All hotels in Hazelwood, Missouri, United States of America
155 Chapel Ridge Road, Hazelwood, MO, 63042, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Adequate but not especially nice hotel"
This place was pretty basic - so don't expect anything fancy, like a box of klenex in your room, or hooks to hang clothes on the back of your bathroom door. We didn't even get a remote for the TV! This is the older of two Extended Stay America hotels which are besically back to back with each other (the other is Extended Stay America - Lindbergh Boulevard). We went to the Lindbergh one first since it's nearer to I-70 and then got redirected. The Chapel Ridge Road hotel is two quick right turns away from the other, but it looks like a brick barrack building built in the 50s or 60s. There's no elevators and you have to use steps to get to any of the floors. Our room was numbered in the 100s. We went down the steps and felt like we were in the basement, but when you open the window, you're basically at or near ground level. The room was adequate and had apparently been painted to more up to date greens and earth tones in the last couple of years, but the hallways seemed dingy, didn't smell very good, had nasty brown carpet, and the lights flickered. Our other major complaint was that the walls and ceilings seemed thin and we could hear the nighbors quite a bit. Anyway, we would probably pay more to stay elsewhere before we would do this again....
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2013
dmarkwind
"Very God Property"
Rooms were clean and fresh. Personnel were courteous and friendly. Locations was easy to reach from the interstate. Compared to single stay motels, we received much more for our money spent here.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2013
"great staff"
The staff was so friendly and were very helpful during my stay. Unfortunately my air conditioner stopped working and the staff member that I reported it to wrote it down. When I checked out, the morning staff was unaware that I had this problem and gave me a guest compensation. It is not the greatest hotel but they made it pleasant. Very small pool. 20 min from downtown. 10 min from airport. 5 min from Boeing.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
I appreciate your great remarks about the staff. We appreciate you letting us know that you had an issue with the air conditioner in your room upon your check-out. Please know, this has been repaired since your stay and I can assure you that will not happen again. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with great service and a great location. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 night trip Aug 1, 2013
"Amazing Staff!"
We were visiting a friend in St. Louis, and the staff made us feel very welcome! They treated my son with such kindness and love. They talked to him and knew us by name after only an hour of being there. The breakfast wasn't continental, but it was a "grab-n-go" kind of breakfast. It was okay, because the staff made sure we had everything we needed. The actual hotel and room were good, but the staff is why I'll be going back to this one again!
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Tenessa - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about the hotel and staff. I am proud of our team for providing such great customer service to you and your son during your stay. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
Tenessa
"Provided the basics"
This is a no-frills hotel that gave me what I needed: a place to sleep and shower. The location is tricky b/c street signage is poor. It's actually very close to another extended stay hotel, which looked a little better kept. But the staff was good, the breakfast was okay, and it felt relatively safe.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Greg - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was disheartened to read that it was slightly challenging to find our hotel. Still, I am glad that our staff provided you with good service and that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Make sure check the condition of room"
First was introduced to a room on 1st floor, it smelled terribly, furnishing was completely out of date. Requested to move to another room, then was brought to 2nd floor which is above ground, the hotel is on a split level structure. It was much better. Hotel staff was very nice throughout the process.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
"Average"
This should be called Hotel Average. The incredibly nice staff made up for the very average room quality. If you're looking for a reasonably priced place to stay for a night, I would definitely recommend this, but I probably wouldn't actually stay very extended.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you found our staff to be so incredibly friendly and helpful. As well, it is great to know that you liked your room. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"Dissapointing"
Room had a smoky smell. The hallways had a terrible smoky smell. Sheets were not clean. Room had no cofee pot but did have sugar and cream available. Had to go to the front desk to request some tea bags. The only pan available, which I had to use to heat up some water was dirty.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"Friendly staff"
The staff was friendly and accommodating every time. The hotel seemed older and had a strong musty smell. Only there for two nights and met our needs. Price was right.
2 night business trip Jun 18, 2013
"Replacement hotel"
The rooms needed a lot of help. it has not been updated for a very long yime. Although the bathrooms were cleans the tub and sink need replacement.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"Extended Stay America, St. Louis"
I was not at all happy with the amenities offered, in that I feel like I was misled by the ratings and listing on the website, specifically the "continental breakfast" which was breakfast bars and apples. Coffee was not maintained in the lobby and the location is in an high industrial lower class neighborhood. For a few dollars more, we could have been located in a higher class neighborhood, with many more available amenities.
