All hotels in Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America

Great wellness & sports facilities
    Great amenities
    Awesome vibe
    Great pool
Staff was friendly and courteous.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Josue
"What an incredible room and hotel."
This experience started as soon as I stepped outside my shuttle. Met by valet who gave me water and led me to front desk. The concierge was both friendly and professional and helped me out with subsequent questions. The room...was...amazing. Massive tub, brilliant shower and bathroom, big space and clean huge bed. Could not fault it at all. Hotel is close (20min walk) to fashion district and close to a Walgreens. Sat by the pool one day and drank cocktails and the staff there were super friendly. Dinners were a good sized portion and worth the $$$. Overall...super stoked with this place. Definitely worth the amount I paid for.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for choosing Hotel Valley Ho!
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"Awesome for a weekend getaway"
Ended up staying at the Valley Ho for a weekend getaway with the girls. We had a blast! Location is great (close to bars and restaurants) and the staff and housekeeping team was super friendly. Room was comfortable and spacious with plenty of much needed air conditioning. Two pools, one for relaxing and the other for drinks and music. The hotel is filled with other fun/nice guests- which was nice to chat to people while laying out in the sun. Would FOR SURE stay here again!
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again!
2 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2015
Nicole
"Spa Guest Room is Amazing"
The Valley HO experience was awesome: - great pool and great jacuzzi - perfect large bathtub in room - spacious and luxurious room - amazing breakfast in bed
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the review!
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Matthew
"Comfort, style and value"
This place is a gem. Comfortable and stylish. I hesitate writing a super positive review because I don't want to let the secret out. Top notch for the price I got it at in the middle of the summer.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for choosing Hotel Valley Ho and taking the time to leave us a review!
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
"Beautiful hotel, less than great staff"
Upon arrival (1pm) we were told we could not check in until 4. That was fine, but friends we were with checked in at noon and were upgraded! We booked a more expensive room, yet were unable to get into our room for several hours.Maybe its because we booked through Expedia and not the hotel web site. We were also told we would get a room close to the adult pool, but we ended up with a room very far away from the adult pool but close to the kiddie pool, which was teaming with yelling kids! We complained, as we did not have kids and really had been hoping for an adult type getaway. The front desk guy said, sorry, thats the room that you get!! The Valley Ho is a great hotel in a perfect spot close to old town and food and shopping. We did have a great time in the pools with our friends and walking to supper in old town. We did stay out late, and were hoping to sleep in on Sunday morning. But that did not happen as a staff member knocked on our door at 6:30 am. There must have been a mess up in the kitchen, as she believed we had ordered room service and would not stop knocking on our door until my husband opened the door and explained again we did not order room service! Then of course, the kids in the kiddie pool started up the usual squealing and screaming about an hour later. We gave up trying to sleep and decided to check out. Luckily, within walking distance, there are many great places to have brunch. All in all, an ok stay, just a little upsetting for the amount of money.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for staying with us. Our guaranteed check-in time is 4:00 p.m. We’re happy to accommodate early check-ins whenever possible, but are limited based on occupancy and available rooms. While we get some guests who check-out early, many wait until the guaranteed time of noon, at which time we have to clean and inspect each room. We are not able to guarantee room location, only room type. I apologize if there was any confusion with this. The OHasis Pool is a lap pool with several water features, but is not designated as a family or children’s pool. I’m sorry if you did not enjoy the pool. I sincerely apologize for the mix-up with the room service order, which disrupted your sleep. We appreciate your feedback.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Rebecca
Food was good. Staff at hotel friendly and attentive.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you, we appreciate your review!
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
I loved my stay here. The staff was very accommodating and the hotel was very clean.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for choosing Hotel Valley Ho! We hope to see you the next time you're in Scottsdale.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Sierra
"Walk to old town"
The hotel was very swanky. The hotel was small, but I enjoyed the scene. Our only gripe was that there was many cigarette butts out in our patio area. We were able to walk to old town so would recommend the hotel.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for staying with us. I sincerely apologize for the cigarette butts. All guest rooms and patios are thoroughly cleaned and inspected prior to each guest checking-in; this was likely due to another guest dropping them. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
yawhei
"A step back in time!"
Just lovely! We will definately be returning for a longer stay. Maybe a week by the pool!
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Splendid, see you next time!
