All hotels in Hazelwood, Missouri, United States of America

its all good
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2015
Undra
"When I have time"
I was off for the weekend and decided to "getaway"...I enjoyed the peace and quiet... I went to the breakfast bar Saturday morning, but it wasn't stocked up...didn't bother taking my chances Sunday...
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Lashonda
Needs a remodel but overall it was a pretty nice stay
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It’s great to hear that you had a positive experience with great customer service. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Brittney
"Horrible Hotel, they should pay you to stay there,"
Horrible experience all around. It was a scary neighborhood, and then the hotel was in bad condition, so I was not comfortable at all. The service was horrible, it fact most of the time there was no one available at the front desk, and no one answered the main telephone business telephone number. The room was nasty, and smelled like mildew, the air conditioning/heating did not work. The bathroom floor was coming up, so it was unsafe to walk on barefoot. The worst part of my experience was the bedding, the comforter was thin and scratchy, and the sheets were super thin, so it was hard to fall asleep because I was uncomfortable, I had to drug myself with sleeping pills to fall asleep. All around bad experience, and I will never stay there again when I go to saint louis to visit my family.
5 night trip Jan 18, 2015
Lauren
"You get what you pay for."
We only needed a hotel close to the airport because or flight let early in the morning. It was good enough to sleep in but I felt dirty afterwards.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your room's cleanliness did not meet your standards. To prevent this from happening again, my housekeeping staff is reviewing our cleanliness procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
"Holiday get away"
Price was great, people were nice,
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"No telephone no dishes no coffee pot no remote"
It was hell the worst I got sick and no good customer service.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your in-room amenities. Items like dishes and coffee pots are available at the front desk upon request. I am sorry that my front desk staff did not inform you of this process, and I will work with them to ensure that we are properly communicating this policy in the future. As well, I will work with my housekeeping staff to ensure that our rooms are properly equipped with TV remotes and telephones. I am also sorry to read that our staff provided you with such poor service. I will work with my entire team to review our customer service standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
st louis
"First Impressions"
When I entered the hotel lobby I was greeted by the kindest clerk who has ever checked anyone in a hotel room. Not only was my room nice and comfortable, but the fresh snow on the tree outside my window was picturesque. In so many ways it felt like home away from home. The kitchen had a fridge, microwave and a stove with an oven. Imagine that! I would definitely stay here again - even if it doesn't snow. lol
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Lola - Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. I'm thrilled that we were able to provide you with a home away from home experience. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your comfortable room, your fully equipped kitchen and our wonderful staff during your stay. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Lola
"Poor customer service"
I initially got a room that had not been cleaned. Then they put me in a room that did not have a working toilet. I didn't realize this until the morning. When I told the front desk, she shrugged it off and said the room was being remodeled. They didn't offer a discounted rate or an extra night stay. Very poor customer service. I will never stay there again. I will also tell my family and friends about my stay.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your room had a maintenance issue, and that our staff did not assist you with this issue. I met with the staff, and we will take every precaution to ensure that our rooms are properly inspected and in working order. As well, I will be meeting with my staff to review our customer service standards to ensure that we are more helpful in response to such issues in the future. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2014
"Extended Stay Hazelwood, MO"
The stay was fine except there was some late night noise that was a problem. The staff was super
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our hotel's location met your needs. We are proud to have provided you with an affordable room with a fully-equipped kitchen. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
stan
"All good, nice rooms."