1 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2013
"Questionable surroundings"
The hotel staff were very pleasant. The room was suitable clean but not outstanding. All I needed was a bed and a pillow and I got that. I was thinking I might be staying in a hotel that was half way between a homeless shelter and an apartment building.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Laura - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am so glad that our staff was friendly and helpful to you during your visit. Still, I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. Our housekeeping staff is looking into your comments to ensure we correct the issue now and moving forward. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
1 night trip May 31, 2013
"great place"
Great people very helpfull and nice! I stayed here one week and booked again. This a very good place for the price.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
The team and I appreciate your great remarks. We are very happy to know you were satisfied with your stay. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Thanks.
4 night business trip May 25, 2013
"East Bloc Cold War Style"
Wow, what a time warp. Grim lighting, and then up the stairs to a stripped down hallway lacking carpeting, fairly unsavory atmosphere, but perhaps the room would be fine. No bath towels, one frayed small hand towel, grubby looking tub (darn I didn't have flip flops) and ratty peeling veneer on the sink cabinet. Scraped up furniture and a charmless 1970s peagreen Barcalounger chair...really? I have haven't seen such style since Jerry Ford was in office. Didn't put anything into the crooked closet shelving. Bed looked OK, nice flat screen LG TV. Functional kitchen but very dated style. This was room 308. Dubious bathtub surface was due to age and peeling surface. All in all, very tired place. Room carpet could use a cleaning. Very responsive front desk staff re: towels. Brought up some right away. Meager "breakfast" but excellent hi-test coffee. WiFi was free. Easy access, but a bit hard to find. No, I won't be back.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room did not exceed your expectations. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be taking extra steps to ensure that all of our guest rooms have linens provided moving forward. We are also currently renovating our hotel, and it sounds like you arrived during this time. I apologize for any inconvenience this caused. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night trip May 18, 2013
"Close to Airport"
Great place to stay especially if you have an early morning flight to catch. The staff were also very helpful and very nice! :)
Other trip May 21, 2013
"Good hotel for the price"
Hotel was nice enough for what we needed. We did get a smoking room which was really overpowering when we walked in. We saw this problem on a review before we came, so we brought a couple candles which did the trick. I didnt use the coffee maker or any of the kitchen utensils. Coffee maker didnt look exactly clean and there was leftover noodles on strainer. Room didnt come w kitchen soap so i couldnt wash anything.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel; however, we apologize for the slight smoke odor in your room and for offering unclean kitchen items. To uphold our company's high standards, we working to eliminate this odor and are updating our cleaning procedures to include a thorough inspection of all guest kitchens moving forward. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
3 night trip May 16, 2013
"too short of stay"
The staff are nice the location not so good it close to a cemetery its ok but I requested non smoker but the pillow I was using had terrible cigarette smell.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your pillows smelled held a slight smoke odor. Our housekeeping staff is working to eliminate this immediately. As well, I am disheartened to read that our location was not ideal. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night business trip May 16, 2013
"worth the money spent on the booking."
friendly staff and comfortable room for the price.
Other trip May 18, 2013
"Enjoyed my stay"
Was a little bit hard to find at first. Could see the sign from the road but the street was not as visible. Seemed to be in an industrial part of town but still close to everything. Hotel Staff was great. Got a followup phone call about 30 min in my room to check that everything was satisfactory. Would stay here again.
1 night trip May 6, 2013
The room was comfortable and there was very little traffice and little noise in the hotel. The staff was very friendly and very customer service oriented.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you had found your room to be comfortable and quiet. As well, that our staff provided you with great customer service. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
1 night trip May 4, 2013
The lady that checked me in was fantastic. She was friendly and polite and very helpful!
1 night trip Apr 29, 2013
Handy location by airport. Staff very friendly. Dated but clean. Will stay again.