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Great staycation for older kids"
fun family staycation. I have to say the hotel staff went out of their way to be helpful and pleasant. We had a great time. Loved the retro vibe and the room decor.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your review!
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
This is the coolest hotel I have ever stayed in. I feel it is on par with a Disney resort hotel, and I've stayed in several. The modern amenities tied with the retro-theme creates an incredible atmosphere and I highly encourage everyone to stay here. I could only stay one evening, which is a shame because I would have loved to have stayed longer and enjoyed the pool area.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Wow, thank you for your review. We hope to see you the next time you're in Scottsdale!
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Neil
"Lovely, cool hotel"
This is a wonderful hotel near the heart of old town Scottsdale - and it has been amazingly redone. It's look stepping back in time, but with current modern comforts. My room was spacious, including cool mood lighting over the bathtub, and a private patio too. The pool is gorgeous and the workout facilities top notch. The staff were all very professional and friendly. I hope to stay here again in the future!
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your review.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
Alicia
"Fun mid century and close to shops restaurants"
Friendly staff excellent food nice rooms contemporary and design great views looked over the pool great location
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
staycation from
"Hotel Valley Ho Scottsdale"
Stayed at Hotel Valley Ho. Nice part of town in Scottsdale AZ. Shops and food close, very convenient. Hotel had a retro feel, very nice accommodations for an overnight business trip. Staff was very attentive and knowledgeable. Room was clean and ready when I checked in. Would recommend for a couple get away more than a business trip.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again!
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2015
"Overall best experience ever!!!!!!!"
Best experience in every way....great food, service, ambiance... Will definitely return....
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Scottsdale.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2015
Virginia
"Best Staff Ever"
Forget how gorgeous the hotel is. The staff were unbelievable. One of the best hotel staffs I've ever encountered. From the valet, food service, pool service to front desk. Excellent
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Wow, thank you for your review! We hope to see you again.
3 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
Tina
"Getaway."
Great room and accommodations. It was walking distance to historic shopping district. Friendly staff. Came for a relaxing stay and that is what we got. Great hotel.
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
bernie
"Neat place with a lot to offer nearby"
Stayed two nights. Loved the choices of restaurants within walking distance. Hotel Bar was nice too. Hotel consists of many unconnected buildings. Also, some buildings have doors to the outside like motels while others have internal hallways. Rooms were large and had a modern retro feel. Free WiFi was a bit slow and not working my first night. I would come back.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry if there was any difficulty with the WiFi. We offer a basic speed complimentary and higher speeds for a fee. We appreciate your feedback.
2 night business trip Jul 8, 2015
"Girls Getaway"
Loved the preservation of this beautiful mid-century architecture! The hotel is a terrific venue for a gathering of friends. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful, the food is good, the spa is wonderful without being overpriced and the proximity to Old Town Scottsdale is within walking distance. I would also highly recommend taking the historic tour of the hotel- fascinating and very entertaining.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your review.
2 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
Susannah
"Relaxing, Wonderful, and Enjoyable"
I wish i could give 6 stars to kevin the poolside bartender and alfred at the front desk! My gf and i travel a lot and are total lodging snobs. Our total experience was first rate. My only complaint is that i couldnt find ANYTHING to complain about. If your going to scottsdale stay here
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Wow, thank you for your review! We hope to see you again.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Had an excellent time. The room was very clean and comfortable. We ordered room service for breakfast the next morning and it came very quickly and the food was delicious.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
We appreciate your review!
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Caitrin
Had a wonderful time at the hotel. Clean comfy rooms, great staff and food.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Great staff!!"
I felt very welcomed the minute I walked in, greeted by many workers. Love the hippy cool vibe of the place, it has a fun retro look. When I got to my room I was pleased to find it very clean!! If I have one complaint it would be the bed, the full size bed is to small for two and the mattress is way to soft for me...but that's it!
