nearby restaurants but most of the landmark places are a mile or so away. I'm sure you'll be happy if you stay here.
Doc
"LOVE their hotels"
I love this hotel chain for just about every reason...from the rooms, to the people, to the networking and wine events, they are pet friend and very social and ecologically conscious and very Philanthropic.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Biz Traveller
"Chicago Hotel"
I can't wait to go back!! I went to get away and relax and this hotel did not disappoint. One of my favorite things was that every room had a yoga mat. There was also a yoga channel. In the morning I enjoyed organic tea in the lobby. This hotel was right up my alley!
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
very good location but currently work in progress that prevent breakfast for instance.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Michel
"Charming hotel - great location"
Comfortable, quiet and clean. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Wine time in the lobby was a fantastic touch.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Bed reasonably comfortable great location for what we wanted to do.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Janet
Nice place. Funky as expected. Extremely small but efficient bathroom.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015