All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
719 Ash St, San Diego, CA, 92101, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

I called upon our arrival in San Diego and requested pick up at the airport. I was told that they didn't provide transportation after 9:00pm. I paid $16.00 to take a cab from the airport to the Red Roof Inn on Ash St. We requested transportation to the airport at 7:30 am the morning of February 9th. I was told we needed to be at the office 10 minutes ahead of time. Before we went to breakfast I was told the transportation as over booked and we would have to travel by cab. The cab came for us. Red Roof Inn paid for our ride to the airport. I'm not sure why I wasn't offered that courtesy Sunday night. I feel either Red Roof Inn or Expedia owes me $16.00. I would not have booked this facility if not for their stating transportation was available.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
emerson
"Kind of Run-Down on Outside"
Fine once inside, look like beat-up apartments on the outside, little privacy once door is open or blinds are open.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
28 from CA
"No thanks"
I won't stay here again. The area was very concerning to me, as were some of the other hotel guests. There was a lot of partying going on. The mattress on the bed felt like a cement block. They also charged me for a room safe that I was completely unaware of, much less use. On a positive note, the room was clean, the staff was nice, and the breakfast was surprisingly good.
3 night family trip Jan 29, 2015
Cynthia
"good stay"
It was a nice hotel a bit away from gas lamp but didn't mind it. the free Breakfast was great, good selection of food. The check-in was a bit shaky the person helping me didn't seem very happy to be there . overall good stay.
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
Marie
"Fit the purpose"
Great for the price
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2015
"Comfortable beds, but all others much improvements"
We had two rooms here when it was still called Roadway Inn back in 2012. Comfortable beds, that's the highlight of our stay. Very basic room, telephone, refrigerator, and TV. Cheap construction, thin walls, poor noise insulation, you hear people from walking and talking outside, next door, etc. In our room, the floor squeaks when we walk in the center of the room and near the beds. The overall quality is not as good as many hotels that I have stayed at this price range. It tends to attract the party crowd on the weekend, but quiet on the weekday. If you have the habit of getting up early, then this shouldn’t be much of a problem. We stayed on the top floor and someone was running on the roof one night, probably drunk. Our room had a slow drain in the sink, the shower made a loud sound from the pipe from the pressure of the water pump. Friendly and professional staff. $16 a day parking fee. Free hotel shuttle, but you have to schedule it ahead for departure. Phone didn’t work well, when called from outside, it only ring once out of three times. It does not call out locally properly. Wifi signal is very low, also signal from Sheraton is low. A lot of things don’t work. If you can get it at a Motel 6 price, it’s a cheap and decent place just to sleep in downtown San Diego; but not exactly a bargain. People for a premium to stay in downtown San Diego, but a hotel like this in a place like Dallas wouldn't be able to charge more than a Motel 6.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Link
"you pay what you get"
The room was clean but some towels were a bit stained can improve in the cleaning. Front desk was helpful and knowledgeable
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
CRYSTAL
"Homeless in Hotel?"
Would not stay here again. Not worth the money. The only plus was they had transportation to and from the airport. Someone was placing flyers under the door as soon as you arrived for some pizza place with no address. We walked down ny the water and saw homeless people everywhere. Continental breakfast poor and I think somepeople eating weren't hotel guests. I saw a cab driver come in eat and then drive away.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Well worth the money, which was quite ecomomical."
very well treated by the staff. room was clean and neat. breakfast was ok. cereal, toast/bagels, hard boiled eggs, coffee, juice etc.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Very deceiving!"
I would never stay at this motel again, and I would not recommend this motel to anyone. The only good thing about this motel is that the rooms were clean. Staff was very rude, and the quality of the room was horrible! Oh, and they charge you $16 a day for parking! Ridiculous!
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Leah
"Exceptional Staff - Good Stay"
Staff was exceptional, room was large but very noisey as it was downtown and truck noise started very early. Pillows could have been better, but overall an acceptable room for the price. No microwave and breakfast was not good, however there was a nice coffee shop just across them street.
5 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Close to Little Italy"
Stayed in the suite... It's cute and comfy.. Close to little Italy and about 2 miles from Gaslamp. I'd recommend staying here.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
The airport shuttle was 20 minutes late even though I reserved it the previous night and the airport to hotel service ended before I even landed
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"New year's SD getaway"
Stayed in suite. Helpful staff, great location, great price and great overall stay :)
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Juliana
"Good deal for the location. Very helpful staff"
The hotel was clean and conveniently located ten minutes from gas lamp. Parking was a little tight and the beds weren't the most comfortable, but definitely got the job done for a good price.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Bare bones hotel, but my room was quiet and comfortable.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Conveniently located hotel."