Business trip Apr 29, 2013
"Great Staff! Great Price! Great Room"
I loved that I wasn't charged for checking in early, nice bedding sheets not the usual ugly floral beddings I hate to see, big fridge, nice tv, nice body massage soap bar, quick free snack breakfast. Great price. Amazing staff that attended to my needs. Greeted me everytime I left and entered building :) The only complaint I have which isn't a big deal is that the smoking and non smoking rooms are on the same hall on opposite sides so the non smoking can smell smoke in the hall. That hallway has smoke damage so smoke stains on the carpet but not really a big deal because inside the rooms are nice and clean. Not a big deal and you can't notice it unless you're looking for it. Great time here.
1 night trip Mar 23, 2013
"Not too bad if all you need is a place to sleep."
This is an "extended stay" place so don't expect the usual hotel services. Unless you are staying 7 or more days, you aren't going to get any kind of maid service without paying extra for it. Towel and linen exchange is available at the front desk. The people we encountered at the front desk were extremely nice. Our room had a microwave, full size refrigerator, sink, range and a table with 4 chairs in a very small kitchenette area right next to the queen size bed. There was just enough room to sit at the table if no one had to get by. The lazy boy type chair had seen better days and had several cigarette burns in the fabric. There were dishes in the cabinets but no soap to clean them and a card in the bathroom stated that dishes would not be cleaned even if you got maid service. Since we were only staying for 2 nights, we just got chinese delivered the first night and went to a nearby grocery for food and plastic dishes the second day. Our room was supposed to be "nonsmoking" but it was obvious by the stains on the edges of the bathroom counter that this was not always so. There was one small bar of hand soap and a little larger bar for the shower in the bathroom but none at the kitchen sink and no shampoo. The bed was comfortable and the heating/cooling unit worked but was a bit loud as was the fridge that seemed to be running every 15 min. The walls of this place are very thin as we could hear the tv and kids playing from the room across the hall from us.
2 night trip Mar 8, 2013
"Awesome price.....awesome room."
The room was clean and cozy. Totally renovated and pleasantly furnished. It's no resort, but it was definitely an all inclusive room.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2013
My room was great for the price. New bed with new linen. room clean, but carpet is very worn. Grea for the price.
4 night trip Dec 3, 2012
Brad
"Great hotel for early morning flights!"
I had an early morning flight out of Lambert, so used Expedia to find me a hotel near the airport. I arrived around 4pm and was greeted very nicely by a lovely lady named Lillie. Every time she saw me that evening she made sure to ask me how I was doing and if there was anything she could do for me. The hotel room was clean, quiet and served its purpose well. This is obviously an older hotel, but for a business traveler heading to the airport for an early flight it works well. The neighborhood is very urban, but also safe. I had no problems at all and everyone I ran into was nice. When I arrived I was practically the only car in the lot. When I got up at 4AM to leave the lot was full. So it apparently is a popular place with travelers such as myself. It's an airport hotel, so don't expect crystal and marble floors. However, it's a great place to stay and I will definitely be staying here again if I have to catch another early morning flight!
Other trip Dec 9, 2012
Robbie
"Family Visit"
Management was very warm to me, but professional as well. I will likely stay with them again.
3 night trip Nov 5, 2012
R. Brooker
"Near the airport"
This location was full of value--price paid for the type of facility (extended stay hotel), but the front desk service was most outstanding!
2 night trip Oct 30, 2012
Ron B
"WE LOVED THIS PLACE!!!"
The friendliest staff ever!! Will never stay anywhere else when in St. Louis!!!
1 night business trip Nov 1, 2012
Lynne & KC
"Carpeting was filthy."
The carpeting was extremely filthy. Needs replacing or steam cleaning. The easy chair was also very dirty. Also had some noise from other rooms late on Friday night.
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
"feel like home"
Not very convenient for people who do not have a car.
Other trip Oct 28, 2012
Yi
The best thing about the stay was the employees, who were more or less willing to help out if needed... but just walking into the first floor, I smelled lots of smoke and dinginess. The bed sounded like it was either the cheapest one available (5 years ago) or just had never been replaced ever. I also didn't want to turn on the AC for fear it'd cough out whatever dirt and stuff it had all over the vents...