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for staying with us! I’m sorry you found the mattress too soft. Due to the hotel being built in 1956 and working with the original room size, our rooms have either one king bed or two double beds; unfortunately two queen beds do not fit comfortably. We hope to see you again.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
sandy
"Party Hotel for those 35 and under"
I booked this hotel for a birthday surprise weekend. Although the room was pleasing, there were many things that were not- a) In Phoenix where it is 105 degrees in the summer, you would expect the A/C to work better b) Anyone can walk in the side doors of the different wings until midnight c) There were many cracks in the cement of the balconies d) They had an "event" on the weekend we were there and it felt like spring break in college. Many drunk people carrying buckets of beer into the pool. Of course they were then up in the middle of the night in the hallways. e) the amenities in the room for showering smelled like flowers Wondering how the men enjoyed washing up with that floral scent. f) Was woken up at 6:30 am by barking dogs...didn't know this was a pet friendly hotel
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
I’m sorry if the room did not get cool enough for you and hope you were able to bring that to our attention so our engineering team could inspect the system. It can get hot here in the summertime and we want all of our guests to stay cool. Some of our guests park in the lot and enter through the north end of the property to check-in, rather than using the main valet entrance. We allow the gates to remain open until midnight so that these guests can easily walk to the front desk without having to walk around the property. Our security team monitors the property 24 hours a day to ensure your safety. We are renovating the guest rooms in the original wings this summer, including the balconies. I apologize if any guests acted inappropriately at the pool or near your room. We have DJ entertainment on Saturdays in the summer, which we promote through social media, advertising, our website, and phone reservations. I’m sorry if this was a surprise. We also have the relaxing OHasis Pool as an alternative to the main OH Pool. The atmosphere at the OH Pool is more laid back on weekdays during the summer, and all week long in the non-summer months. There is a no-party policy for our guest rooms, and we respond to any noise complaints regarding people or pets. We definitely want everyone to get a good night’s sleep; my apologies that you did not. The amenities in the rooms feature an Icelandic Moonflower scent by Red Flower that was custom created for the hotel. It has a clean, subtly floral scent that most of our guests really enjoy. I’m sorry if it was not to your liking. We appreciate your feedback.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Barb
Great hotel. Great location. A lot of fun!
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
Aaron
Surprised my girlfriend for the 4th of July with a last minute unscheduled holiday. We loved the studio room with balcony; making good use of the deep soak tub in the middle of the room, large enough for two. The decor of the entire hotel perfectly enchanting. The foord was excellent. Reaxing by the pool with a pitcher of fruit filled intoxication a must. With the exception of the pool patio concrete desperately needing to be coated in cool-crete as apposed to blistering your feet in the 107° Pheonix sun, our weekend was a ferfect blend of sun filled romance and exciting relaxation. We will be coming back. Thank you Valley Ho?
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
We appreciate your review, thank you!
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Love the new pool!
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
I'm glad you enjoyed the new OHasis Pool. We hope to see you again soon!
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
fay bm
This is officially my new favorite hotel!
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Wow, thank you for your review!
2 night trip Jul 3, 2015
Mia
"Valley Ho..."
Rooms can be hot on arrival. Especially when it's hot in AZ. They do not cool them down prior to checking in. Rooms do tend to have sort of a funky smell. Not sure what it was. AC is about a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10. Hotel has a lounge $$$. Attracts sort of a different group. Middle aged guys prowling and bad pick up tactics.. Overall, decent place, still needs work though on the rooms and smell. Good showers, would not chance using the tub. Appetizer menu is terrible. Food menu $$$$!!
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
I apologize if your room felt a bit warm. We cool vacant rooms to the high 70s to ensure they are comfortable for any guests checking-in. We would love to know which room you were in so that our housekeeping team can inspect it; there definitely shouldn’t be a funky smell. I can also send our engineering team to inspect the A/C. I apologize if the room didn’t get as cool as you prefer. We have a happy hour in our lounge that you might like, with $6 appetizers, wine, cocktails, and $4 beers from 4-7pm weekdays. Our restaurant pricing is in line with other area hotels, and we use local, seasonal ingredients whenever possible resulting in extremely-high food quality. Our concierge is also happy to recommend restaurants nearby, suited to any budget and taste. Thank you for your feedback.
1 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
"Fun hotel in good location"
Fun hotel! Great service-friendly. Missed info about parking charge, but be prepared for one (valet or self-park).
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for staying with us! I'm sorry if parking information was not more clear; we offer underground valet parking for a fee and complimentary self-parking.
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
DEBRA
"Great Place. Will come back!"
Comfortable, enjoyable. Love the decor, Really enjoyed relaxing in the little pool in the evening and swimming under the fountains.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
Diana
"Girls nite out"
Hands down one of my best stays :) We were upgrades to a suite because our room was not ready and boy were we appreciative!!!! Awesome kitchen awesome views, beautifully furnished... So nice that we ended up staying in and catching up rather than going out :)
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for your feedback!