We enjoyed our stay. All the basics were provided. We fortunately had a ground floor room with parking. The hotel was convenient to get back to between excursions in the city. We would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Ty
"Fantastic view and awesome hotel employees"
Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Red Roof Inn San Diego and we loved it. If we were to go back to San Diego, we will definitely stay there again. The check in and out times were very convinient. The hotel staff was very friendly and super helpful. The price was super good for such a wonderful location. The hotel is located within walking distance to everything: the mall, night clubs, the beach, lots of restaurants.... Just really great And on top of that breakfast was included yay
8 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
Eliana
"A good place to stay."
I really liked this place. Situated in the downtown of San Diego is a good starting point for discovering the city. Besides, rooms are nice, with big bathroom. I was lucky to have a really nice view from my window. Breakfast is good, they offer both sweet and salty things to eat, so you have many options to choose from. The only drawback that I can think of was the fact that you need to pay for the parking, but on the other hand it is difficult to find any hotel/motel in San Diego that offers free parking. Overall I can recommend this hotel, it's a good place to stay.
3 night trip with friends Dec 16, 2014
This hotel was close to the zoo, balboa park and the harbor. The hotel is old buy the room was very nice with hardwood floors that we liked better than the carpet you usually get.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Great hotel for San Diego Zoo and City Center"
Very good hotel in San Diego, the only bad thing is the parking that you need to pay for 16 dollars but most of hotels if not all hotel in San Diego there is not the parking included. Breakfast was good, with eggs, bread, juices, coffee, milk, fruits, ... Location is perfect for the San Diego Zoo, and quite close to the city center and Little Italy are for example !
3 night trip with friends Dec 16, 2014
Natalia
"Good value for the money"
Stayed couple nights with friends in a douple queen room. Plenty of space in the room for baggage. Breakfast was okay and location really good: close to downtown and by car easy to go anywhere.
4 night trip with friends Dec 15, 2014
"Not bad but we were looking more."
It was surprising to us that there was no dressers to put are clothes into. Our stay was only one night so it work out okay but it would had been nice to somewhat unpack.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Gregory
"No comfort here"
The staff was friendly but the bed was as hard as a rock
4 night romance trip Dec 8, 2014
"Great trip"
This was a great trip to San Diego. It was my first time out here but It was for business. It was less than a mile from the convention center. I walked everyday and it was a great walk, up hill on the way back, but other than that it was awesome. I would definitely stay here again.
4 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
Franklin
"Trip"
Our stay was ok. The beds are really hard and not comfortable. Wouldn't stay here again
1 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2014
"Nice hotel and location"
Hotel was very centralized I had no problem getting around
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Way over priced"
Way over priced for a room to not have a refrigerator. Also the breakfast was gross. They shouldn't offer it.
1 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2014
"A great inexpensive alternative"
Pleasant front desk..clean room.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2014
"Las Vegas Native"
It was OK
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Anthony
"Great location Clean, plain rooms"
After driving 10 hours; #1- went to our room which smelled of insecticide (room was large); #2 - lugged our suitcases to second room and it had some kind of straw filled futon cover on it but no mattress; #3 much smaller room, bed was comfortable, the room fairly clean. I always sanitize all surfaces anyways. The next day just as I finished dressing a man began to enter the room, he'd been rented our room! On Thanksgiving we were happy to see family, but when we opened our door, no one had been there from maid service. We went to the office and dropped off dirty towels and receiving clean ones. The parking lot fills quickly but there is an underground garage available but no guaranteed parking, there is a $16.00 parking fee per night.. The Staff was wonderful, lots of smiles, no grimaces, very friendly and helpful. The Inn is surrounded by high-rises, if you do not mind older basic clean room, no carpet but we did not mind because floor was so clean.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Yolie
"The price and service 5"
We had amazing service
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Amber
"TRIP TO SAN DIEGO GAS LAMP DISTRICT"
OUR ROOM WAS PLEASANTLY CLEAN AND WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF THE GAS LAMP DISTRICT. WE DID NOT EVEN NEED TO RENT A CAR. YOU CAN WALK ANYWHERE, TO GET FOOD, TO GO TO THE MOVIES, TO GO SEE A BROADWAY SHOW. AND RED ROOF INN EVEN HAS A FREE AIRPORT SHUTTLE YOU JUST HAVE TO CALL AND ARRANGE IT. RED ROOF INN MET ALL OFF OUR NEEDS, THEY EVEN PRINTED OUR BOARDING PASSES FOR US. THEY WERE VERY HELPFUL. PLUS A SMALL LITTLE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST IS INCLUDED.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
MEGAN
"First time visitor review"
I travel a lot. I have stayed in bigger, newer, and definitely more expensive hotels. My first time stay at Red Roof proves the old saying.".money is'nt everything" . I put the quaint comfort and friendly concern of ALL staff at the top of the customer service ladder I am a senior citizen, disabled and diabetic. I arrived sick and probably had a fairly decent first night thanks to the desk manager on duty when I checked in.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Fun getaway!"