Very nice and friendly staff.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that everyone was warm and friendly. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
2 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
Ron
"needs major updating and cleaning"
I was very apprehensive about this hotel when I saw all of the negative feedback on it. But, I went into this with an open mind. We have always done the "mystery hotel or name your price" hotel deals with very good luck. This experience was different. The hotel itself is in a kinda bad neighborhood and pretty run down. The room had carpet stains and patched spots. Sheets, blankets, and towels were dirty and/or stained. Paint on the walls was cracking around the air conditioner and windows. There was an overall bad odor in the room. This hotel was listed as a 2 Star.....it is not a 2 Star, much more like a .25 Star Hotel. Please remove this from your listings.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I was disheartened to read that your room had cleanliness and maintenance issues. Please accept our apologies. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are reviewing our inspection standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America location in the future.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Cardinal fan
"My worst ever experience"
I have booked the room one month ago and got all confirmation but when I travelled there, I was told rooms are booked fully. In the night, with kid, I was searching for some other hotel on a long weekend. I will say that they totally messed my weekend plan.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you for telling us about your experience. We are disappointed to hear that we were not able to accommodate you. Please accept our most sincere apologies. We will review our reservation procedures with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"Only One Queen Bed"
Great overall stay. The room was only one bed and no cots or other rooms were available so call ahead if you need it for two people. My buddy slept in the reclining chair. Great kitchen and bathroom, but not for buddies traveling when 2 beds are wanted.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"great stay"
These rooms are way better then your ordinary extended stay. I most definitely love the various of space in the fully equipped kitchen. The ladies at the front desk were also a huge assistance when I needed them.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We truly appreciate your comments regarding our helpful staff. We are glad that you had a great stay and enjoyed your spacious, fully equipped kitchen. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Monae
Satisfactory
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
The staff was nice but the hotel is very old and everything is outdated. I bet it was very nice in 1992.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are sorry to hear that you felt our hotel was outdated; however, we are glad that you found our staff to be friendly and enjoyed our pool. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again in the future.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Nona
"Room Condition"
Hotel staff very friendly and nice. The maid was very lax. The bathroom had a few sheets of toilet tissue. No full roll. No wash cloths. The stool had the lid up with toilet bowl cleaner in it. The office girl promptly brought the missing items. Needs alot of updating, looked like it had been in a flood.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are glad that our staff provided you with quality service and were able to fix the issues in a timely fashion; however, we are disappointed to hear that your room was not up to your standards. We will be working with our housekeeping staff to make sure we are properly cleaning and stocking rooms. Thank you again for your review. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Cash
"Nice hotel not too far from St Louis area"
Hotel was nice, clean, and a great deal for the money I spent. Stayed there for the weekend while there for a hockey tournament. Staff was friendly, I'll definitely stay here again
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Overnight stay"
The staff was helpful and courteous. Bed was comfortable and clean. On the minus side- An unfortunate incident, after I walked into my room, a maintenance person tried to get in, luckily I had the chain on! Made me nervous for rest of my stay. The carpet by the window night stand was damp and room needed updates. I was disappointed that kitchen was not stocked with basic utensils (silverware, plates, etc), so kitchen was not really usuable. (Using the kitchen was what appealed to me when I booked room). Not a Kleenex in sight! Grab and Go breakfast was measly. First time to stay at this brand hotel, probably will not be going back.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
"um...."
Staff were very rude when we arrived, hotel was not very clean. Room was ok, breakfast was nasty hard muffins. Definitely not the best hotel I have visited.
2 night business trip Jul 9, 2014
"st louis airport"
There are two Extended Stays next door to each other at this location. This is the lesser of the two properties. This property overall is showing a lot of use and is in need of hallway upgrades, but it appears to be from use not abuse. The room needed a complete paint job and detailing. Room was clean, shower was clean and the bedding was in good clean condition. Location was excellent if you seek to be near the St Louis Airport, with reasonable dining choices nearby. Overall a reasonable experience for the price.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
Giaco V.
"Ext Stay StL"
Room did not get made up after first night. Not good by comparison to other Ext. Stays
2 night business trip Jun 19, 2014
Steve R
Stayed here passing thru to Denver. Hotel had old musty/smokey smell as soon as I entered the lobby and didn't get any better in the room. Each time I approached the front desk there was socializing going on and I felt like I was interrupting a conversation. Everything was I suppose as clean as it could be, for what they were working with. My only true complaint is the tub was moving beneath my feet, didn't drain and shower curtain was 6" too long which meant it was soaked, and I'm sure not washed after each guest. After being shunned to the airport area with no downtown vacancies, I left the next morning rested and happy I saved a few $$, but if my stay was extended it wouldn't be here.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Dan - Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I am sorry that you had issues with your shower curtain and tub not draining. I will work with our maintenance staff these items corrected. Also, I apologize that you weren't given a higher level of service from our associates. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure this does not continue in the future. I am glad that you saved some money during your stay with us. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
dan
Very pleased....Very clean and quiet.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"Rooms very old and outdated, but service was GREAT"
The rooms were very old and needs updating badly, only thing new was the bed and bed linen. Kitchen was from the 80's and so was the flooring. I think alot of the residents live there also. Lobby is updated how most extended stay hotels are, but the rooms are another story with old old furniture too. But it was not as bad as it looked b/c the service was great, all the lady's at the front desk for my two nights were very accommodating and friendly!
