All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here171 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL, 60601, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

The morning cold pizza was a great idea for New Year Day.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
I love it
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Jordan
"Weekend getaway for family of 3"
We traveled with a 4 year old and this hotel was perfect. Hot chocolate bar at 2 pm and space for all 3 of us in the room. Excellent customer service, beautiful lobby. We love Kimpton hotels.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Kathleen
"Classy hotel in the heart of downtown Chicago."
My 2 daughters and I enjoyed our stay at Hotel Allegro for the following reasons: All staff that we had contact with were very professional. The location was ideal for our plans of shopping and sightseeing. The beds were very comfortable. The lobby area had a wonderful smell like a floral shop as you came off the elevator.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Cheryl
"Very conveniently located for quick business trip"
I stay here often when in Chicago. As always, a good experience.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"Great Place to Stay"
We love staying here. So close to parking. So close to the theatre. So close to shopping. The staff is always prompt and polite. Great place to stay.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"Retreat on Randolph"
Stayed at the Allegro this past long weekend. Took a couple of tries to get the room layout we liked but the front desk staff was very patient and accommodating. We were on the 14th floor overlooking Randolph and were never bothered by train noise or any other noise for that matter. The room was very clean and functional. Totally served our needs for an empty-nesters getaway. We would definitely stay here again
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Centrally located in the Chicago Loop"
Great location. Nice Staff that are very responsive. No room service as they do not have restaurant facilities. You have to ask for a coffee server for the room. However, it is complimentary and they brought me a Kurig with all the add-ons. Hotel is old, but has been modernized into a boutique hotel.
3 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Alice
"Great affordable room downtown"
Met a friend here to attend a Christmas party without having to drive home. The room was spotless, good use of a smaller space, exceptionally quiet for being in the heart of Chicago. Got a great price for a Saturday night. Would certainly come again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2014
Catherine
"Christmas in Chicago"
I appreciated the complimentary wine bar but would have been much happier with free internet. And the parking charges took the joy out of the deal I got on the room. On the positive side, the staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. And the location was awesome!
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Wonderful, warm hotel--great staff--great location"
We stay at the Kimpton Hotels in Chicago a few times a year--love the holiday atmosphere and the 312 Restaurant!
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Leanne
"Nice but small"
It was nice. Room a little small
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Hotel Allegro is my fave"
Like all Kimpton properties, this one is top shelf. Great location, beautiful room, friendly staff and a reasonable price.
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
chuck
"Very pleasant"
I'm seriously picky about cleanliness of bathtub. Soap film on bottom is the reason I docked it a point. Nothing gross or yucky in the room.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Cozy, trendy. Great hospitality!
"Average Hotel Goer"
Very straight forward, regular hotel stay. Decor was interesting, didn't match the old "historic" feel I was wanting to see. But resonably priced and bice location.
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
"Great for a weekend get away"
Great location and price for a quick get away to Chicago. The room is a bit small, as is the bathroom, but we didn't spend much time there anyway. Comfortable bed
"Stay here!"
This hotel is in a perfect location. Friendly staff and clean rooms. Would stay here again.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
"Fun in the Windy City"
This hotel is within walking distance from the train station, Macy's on State, the Christkindlmarket, and Michigan Avenue. The service was prompt and we enjoyed the festive wine social hour, and the rooms were clean but small. Great place and would stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2014
Cindy
"Classic Hotel in the Theatre District"
Very cool hotel in the theatre district of Chicago. The rooms are slightly smaller than usual, however given the hotel being older this is to be excepted. The lobby and common areas of the hotel are decorated with a modern yet classic look. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a deal in Chicago.
Matthew
A centrally located reasonably priced hotel. good value overall. Service at the restaurant was poor- took 12 minutes to be seated for breakfast ( with 4 parties waiting) while the hostess what chatting with some waiters in the background. Not the fault of the hotel though. One bad apple.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Very pleasant stay."
I would definitely book again here when coming to Chicago. Great service, great beds, daily complimentary coffee and wine, fast WiFi, fast elevators, comfortable lobby, incredible location, good TV menu, hot water, room and aisles not cold at all even though outside was 20's and not as expensive as others in the same area.