I liked this hotel. It's only a couple blocks away from the gaslamp quarter. Good place to stay if your looking to not spend a bunch of money.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
We had good service. Friendly staff. Adequate breakfast. Good clean room for the price. The only problem was that our flight arrived after 9 pm and their shuttle service ends at 9 which cost an extra $15 for the cab ride
"Walking distance to Gaslamp District"
Room was nice for the reason we were staying there. The showers are incredibly small. I'm only 5'4" and I was squatting to get underneath the shower head to wash my hair. Overall it's a decent place for the price and walking distance to the gaslamp district where all the restaurants and bars are.
"Perfectly located"
This place is our favorite to stay because the staff is great and the location is perfect
jasmine
"Good for students ONLY"
We had to ask to change the room since the AC was extremely noisy and the restroom flush was not good. HOWEVER full marks to the staff.. very congenial and helpful. ONE BIG PLUS IS tHEY HAVE A FREE AIRPORT PICKUP AND DROPOFF.... HELPED A LOT>>> WISH THEY HAD THE SAME TO THE CONVENTION CENTER TOO>
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"Great Location and Very Affordable!"
We were very satisfied with our stay at this hotel. The location was super. We walked to Balboa park and the Zoo. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable, good water pressure and plenty of hot water. The cost was exceptional. It was not a luxury hotel experience, nor were we expecting one, nor were we paying for one.
3 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
"I would come back!"
Our first room was not great. Ice machine was in full use for hours and hours and you could hear every second of it. The street noise was horrible also on a Friday early morning. That afternoon we checked into a different room on the second floor and life changed dramatically. Everything turned out so much better. There are no bells and whistles. Clean, has decent bathroom, no amenities except coffee in the lobby. For the price and location I would stay here again. For a dog loving town it sure is hard to get into a hotel in San Diego, and this place is decently priced and loves dogs.
1 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
"Review"
Stay was great and the staff was very friendly. The $16 a day parking fee was expected but a written receipt should have been provided stating that $64 was paid for parking. The $6 fee for an unused safe in the room is a ripoff since no one was told about the safe or the fee.
4 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
Daryl
"Red Roof"
Perfect. Staff was extremely courteous and attentive. Room was clean and safe.
3 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
jennifer
"Red Roof Inn"
The only negative I would have is the lack of help at the time of our check in that left a line of people waiting. We like to walk, but most people will probably need to drive to attractions/food from this location.
1 night family trip Nov 6, 2014
"Good choice to stay at Red Roof Inn"
I booked a room in Red Roof for one day, and found it was clean and at good location at downtown san diego. then I booked another day for the same room. One shortcoming is parking charges $16 per day. Other than that, I like it!
1 night family trip Nov 4, 2014
"Great hotel!"
This was a great hotel, and I would stay there again! The hotel staff was very friendly and welcoming. Only problem with it was that it had very weak shower head.
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
Brittany
"great location!"
Went to great places, close by. Rooms very clean. Breakfast provided was fine. Location perfect for us.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Wayne
"good place"
Very freindly and helpful staff. Good value.Should upgrade to flat scree tvs.
4 night family trip Oct 22, 2014
Greg
"Very decent hotel at good rate"
Hotel room was clean and comfortable, probably a bit on the small side if you are traveling with a family but perfectly fine for one or two adults. Staff were friendly and welcoming; daily cleaning staff did a good job and were also very polite. Breakfast was the typical continental, nothing special but good enough to be filling. Hotel is a little under a mile from Gaslamp - downtown area; the walk there and back was very straightforward and easy. I would definitely stay here again without hesitation.
4 night trip Oct 11, 2014