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not pleased with the overall condition of our hotel. Your comments regarding needed updates will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Still, I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with the great service provided by our staff. I will be sure to share your kind comments with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night trip May 3, 2014
"there are 3 hotels with same name in this area"
I stay was good. However, the first room I was assigned had a bad mildew smell that air freshner could not cure. The second room offered was much better, bigger and unscented. There was no 'do not disturb' sign in the room. There was only one garbage can in the room. I do not care for the small bar of soap (1) in the room and no extra blanket. Hotel staff was polite and accommodating.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Veronica - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that your first room had a smell. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. Still, we are grateful to know that we were able to accommodate you with a better room. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 night family trip Apr 23, 2014
veronica
"Room accomodations were great"
Just spent one night at this hotel. Room was clean - in great shape. Walls were kind of thin - could hear other guests.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Linda - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know about the noise disturbance you experienced from neighboring guests. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with comfortable stay overall. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Good basic lodging for the price if all you are looking for is a clean place to sleep. Location is just off the main drag, so there is no street noise. The only down side is the lack of restaurants in the immediate area.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Ned - Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our quiet location and the cleanliness of your room. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your stay with us in the future.
4 night trip Apr 10, 2014
Ned
"Good stay but can use some renovations"
The place smells like stale smoke and the whole hotel can use new carpeting. Other than that the stay was pretty good. The staff are very friendly. On the adjacent building is a newer Extended Stay America Hotel. If you can stay there instead of the old Extended Stay America Hotel, then it's even better!
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
mtb10s
It could of been a Lil better... Like the newer 1's.... nt safe there....
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that our hotel did not meet your needs. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I am working with our staff to improve our offerings and ensure that we are making all of our guests feel safe at all times. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night romance trip Mar 29, 2014
"Staff with Aloha :)"
Monica and Shannon were miracle workers helping to clear up a booking error made by Expedia with our short stay there. Thank u both!!!
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Mona - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It's great to hear that you found our staff to be so helpful during your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Mona
very must enjoyable
3 night trip Feb 17, 2014
terry rhodes`
I wanted cheap, clean, and convenient location. The first room was dirty and the easy chair was broken - almost tipped over, and when I told the front desk, they immediately moved me to another room which was clean and satisfactory. You get what you pay for, but it could be a lot worse. I'd go again. They were willing to work with me and I appreciate that. Nice to have a fridge and microwave and sink and stove.
2 night trip Jan 31, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
So really, what do you expect? I was on a tight budget and the Extended Stay had the cheapest rates. My room was cleanin the aspect that I didn't find any bugs, etc. But after a good scrubbing of clorox foam spray, my room was probably the cleanest in the hotel. Basically, it has all the bare minimums. You get what you pay for. Just be prepared to clean first yourself before settling in. The most annoying thing is that the hall ways smell really bad.
14 night business trip Jan 12, 2014
"You get what you pay for. WiFi did not work"
I wasn't expecting much so I wasn't overly disappointed. You get what you pay for. But one thing that was upsetting was the lack of internet connection. I mean they had WiFi, but the code given to me did not work, no matter on how many computers and smart phones I tried it on. The girl at the reception was useless.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that you were unable to access our wireless server. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is being retrained on how to access our new server password. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night trip Jan 1, 2014
I reserved this room online for a friend of mine in which I gave them the reservation number and the reservation details. the staff was unwilling to allow them to stay thereeven though it was paid for in full. consequently my friend had to sleep in their car and with temperatures dipping into the teens. not a very nice experience
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your friend was unable to check into our hotel; however, it is our policy, for safety and security reasons, that the person’s name that is on the reservation is the only person who can check in the room and sign for payment. In response to your feedback, I am going over our company's policies with my front desk staff it insure this policy is never broken. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip Dec 17, 2013
"very cozy"
always a pleasant stay
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
christopher
"You get what you pay for!"
Room was comfortable, as we were there over thanksgiving there was no service one of the days. One room had to be changed as water damage was collapsing the ceiling in the bathroom. My room the air did not work properly. Sound traveled easily through the wall. Room next to mine had a family with aaother that did nothing but yell at her children for two days. Had to have TV volume turnrd up to hear and dround out the crying kids and cover up the screaming woman.