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
kristina
"Nice Staycation"
Wife and I did a stay cation with a few other couples who were in from out of town. Pool party was fun not to load and crazy but good music and crowd was nice not trashy. Rooms are great like the mix of 60s cool and modern. Property is very clean and room service was good.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Ryan
"Amazing place"
Love this place and can't wait to be back soon!! Best Gluten Free options in town!
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
I'm glad we were able to serve up some tasty gluten-free dishes for you. Thank you for your review!
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Room got hot in the afternoon
3 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
Keith
"Awesome"
Everything from check in to check out was easy. friendly. and accommodating.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for your review, we appreciate it!
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
iee
"Great girls get away weekend!"
Spent the weekend with my girls, and we had a wonderful time! The spa was fabulous- would return even without the stay. Great restaurant, and although the pool was very crowded we had a good time.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for staying with us! Along with the OH Pool we have a relaxing OHasis Pool you might want to check out if you return.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Marilyn
Hotel Valley Ho was everything I expected. The moment you walk in kind of takes you back to the late 60's. At the same time integrating 2015. Nice staff, nice gym, great pool and all of those have great scenery. Highly recommend !
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Cole
"Draper's Place"
Hotel Valley Ho was built back in the 60's and recently under went an extensive renovation that appears to have brought it back to its previous glory. The whole place now has a very cool retro, Mad Men kind of vibe happening that really makes this place standout in a sea of blandness. The staff was very professional, but the valet guys were exceptional in the attentiveness and positive attitude. The Valley Ho's restaurant is called ZuZu and stays faithful to the hotel's "what's old is now new again" style. The Hotel Valley Ho also has a hip little bar and is perfect if you're planning a weekend getaway for you and your significant other, but I wouldn't recommend it for a family outing. The swimming pool is the only entertainment and they do not serve breakfast, so leave the little ones behind if you can and enjoy the ambiance.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
We appreciate your review! We do not serve breakfast at the pool, but our restaurant ZuZu begins serving breakfast daily at 6:00 a.m. We hope to see you again.
2 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
"Loved it!"
Hotel was awesome! Definitely a great place for adults to get away and have fun. I highly recommend it.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
"Our new across-the-street neighbor!"
We're moving into a condo just across the street from the Valley Ho. We needed to a"camp" at the hotel for one night and loved it! VH truly exceeded our expectations in nearly every way. The only issue I had was that the bar staff was not very friendly.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for staying with us, and welcome to the neighborhood! I'm sorry that your bar experience was less than great. We'd love another chance to show you what Hotel Valley Ho is all about.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"fun stay"
Fun
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again.
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
mickey
"Best resort ever"
One of the all around best resorts I have every stayed in.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Wow, thank you for your review!
5 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Holli
"From the set of Mad Men"
A classically restored hotel from the 50's with all the amenities of today.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
MM
"Be sure to take the TOUR!"
Stayed for 3 nights in a King Cabana room - it was wonderful! Be sure to take the historic walking tour - book it through the front desk. Ace was excellent as a tour guide.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for staying with us, and I'm glad you enjoyed your tour with Ace!
2 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
Karla
"Fantastic hotel!"
Great hotel! Awesome pool! We love it here and are planning a return trip. Very close to great bars and restaurants in Old Scottsdale! It is a great place for a weekend trip.
1 night romance trip May 31, 2015
Angela
"Love Valley Ho"
great
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
We appreciate your feedback.
2 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
"It was ok for the 1st time"
At check in 1 of the ladies was kinda a rude and then asked about a pool view upgrade for an extra $30 and I said ok but when got into room but a slight view of the kids pool, not the main pool for an extra $30. The rooms were clean but beds were not that comfortable. I feel the price is way to high for these rooms. I have stayed at better hotels for a lot cheaper.
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for staying with us. I apologize if the front desk experience could have been better. Our Pool View Guest Rooms face either the OH Pool or OHasis Pool; I’m sorry if you wanted to be facing the OH Pool. The OHasis Pool is our relaxation lap pool. We appreciate your feedback.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Clean room, friendly staff, great nail technician and massage therapist at the spa, delicious food at restaurant, fun and unique atmosphere. Would definitely visit again!
Response by Hotel Valley Ho
Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jun 7, 2015