All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America

Breakfast is average
    Bad internet service
    Room is not nice
"Good enough."
Room was clean, but was definitely the result of low-bid remodeling; holes in the ceiling from old window treatments, obvious patches in the drywall. Comfortable bed, the the wood floors were a nice touch. Even though the hotel was booked, it was quiet. Breakfast was adequate, nothing special. Nobody would mistake this for a high-end luxury resort, but it was clean and felt safe.
2 night business trip Sep 23, 2015
"great place"
like it and will be back soon
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
javier
"Perfect for the price"
I was very pleased with the hotel. It was clean inside and out. The parking lot was even immaculate! I love the fact it had wood instead of carpet floors.
1 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2015
Trisha R.
"No A/C"
The room was only so clean. The air conditioner did not blow cold air making the room muggy. There were no rooms available to switch room.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2015
Clifton
"Good job."
I like everything about the hotel,specially the professionalism, and courtesy of the staff. Our rooms were very clean, and confortable. I was surprise to see that this hotel is given only 2 stars. I had an emergency with one of the travel members and needed to cut the trip short. My sincere thanks to Ivan,the front desk staff, and to Elizabeth, the room keeper, for their assistance during my ordeal.
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
Anabelle
"Great place but be aware of extra charges"
Great location. Close to SDCC and downtown. Be aware they charge for parking. Also, my second two nights where 50% more expensive than my first night. Both of these were surprises. Otherwise the staff was great and the rooms have laminate flooring. The Sol Lunna cafe across the street is fabulous and downtown was only a 5min walk. I dropped my rental car off and took the trolley back. Trolley is amazing. Cheap, often, and big. Better than hassling with parking.
3 night business trip Sep 15, 2015
Wayne
Great spot,best price with two full size beds, just wish they had a pool and the television video quality was better.
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
"Not great, but not bad either. Good service."
We could have used a refrig in our room, and our cable did not work well. Other than that, the room was perfectly adequate and clean. It was a bargain for the price we paid. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. It was nice to have a free breakfast, too. No eggs, but pancakes, waffles, bagels, fruit, and cereal were just fine. Our cable did not work well at all, even after they sent someone to fix it. Overall, I would say it was better than we expected.
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
Greg
"Great location but old hotel with roaches :-("
The staff was really nice but the hotel is extremely outdated. That wasn't as much of an issue... The big one is there were roaches!!! Not a ton but we saw at least a handful. It was a little pricey so we expected better conditions.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Marisol
"Very disappointing"
The hotel should not be called a hotel... It should be called a cheap dorm. I paid cash and the clerk refused to give me a receipt. The towels in the room were not too clean, the face towel was actually. The shower was mediocre but the water was not raining and so the bottom was filling up with water. Very disappointed overall and would actually like my money back.
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
Gerry
"Awful room in and quite a way from where it is 'at"
The room smelt damp, the bed was broken the coffee machine didn't work and the whole place was old, tired and filthy!
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
"Labor day weekend"
Arrived early and was able to check in and room was cleaned.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2015
Diana
"Not a bad choice, bring slippers"
The staff was excellent and the room was comfy and a good size for the very affordable price. Also in a very convenient location. The downside was a very small selection for breakfast, pretty much hard boiled eggs and a variety of bread items, not many healthy options. But I didn't expect much for a free breakfast. Major downside was how filthy the floor was. Turned my feet black after just a walk to the restroom. Definitely bring your slippers/sandals. If they would mop the floor I wouldn't mind staying there again.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
"Terrible Bed"
Front desk very friendly. Room cleanliness good. Bed terrible in #312. Springs are shot. every movement on the bed elicited lots of loud noises.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Ed
horible
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
leonarda
"thank you front desk folks and bedroom service man"
Everyone was very friendly and accomidating. I appreciat the unspoken empathy and gander related to my injuries and tragity.
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
"What A Dump!"
A disappointing ripoff! Read the reviews on Yelp. This is a $50-$60 room in San Diego that I paid over $200 for. The rooms are recently renovated, but not very well. This hotel may be slightly better than a hostel. Maybe. Pros: Friendly staff, good tv Cons: no pool, limited parking, parking garage not near rooms, very small shower, awful bed (broken box spring?), dirty sheets, dirty towels, noisy
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Luke
"Motel...not...hotel"
I would call it a 'motel' instead of a hotel. That being said, it was well worth the cost, clean, walking distance to Gaslamp district and Norton outdoor mall.