7 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
RODOLFO
No, I will not. No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will not.No, I will no
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Need warmness"
It is a good hotel but I wanted to have a coffee machine in the room. Although there is a cafe next to the hotel and the lobby has welcome drinks in the evening, I would still want a in-room coffee or tea service. I did not also feel that receptionists are warm welcoming guests.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Fay
"Great location and hotel"
This is a very nice hotel with a nice price and good location close to theaters, restaurants and shopping. The lovely lobby is a perfect place to enjoy the complimentary coffee or tea in the morning.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
debbie
"Lovely experience in the heart of the Loop"
Our visit to the Hotel Allegro was just one overnight. We had tickets to a play at the theater was right next door so the location of the hotel was very convnient. The room was small, so there was a sense of claustrophobia at times. But the public spaces on the main level were accessible and that allowed us to go down to that level and we were able to comfortably read our story book in front of a cozie fireplace. In a way, this gave me a sense of being at leisurely bed and breakfast rather than a fancy downtown hotel, which one might think would be cold and snooty. The lobby was beautifully decorated for the holidays. Each staff member we encountered was very polite and professional while still giving us very personal attention. Being located in the Loop, I thought we might experience traffic sounds throughout the stay, but that was not the case. You wouldn't even know that one of the busiest streets in the city was just floors below. The Hotel Allegro is a pricey hotel, as I said the room was small ... but for cleanliness, location, personal service and attention, and overall experience it was worth it.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Great Place! (Not allowed to say otherwise;)"
First, this is in the Loop and the theater district, so if you don't care for that you are just odd :) Seriously, since the Burnham has become so expensive, I've enjoyed calling the Allegro my Chicago home. Kimpton knows hospitality. However, if it were poorly run or had serious safety risks, you'd never know because hotels dot you know rejects reviews like that without ever wanting to discuss it with you. So the Capt.Obvious campaign is a fantasy.
5 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
"Chicago visit over Thanksgiving week"
Great location, quiet room on south side of hotel, very comfortable. Room could use a comfortable lounge chair so sitting on the bed is not only place to read etc. could use a robe hook on bathroom door and music in common areas could be toned down a bit. All in all we would stay here again for sure!
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Linda L
"Such a disappointment"
We hadn't stayed at the Allegro for a while, so we were excited to return. First, the good parts: big television, stocked mini bar, location close to the opera and theaters, & accommodation for one person. Upsetting: only one chair in the room, tiny bathroom with little counter space, no coffee maker, room renovation turned from quirky cool to sterile silver and white resulting in diminished charm, and no room service despite the great 312 Restaurant on site. We would think twice about staying here again.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"Great location, Staff and Amenities. Nice job!"
Great Spot, Amenities and Staff. Business Trip to Chicago and this location was recommended. Great choice!
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Hotel Allegro Works!"
Hotel was very good. Everything you need - Starbucks attached to the lobby so you can get your morning drink without going outside; nice lounging lobby; room was nicely decorated - Kimpton look however bathroom was tiny.
MJ
"Excellent Hotel"
Great hotel in a fantastic location. It's an easy walk to theatres and shopping. Millenium Park is just six blocks away. You also have the train station right across the street. It's right next door to a wonderful restaurant, 312! I'm definitely staying there again.
Cindy
"Nice location and staff"
Unfortunate not to have a nice bar or restaurant available, 312 restaurant was closed for private party and had strange hours when open. Great location for downtown. Nice to have Starbucks connected. Nice to have comp coffee - tea bar in the morning & 5pm wine hour.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
We came for our anniversary. I loved the atmosphere here. Small rooms, but we were not in there enough for it to bother me. Very close to a lot of things
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Quaint hotel, good location"
Checked in Thursday evening. The woman checked us in wasnt very warm and friendly. She barely made eye contact and was a bit condescending when I asked about the Karma rewards program. However, the guy that was checking in the couple right next to us was very friendly, jovial, welcoming. We wished he checked us in! Once we got inside the room, it was a bit of a shock that it was pretty small, although we read that from other reviewers. Its manageable, but given the location and age of the building, its expected that the rooms will be on the smaller size. The location of the hotel is wonderful. Its in the theatre district, millenium park, the bean, the christmas market are all in walking distance. There are no late night bars or food options which a bit of a problem when we got hungry at night. I love the wine and beer hour from 5-6pm. They were not skimpy on that and the staff was great. There was a small problem with the mini bar. We asked for it to be locked, which was locked when we checked in. On the 2nd day after housekeeping, it was unlocked. I called down and informed them we did not have a key and did not unlock it, and would not be paying for anything that was missing. They locked it the next day. Upon checkout, we were charged for two items but they quickly took it off when I Reminded them of the conversation. Overall my stay was great. I would definitely return to this hotel.