1 night trip Oct 6, 2012
Nathan
"Easy highway access"
Facility was clean. Staff was very helpful. Area seemed quiet. Not a lot of noise from other guests.
2 night trip Oct 7, 2012
Lori
"studio room"
Nothing like the pic's but I needed some where to sleep in the area. Next time I'm going back to America's extended stay. Very clean place at the same price.
Business trip Oct 1, 2012
mike
Front desk person was amazing,,, friendly, nice helpful.. This hotel needs updating on inside. Outside is fine. Hallway carpet is old and worn, The 1st room we had to be moved from, I can deal wiith a lot but when the fire alarm went off when I turned on the heater I was done. Second room was better and looked like a new wall heater and bathroom better but carpet still old and worn and a soft spot on the floor room 205 next to bed
1 night trip Sep 24, 2012
david
"Fantastic Stay"
The room was clean and very efficient. It was comfortable and I loved the kitchenette. I wish I could have stayed there longer.
Other trip Sep 18, 2012
Dana
"Homey and great price."
Hotel was nice for the money. Staff was friendly. We were not in the room much but the carpet was filthy and bed could use an update. I didn't know it was an extended stay and no regular hotel services would be given but, because of the location and knowing what to expect next, time I would stay again. Liked the kitchen, made it more at home feeling.
3 night business trip Sep 6, 2012
Lakeisha
"Friendly Staff, Old Facilities"
The other reviewers are right - the hotel could use a little love! The staff were very nice, always cheerfully greeting me as I walked through the lobby. The facilities were dated and it was evident in the carpet, cabinetry, the walls, and some of the furniture that this place had been around for quite some time. The furniture and the carpeting everywhere are in dire need of replacement/deep cleaning, and the walls could use a fresh coat of paint. However, I did not have any issues with bugs, nor did I feel my room hadn't been cleaned before I got there. Would have liked a box of Kleenex, but hey, it was cheap, so I won't complain. Also would have liked a better location, but part of that is my own darn fault for picking a hotel too far from where I spent most of my time.
3 night trip Aug 31, 2012
"Okay for the price"
The property is a bit difficult to find at night, so have a GPS or pay very close attention to the tiny street signs. Overall, the property is clean, but the carpets show a lot of wear throughout the facility, so be prepared for an old-looking facility. The staff were friendly and seemed helpful. We stayed 4 nights, fairly low rates, so my expectations were not terribly high. The kitchenette was fine--would be great for a family wanting to prepare a few meals there and not eat out all the time. Bathrooms are tiny. TV was newer and worked well. Free Internet--decent connection. Again, the room was good enough for my purposes, but don't expect something bright, shiny, or spacious or you will be disappointed.
4 night trip Aug 30, 2012
Cody C

"Good price and no complaints"
It met my expectations being close to the airport, cheap and a reasonable room with a full kitchenette.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
very bad hotel, for the 10days there was no cleaning worst hotel i have stayed
9 night trip Jun 21, 2013
"Lovely hotel."
Lovely large clean room & bathroom. Comfy bed & pillows. Kitchenette with fridge & microwave & sink. Large tv. Ok breakfast. Friendly staff. Enjoyed my stay here and it would make a great spot for a longer stay in St Louis.
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with all the amenities we provided in your room. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night trip May 14, 2013

"Agradavel, bom custo beneficio, medio conforto"
Hotel bem cuidado, localização boa para viajante, não longe do aeroporto, quartos novo e bem equipado. Layout do imóvel deixa a desejar: 3 pavimentos sem elevador, lobby em piso acima da recepção e pavimento inferior abaixo do lobby dificultam transporte das malas de e para os quartos. Check in foi permitido sonente às 15:30 por não ter quarto arrumado. A senhora que atendeu nosso check in foi ríspida e grosseira, mas depois não a vimos mais na recepção nos dias seguintes. Depois, as recepcionistas que permaneceram foram muito simpaticas. Obs.: pratos e talheres só foram colocados após solicitados. No geral, recomendo para curtas permanências.
6 night trip Aug 17, 2014
AR
"excelente"
Muy buena!
Response by Extended Stay America - St Louis -Airport -Chapel Ridge Road
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that your stay with us was excellent! Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
3 night business trip May 29, 2013