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2015
Leonard
"Affordable hotel close to gas lamp"
The staff was extremely helpful ! One of the main reasons why I recommend this place.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
ana
"Don't stay here!"
The room smelled of mildew, the tub was covered in mold all along the edges, you could feel the springs in the bed, my wife cried! We were supposed to stay for the weekend but checked out the very next morning. Cudos to staff though. Very pleasant.
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
The room seemed weird. The bathroom was even worse. Although I've never been in jail, it felt like jail.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Small but clean."
The room was a little small but primarily the bathroom area was small, although the room was very clean. The receptionist could have been friendlier but the staff was very friendly. Beware the $1.50 per night tack on for the option to use the safe. I commented about the fee and the receptionist advised me to request a refund upon my departure if I had not used the safe (which I had not). When I checked out, upon request, she reimbursed me the $3.00 "safe" fee for my 2 night stay. Also, there is a $16 parking fee per night, and the parking stalls are somewhat small so I constantly feared that my car door was going to get dinged. Wifi is free. There also seemed to be a lot of loitering - perhaps just guests hanging out smoking. Not the nicest hotel but it served its purpose.
2 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
Maggie
The room is way too much for being very outdated. AC unit in the room is old n loud, couldn't sleep and it was still too hot. The bed was very uncomfortable. The bathroom needs some serious remodeling. If it's a shower, then make it into a shower, without a mini bathtub. and I mean mini!!! Thankfully, it was only for 1 night. Woyldnt be able to last another day.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Apes
"RED Roof"
Although in downtown it is surrounded by business bldgs. only, and an approx. 10 block walk to beach on a steep hill to return to hotel and this beach is isolated and ore like a marina and not near Mission or like it. Therefore the location is too isolated for enjoying. The hotel staff is nice but they and their carts were visible all day from am till 5pm and walkways were blocked and you felt like you were in a working environment. The bed creaked and the hardwood floors were dirty. The manager allowed us free parking one night due to the unexpected 3am to 6am street cleaning every Tues. and Thurs. So for the hassle and all said I would have rather stayed somewhere else.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Lee
Very runned down rooms. Bathroom and shower very small. And the mold and rust make it look very nasty.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"COCKROACHES, RUDE STAFF, MANAGERS WHO DONT RESPOND"
MY STAY WAS HORRIBLE I HAD A HUGE HUGE COACKROACK IN THE ROOM, THE FRONT DESK GENTLEMAN WAS RUDE AND WHEN I ASKED TO SEPAK TO A MANAGER OR A NUMBER TO CALL HE REFUSED TO PROVIDE. I HAD TO CALL IN ANOTHER DAY AND GET THE MANAGERS EMAIL AND EMAILED HIM HOPING FOR SOME KIND OF REFUND OR ANYTHING BUT NO RESPONSE PLEASE GO SOEMWHERE ELSE UNLESS YOU WANT TO PAY FOR COCKROACHES ALSO
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2015
Kassandra
"It might be nice if there weren't cockroaches!"
The room seems quite clean on the first sight until I saw cockroaches when I stepped into the bathroom, 3 to be accurate... Creaking bed is pretty annoying. You have to pay extra 16 bucks upon check-in for underground parking, which I won't complain since it is in the SD downtown. Overall it is very disappointing. I'm definitely not expecting a room with cockroaches with 100+ bucks each night!
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Lucinda
"think again"
the hotel internet was not high speed and had nats and roaches in hotel room plus try to charge a parking fee.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Tiffany
"Never stay here if you can help it"
In a word DISGUSTING!!!!
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Marna
"we'll be back"
real good service friendly too nice room with a view of the city we were pleased to say the least and plan to stay there again in the future
2 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
maria
Good for a quick stay
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
gabriela
"Quiet rooms, great staff, but aging facility"
After a noisy night at another San Diego hotel, we moved to Red Roof and were rewarded with a quiet night. The hotel is showing its age, however, with TV cord needing repair, a slow shower drain and similar issues. But staff is top-notch, offering to help with our flight check-in and printing the boarding passes for us. And the Red Roof offers a free breakfast plus free shuttle rides to many locations around the city. Overall, a surprisingly positive little downtown hotel.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Jack
"Don't bother."
Not family friendly. Roaches. Charged for a safe that we never used. Uncomfortable beds. Flat pillows. Broken shower. Creepy staff.
5 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
"Don't judge by the outside"
Outdoor hotels always seem sketchy to me but this hotel was nice. Rooms were spacious and clean! Staff was very friendly. Definitely staying here again!
