All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America

Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
    Bad pool
"great art deco"
Loved it friendly staff design great. Some furniture in room worn drink rings on mirror ledge
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2015
"Really nice hotel but barky next door was an issue"
We loved the hotel but for two things. The pull out sofa bed was not comfortable. It was saggy. And there was a little dog in the room next to us that was yapping incessantly.
2 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2015
Joyce
"No nightlife near by."
The hotel was nice but the bathroom in my room was very tiny and didn't have a bath fan. All the bars close by the hotel closed by 10pm so we couldn't have a late night drink. If I came back to Chicago I wouldn't stay at this place again.
3 night romance trip Oct 15, 2015
"Nice business hotel in downtown Chicago"
Very nice, newly renovated hotel in the loop area of Chicago.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2015
We loved our hotel room & the food and service at the hotel restaurant (312) was amazing!
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
Deborah
"Don't go during constuction"
The rooms are extremely small for the price. The hotel has construction going on currently right out front and the workers broke a waterline so the hotel was without water (toilet, showers, sinks etc.) so it made for a terrible day to wake up and not be able to do basic things like brush your teeth and use the bathroom. We were fully refunded. Parking is $59 per day.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
Joi
"Good customer service"
During our stay, the City of Chicago was doing construction nearby and turned off the hotel water. It was anticipated to be off from 3-5 am on the Saturday night of our stay. Unfortunately, it was still off when we checked out the next day. Hotel Allegro handled this very well, providing us updates as they could, giving us bottled water, and refunding the Saturday night portion of our stay. This was truly not their fault, and some hotels would not have handled the situation in the same way.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
"Waterless"
The only thing was that street work was being done and no water in the morning lasted longer than expected. We had fun at cocktails and appreciated free coffee service. Larger bathroom counters would be wonderful.
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
Deborah
"Great vacation at the Allegro"
We stayed here for a week vacation on our first visit to Chicago. The only negatives: 1. there was construction going on downtown, but this is not the hotel's fault. 2. The walls were a bit thin and I sometimes heard our neighbors talking loud late at night. But why the 5 stars? We had a great time here! The hotel was clean and neat, and in a great location. It is not smack downtown, but a few blocks away. However, the hotel is located within less than a mile from some of the best restaurants in Chicago. We enjoyed walking to and from dinner most nights. (Topolobampo, Blackbird, Frontera Grill, Girl and the Goat, the Publican, Salero, etc) The staff was always wonderful, and we enjoyed the evening sparkling wine hour. It was a fun way to meet other guests and have a glass before dinner. Millennium park, the Art Institute, the architecture boat cruise, Skydeck, and the Miracle Mile were all within easy walking distance. The museum campus was about 2 very easy miles away. It was a lovely walk through a couple of parks, or by the lake. Navy Pier is also within walking distance. If you don't like walking, grab an Uber! We used them quite a bit and the prices from this hotel to most locations was incredibly cheap! We booked through Hotels.com and got a great king size room on the 9th floor. We ate breakfast at the restaurant once and dinner another time; both were excellent! We loved this hotel and would happily stay here again.
8 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
MARIA T
"Hotel not helpful when booking through 2nd party ."
The hotel was fine, except they don't treat their Expedia guests equally. The City of Chicago shut down their water during the night and then didn't turn it back on when they were supposed to. This meant that I had to take a towel bath with a small bottle of water that I had from the day before prior to a business meeting. I asked for some sort of compensation for not having running water and was told that Expedia had to handle. Expedia tells me that I have to get on the phone with them, before they get on the phone with the hotel.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
Well priced and great condition
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2015
The heating/air conditioning system did not work. There was no coffee maker in the room. The selection of tv channels was inadequate. Closet door did not close (needed planed down). We could hear people in the adjacent room talking. Hotel personnel were very nice people. Room was clean, bed was comfortable.
3 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Superb in every way.
3 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2015
"good"
peaceful and quiet friendly people
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2015
Mariano
"Great weekend getaway!"
Great little getaway for my girlfriend and I. Highly recommend!