2 night trip Nov 27, 2013
"Cheap Hotel"
They aren't up to date, but they are cheap, moderately clean, and close to the airport. You stay here because you are on a budget and cooking your own food instead of going to restaurants while in town.
2 night trip Nov 16, 2013
Rebecca
"A hotel close to a nice hotel"
I had stayed in Extended Stay America, Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas and I absolutely loved it. I expected this to be a similar kind of experience. Apparently not so. The whole place smells weird. It reminds you of one of those hotels from a horror movie where someone is going to die. It looks murky, dingy (and a few other crazy adjectives can be filled here) No coffee maker (On hindsight, should I have asked for one?) The towels were dirty. I could have asked them to replace it, but are'nt they supposed to be replaced before someone moves in (I had my own and it felt a lot of trouble worrying about those? I wanted to take a print out (seriously, just ONE page) and I was suggested I pay and get some copies from a store nearby. It is not like, I asked them get me a print out of the full novel Harry Potter and The Order of the phoenix. Apart from that, the hotel staff were really friendly. On accident, I stopped at an Extended Stay Hotel right next door (I guess, Lindberg area) It looked way better compared to this one. I honestly, do not even know why they have this one still in operation. Totally not worth what you pay for.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness, missing coffee maker, and general feel of the hotel is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I met with the staff, and we are currently deep cleaning and renovating our lobby to ensure that this experience is not repeated. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"perfect location"
The staff was very friendly. Everyone seemed happy. Guest and Staff. The grab and go breakfast was perfect for our adventure that morning. The hotel was very clean .
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding how friendly the staff was and the grab and go breakfast. Also, I am pleased you found your accommodations clean and comfortable. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
Cella
"I'm surprise about my stay, this is a good one."
This was one of the better Extended Stay America that I've stayed at in while. I travel 100% of the time.
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2013
"Exactly what I needed"
I had to book a room in under 24 hours and found a deal on Expedia at the Extended Stay America for $50/night. It was the perfect room and way cheaper than it was worth. Monica, the front desk person, was compassionate and helpful and I felt safe arriving late in the night. The morning staff were all smiles and even called a taxi for me. Thank you.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Aram - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the front desk staff was so helpful and compassionate, especially Monica. I will be sure to share your comments with her and the entire team. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
Aram
"nasty hotel"
nasty hotel sheets dirty bath room not cleaned floor wasnt vaccumed.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The cleanliness issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are allocating additional hours to deep clean your room. As well, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Ant
"Great Service!"
I stayed 2 nights with a day in between and needed an upgrade on both nights which they were more than accommodating! The building is a little older but worth the value and I didn't have any issues with the neighborhood. Angela, Stephanie and Monica were very helpful!
1 night trip Sep 17, 2013
Mr. Rodriguez
There was a bad smell throughout the hallway on third floor. Hallway doors are hard to open and make a lot noise when close.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"st Louis"
the staff was very kind and helpful they went out of there way to be helpful. the room was nice and clean. swimming pool was nice and clean. breakfast was simple and good coffee, muffins and fresh fruit.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your stay here at our hotel. I'm glad to hear that we had all of the amenities you were looking for. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
jere
"Just what i needed."
May need a place to stay for a few weeks.I am seriously looking to relocate to the St. louis area.
3 night business trip Aug 5, 2013
jerry
"Adequate but not especially nice hotel"
This place was pretty basic - so don't expect anything fancy, like a box of klenex in your room, or hooks to hang clothes on the back of your bathroom door. We didn't even get a remote for the TV! This is the older of two Extended Stay America hotels which are besically back to back with each other (the other is Extended Stay America - Lindbergh Boulevard). We went to the Lindbergh one first since it's nearer to I-70 and then got redirected. The Chapel Ridge Road hotel is two quick right turns away from the other, but it looks like a brick barrack building built in the 50s or 60s. There's no elevators and you have to use steps to get to any of the floors. Our room was numbered in the 100s. We went down the steps and felt like we were in the basement, but when you open the window, you're basically at or near ground level. The room was adequate and had apparently been painted to more up to date greens and earth tones in the last couple of years, but the hallways seemed dingy, didn't smell very good, had nasty brown carpet, and the lights flickered. Our other major complaint was that the walls and ceilings seemed thin and we could hear the nighbors quite a bit. Anyway, we would probably pay more to stay elsewhere before we would do this again....
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2013