3 night romance trip Nov 20, 2014
Elena
"Hotel Allegro: always worth a look"
Allegro was my target hotel, as I was going to a concert at the theatre in the same block. Small room right off elevator and across from housekeeping access (staff was very noisy). However, room was clean and nicely appointed (I would expect nothing less from the Kimpton brand.) Price was totally out of line with the room, but it (sadly) made sense when I learned there was a wedding party in the house and it was also a Bears home game (vs. the Vikings). That said, the convenience factor (to theatre, shopping on State St., Millenium Park, etc.)and the chance to get away if only for a brief time trumped all!
1 night trip Nov 15, 2014
Very nice hotel. Room small (Euro-sized) but very clean, comfortable and well appointed.
"Lovely hotel!"
Loved the social hour with complimentary beer and wine. Very casual atmosphere. i enjoyed my stay immensely! I had Ravioli in the restaurant that was better than any I've had anywhere else!!!!! The Front Desk staff went well beyond anything I expected. Very nice hotel!
Cathi
"great getaway find"
The hotel is in a great neighborhood, great service, and great rooms!front desk was very helpful with good suggestions on activities. In the heart of the theatre district. We called the desk at 2am and got prompt service. Beautiful lobby with great coffee service and wine social(didn't partake in the wine).I would stay here again!
3 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2014
Went to Chicago for a Bob Dylan concert at the Cadillac Palace. This hotel was right next door to the theater. Clean rooms and an excellent staff.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Hotel Allegro"
Near theaters, dramatic lobby. Free wine and beer from 5-6pm, coffee served in morning, but no room service. Staff was very accommodating. My suite was large.
3 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2014
Antoinette
"Just ok"
Super slow checkin. Small room. But otherwise a nice place. I stay at Kimptons fairly regularly that have much better service.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
sandra
"Nice Chicago accomodations"
Centrally located, lovely hotel. Would definitely stay here again.
3 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
Carly
"Nice - but misses the kimpton mark."
Nice redo but still is a stretch to call it a "boutique hotel". New paint and some wall paper does not boutique make. But- comfy bed and quiet rooms. Nice lobby.
1 night romance trip Oct 22, 2014
"nice lobby and gym but otherwise basic"
The hotel rooms are dated. Kind of small.The bed had seen better days. The wallpaper was peeling in the room. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. Also just to note there is no free Wi-Fi in the rooms. You have to sign up for kimpton rewards in order to get free Wi-Fi.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
work travel
"The Allegro has lost its appeal"
This use to be a fun hotel in a great location. Well, location is still good but the hotel is showing age. They are soon to undergo a big renovation--and it sounds like this is becoming more of a corporate/event hotel. If that's your thing, certainly check it out--but if you like fun boutique spots, go elswhere!
2 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
"Nice downtown hotel close to opera and transit"
Overall a good hotel. The staff was nice. The room was small. The mattress wasn' t the best, but not horrible. At least it was king-size. The hotel is in the theater district and 4 blocks from thw Lyric Opera. An 'L' stop is less than 2 blocks away. I would stay there again and recommend it to others.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Janet
"Try too hard to get your info, no wifi service"
Disappointing. The hotel special marketing staff never returned the call to extend the wedding group rate as they told the wedding couple they would. Tired of waiting, we booked the room thru Expedia for the same rate. The "best view" room overlooked a parking lot, and the closet was too narrow to hang up clothes. Request to move was accommodated without hassle. Housekeeping did not really clean the room. Floor was dirty by the bed, and the bathtub not clean for bath. No way to make hot water for tea, etc.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Hotel Allegro"
Hotel was nice but no room service available.
2 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Hotel has great location but what we liked the most is the happy hour the hotel offers daily at 5 pm. Staff is very friendly and helpful. For sure we'll stay again on this hotel.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014