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Benjamin
The worst service ever
Response by Hotel Allegro, a Kimpton Hotel
Marsha, thank you for sharing your feedback about your say. I am so sorry to hear that you received terrible service. While I do not have much detail, I will be sure to share your comment with the team. Thanks Iris Junge Rooms Director
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
marsha
Older hotel-major elevator issues for two days that I was there. Room was small but clean. Not much for food choices in area and street construction right in front of hotel was a hassle.
2 night business trip Sep 14, 2015
"Cute little boutique hotel!"
We stayed here for our anniversary, and it was a great decision! The staff was super friendly.. They even sent a free bottle of champaign and a card to our room for our anniversary. It was an awesome suprise! The room was tiny, but thats to be expected in chicago. We had enough room for the two of us.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
"Hotel Allegro Chicago"
Loved the hotel overall, but room was so cramped. Cramped bathroom; no placed to open or lay suitcase except bed; and "closet" was about 20" wide and 8" deep. Yes 8(eight) inches deep! Staff were terrific and location was convenient to Orange line.
2 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Ken
"Overrated"
I had a tiny room with the bed right in front of the door and thought there was a bad odor in the room
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
TV difficult to operate. No movie purchase options and limited channels. No room service. Starbucks attached is very convenient.
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Matthew
"Overall nice stay BUT.."
The hotel has a very cool 1920ish vibe reminiscent of the Great Gatsby. The hotel is close to the Mag Mile. My only complaint was being offered a complimentary alcoholic drink in lieu of discount/voucher for breakfast since my stay fell on my birthday. Unfortunately, I don't drink.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2015
Clean and efficient hotel with adequate room space. Staff is professional and friendly. Not a 5 star quality hotel, but it suits anyone who wants a nice quiet hotel in the heart of Chicago. Very close to CTA and government centers. Right next to Palace Theatre where many top-end musicals and concerts are conducted.
3 night trip with friends Sep 3, 2015
"Cool hotel in great location!"
My husband and here over Labor Day for a weekend get away. The hotel itself was stylish with a neat Art Deco lobby . Our room was clean and well decorated though on the smaller side. For the price in this location that is to be expected. A refrigerator would have been appreciated. Hotel staff were very friendly as they all appeared to enjoy working there . They Replaced our iPod dock promptly as the sound was poor . We took advantage of the hotel bike loaner which was a nice bonus. Also lovely was the evening drinks in the lobby. Would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
"Great location and staff. Room was a bit small"
Hotel is in a very convenient location to the loop and the theater district. There are "L" stops within a few blocks that will get you anywhere in Chicagoland. Staff was wonderful and very friendly. Room was modern and clean, but pretty small. Closest wasn't even a full closet (you have to hang your clothes at an angle). This wasn't a problem for us, but if you plan to spend a lot of time in your room, it might get tight. This was my second Kimpton Hotel experience and I'll try to book at Kimptons in the future. Don't take room size too seriously. Great hotel and staff.
2 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
Randall
"Labor Day Weekend Getaway"
Small room, but very comfortable and good value for the money. The hotel is in a great location right near Millennium Park. Free coffee/snacks in the morning and happy hour in the evening are nice perks.
3 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
"Prime location, unbeatable price, superior staff"
Brought my girlfriend to Chicago for her birthday. Under the "special requests" category, which was a feature of the booking process, I mentioned that it was her birthday and that we had never been to the city. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a suite—free of charge. A very nice gesture. Along with that unexpected surprise, everything about the hotel was great. An awesome bartender named Luci who gave us many tips on which bars to hit in the city, friendly cleaning staff, and a front desk crew that goes above and beyond the call of duty all helped to make our trip unforgettable.
3 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
"Labor day weekend visit"
Great location, very clean and surprisingly large for a downtown Chicago hotel! Bathroom was tiny but that's to be expected.
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
"Cute hotel in the theater district of town"
had a nice stay. LOVE LOVE LOVE that it is pet friendly. the walls are beyond paper thin... to the point where you can hear someone talking on the phone in the next room.
2 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
mary
"Hotel Good, Braves Bad"
Annual family Braves baseball trip. Cubs won both games, but hotel experience was grand. Good downtown location, easy walk to the train, restaurants, etc. Updated hotel, very clean. Elevators pretty slow at times. I would stay again and tell my friends to do so. Rooms are small.