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
adrianna
"Low standards at a high price."
We needed to stay in downtown San Diego so that we could watch the baseball on the Friday night. The hotel had to be within walking distance of the baseball park. A search on the internet found this hotel which was available and had a free breakfast and wi fi. The room had an unpleasant odour like stale tobacco or boiled cabbage, it was a non smoking room. The room was clean. The wi fi is unusable, basic web pages take minutes to load and I gave up after a while. The free breakfast was a buffet of very basic items served in a room that would not be out of place in a prison. Plastic plates and utensils included. The only positive was an automatic pancake machine. I did not enjoy staying at this hotel and it was very over priced for the standard provided, the only good thing I can say about it was that it was located within a mile of the baseball park.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
Sean
"For Comic Con 2015"
It was my first trip to SD and my first trip to San Diego Comic Con. Hotel is approx 1.1 miles from the convention center. Still walking distance, but a shorter walk to the shuttle bus (1 block over.) I didn't want to wait for a hotel room after I got tickets for SDCC and I thought this was the best choice of what I could find that was not across the street from the convention. Staff is great: very helpful and friendly. I thought the location was very good, some alone time from the chaos of the Con :) AC worked just fine. Coffee available in the lobby all day, nice. Shuttle bus to and from the airport available, very helpful. The room could have been cleaner, Red Roof please check under the bed. Internet needs to be faster. TV quality should be HD. The price was very high, but I think all hotels were high for the convention. I think the place is easily a 5 if it weren't the parts to improve. I will consider this place for my next trip to SDCC (fingers crossed.)
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Ox
"great hotel"
very clean, great cuatomer service I was impressed
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Jose Luis
The staff was really friendly - great customer service!
2 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
paulina
The room was in the corner it was very loud and the bed was very uncomfortable every single time I moved the bed cracks...
1 night trip Jul 6, 2015
"Never again will I stay at a two star hotel!"
Not a good hotel room the bathroom shower was pretty nasty water had zero pressure The beds were very uncomfortable and the blanket cover was dirty and smelly Never again
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Just ok.
2 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2015
"Disgusting."
Old, dingy room. Not family friendly and bugs! Tons of baby roaches. Blood stains on towels. You get the picture. Also our shower didn't work.
5 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
lauren
The bed that I sleep crack every single time you moved. Was loud and all night.
1 night business trip Jul 5, 2015
"Horrible"
Bed sheets dirty! Waiting for cleaning service took forever, Smells like garbage in the room! I heard clearly everything my neighbors did?? People where doing drugs and drunk! Pillows smelled like food Nasty smell , hair and literally nothing but loud door bangs all daytime long(the Latino cleaners will be slamming door all day as if the roof is gonna fall !!) Do not use the shampoo ? Unless u wanna lose your hair! Don't use the Towels the store then n dirty cleaning carts Latino workers shout all day long , noisy and loud ??? Don't try it Regards It's just sick and I had to stay because no refund
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
joseph
"Charge for parking your car."
This was a nice enough motel. Remodeled room but the bathroom is very very small. If you are packing a few extra pounds, you definitely will not be able to turn around at the bathroom sink. Another thing I didn't like, I booked online. They gave me one price when I booked and when I got there, there was an additional charge of $16 for parking my car. It is not mentioned anywhere online about this charge. When I checked out, they didn't give me a receipt because I booked online. When I got my credit card bill, I saw the charge for parking. Bait and switch.
1 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2015
Sandra
"just ok"
disappointed in breakfast offerings, not what we were used to
4 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
"pleased accommodations"
Clean room, exceptional front desk service. We was able to check into our room bout a hour early tganks to the guy at the front desk and I printed our boarding passes in the front lobby thanks to the girl working the desk then. Plus the hotel did offer a complimentary shuttle ride to airport. The only negatives are there was a half tub which I've never seen before and the hotel is on a very busy street in the heart of san diego.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
Donald
"Lacks Cleanliness"
Staff is helpful and the location is good. However, the $16/day parking charge was an unpleasant surprise. The rooms lack of cleanliness was my big issue. There was constantly a musty smell in the room which I believe was coming from an unclean bathroom. I don't think room service cleaned the floors because I kept discovering hair and other items on the floor. And on the last day of my stay, room service left no wash clothes.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
Ken
The room was great and big. Bed was great. Tub was a bit small but shower had great pressure.
3 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
victor
Very clean, great staff and only 5 blocks, 10minute walk from gaslamp. Highly recommend this hotel!
Other trip Jun 21, 2015