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
The only reason I didn't rate the room comfort higher is that the position of the faucet in the bathroom sink means your hands have to touch the sink to be under the running water. There is only about 1 inch of clearance between the faucet and the side of the sink.
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
Tiffany
"Gorgeous hotel"
Wonderful stay, only problem was the couple in the room next door were very loudly arguing all night long, starting around 2am. I called the front desk once, security came and they got quiet. But once they left, the couple went back at it. Not the hotel's fault and I was too tired to call again. Other than that, it's a gorgeous hotel with excellent service and beautifully decorated rooms - bathroom is a tad small for my comfort. Would stay again!
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
Renee
"Convenient last minute reservation. Decent price"
Rooms are very small. The bathrooms are tiny. There are no vending or ice machines on the floors, and no coffee makers on the rooms.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Rod
"Great location!"
Directly next door to the Cadillac Place Hotel. Rooms are very tiny.I found it amusing that there was a yoga mat in the room as well as the default station on TV was yoga instruction. The only place there would have been room for the mat was on the bed :) There is no room service for coffee in the morning,however it is available in the lobby as well as granola, milk and juice. The staff offered to bring a coffee to to the room (Keurig) but there was only two K-Cups of regular coffee sent and they did not replenish it the next morning. It is a beautiful hotel and the staff were great.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
Margo
"Dingy hotek"
Small dingy room. Food sitting in hallway! Carpets threadbare. Big disappointment won't be back.
2 night business trip Aug 25, 2015
Stuart
"My go to Chicago hotel"
Really enjoyed my stay. The hotel staff was excellent - extremely helpful!
5 night business trip Aug 20, 2015
Allison
"An Anniversary Get Away"
We throughly enjoyed our stay! The hotel was so accommodating and acknowledged our anniversary which was awesome! They made us feel special as soon as we arrived! It's central to everything! The weather was gorgeous so we walked just about everywhere! Great access to Uber and public transportation as well! Loved the room and comfortable bed! Awesome modern room with cool artwork! Loved it!
2 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
Bailey
"August 21-23"
The hotel was great. The service was excellent. However, I would have appreciate a more secure entry. Anyone off the street could walk in and go up the elevators to the rooms.
2 night business trip Aug 21, 2015
Brittany
"A Wonderful Place to Stay"
We loved this hotel! The rooms are a bit snug but that's to be expected for a building of its age. The decor was awesome too! It looked like a scene from the 20's. Make sure to visit the Bar Allegro for great drinks and 312 Chicago for terrific food and a wonderful atmosphere.
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Brad
I definitely enjoyed my stay at Hotel Allegro. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would gladly stay there again!
3 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
Crystal
"Classy Art Deco.. Amazing central chicago hotel"
They do it right.. classy rooms, nice service, inspiring decor.. super clean, easy check in and check out.. wifi was a pain in the butt to access, my stay was short do i opted to not log on. I would stay here again in a heart beat.
1 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2015
"Centrally located in the loop"
I stay here every time I work in Chicago. Just a few blocks from everything and the staff is great!
2 night business trip Aug 14, 2015
"Summer weekend in city."
Excellent location to theater district and main attractions. Very friendly staff. Very nice decor.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
Alicia
Very nice room 501 but view is a brick wall. No sun. Wifi connection not good.when I made my reservation would not take code for corporate rate. Hotel would not honor at check in as I made my reservation on this site. Trying to get this fixed. Any help would be appreciated
3 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
Kathleen
great accommodations, friendly staff
2 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
julie
Great location and kind staff.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Candis
Beautiful hotel ... Friendly staff. Really enjoyed our stay here. Would definitely stay here again
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
cortney
Great location but the rooms were quite tight for two people. I would definitely recommend the Hotel based on everything else. Maybe I just travel with too much stuff.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
Kedar
"Weekend getaway"
Excellent location for our trip. Close to theaters, Navy Pier, Michigan Ave shopping, River Walk, you name it.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
We wont stay anywhere else when we go back to Chicago.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015