All hotels in Kowloon, Hong Kong

Great amenities
  • Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Awesome vibe
"Good location and thats it..."
Was looking forward to staying at the famous ShangRi La and was completely disappointed with my stay. When I booked the reservation, I requested for 3 things, a harbor view, two twin beds and non-smoking. When I arrived, I was told we had the harbor room but only a king bed and smoking. And that other rooms will not be available until the next day, not a great start... Walking into the room it was quite spacious with a nice view of the harbor but the putrid smell of cigarette buds was overwhelming, YUCK! Then we had to wait awhile for a roll away bed, just not the impression I was hoping for considering the price we had to pay to stay there. The room itself is very dated, the cable TV was unwatchable due to static in their cable lines. The bathrooms were clean but felt like 1980's caesars palace. The rooms are due for a long overhaul and update. The lobby is probably the nicest thing about the hotel. I wrote an email to the GM about my stay since he initially contacted me. He said he was going to comp me another night by sending a voucher but I never received it. Goes to show you the customer service is not up to par from the top down. There are plenty of other hotels in the area, if you have the money to stay at the Ritz Carlton or W Hotel, they would probably be the better option. If you happen to across the bay, I would highly recommend Mira Moon, its a newer chic hotel but the staff is top notch and the rooms and amenities are first class.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Jasen
"one of the best"
A must hotel to stay in Hong Kong
2 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Great Place for a Home Away from Home."
Every thing positive. The place, the staff, and the stay - all superb experience.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Simon
"Quick layover in Hong Kong"
We had a 24 hr layover in Hong Kong and decided we wanted to stay someplace special. What a find! The hotel staff were unbelievably attentive and we ate lunch at their Chinese restaurant and dinner at their casual dining place. We don't usually eat on hotel properties, but these two restaurants were amazingly good and both with excellent service and food. We wished we could've stayed longer as it was such a special place with beautiful views off the city.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
Brenda
"Treated like Royalty!"
WE were treated so well at the Shangri-la in Hong Kong we felt like royalty! The staff, the accomodations, the public areas all exceeded our expectations! The locations was perfect! It is close to the Avenue of Stars, the Star Ferry, the Art Museum, the MRT and even McDonald's!
2 night family trip Mar 14, 2014
"Excellent Choice for the Hong Kong Area"
An EXCELLENT hotel!!! Very friendly staff and room was superb!! Highly recommended!!!
2 night trip Mar 16, 2014
Doug & Chris Reed
"Sound Insulation in rooms is poor"
Scent used in the Lobby will give you headache. I couldn't sleep easily because of poor sound insulation in the rooms...
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
Hawraa
I thoroughly enjoyed staying there - they greeted me as the car pulled up and they escorted me to my room directly and checked me in at the room. No lining up to check in and with that, it started my stay on a perfect note. Everyone was so courteous and always ready to assist even in carrying my bags when I came back from shopping. Location was perfect short walk to train station.
3 night trip Feb 10, 2014
Sandra B
"nice harbor view hotel"
generally a nice hotel but not as expected as a 5 star class with following pros and cons: pros: really amazing harbor view if you could get one, nice hotel staff who put two twin beds together as soon as they found three guests stay in the room cons: too crowded in the lobby and feel not very well welcomed, not a luxury hotel experience
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
"Beautiful and spacious rooms, 5 star location."
Excellent location, with helpful staff. Beautiful vies of harbor, near Starr ferry and Nathan Road. Rooms are comfortable with plush amenities.
Other trip Jan 25, 2014
Earle
"ok"
ok
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2014
LIU
"You can't go wrong with Shangri La kowloon"
A truly great 5 STAR experience for this hotel. This is our first experience with Shangri-La and we booked 3 rooms and stayed for 3 nights just before Xmas 2013. Great location, opposite the MTR station, posh yet warmth and almost personalised service- from conceirge, check-in to room service. Love the personal touch of welcome in-room complimentary chinese tea- serve in a beautiful tea port. What impressed me the most - the close attentions we received from Shangri-La's staff across the board- this including the GM who tried to help my daughter with her double baggage. Well Done, Shangri-La, I will definitely return again, soon.
3 night trip Dec 20, 2013
ken wong
"Week in HK"
Excellent location. Pleasant and courteous staff. Double beds should be queen to accommodate families with young kids. Horizon Club is nice to spend some time in.
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
Shawarma
"Great hotel with good service and good location"
We experienced really good service from the moment we arrived. . The rooms are reasonably large with good decor and a good sized bathroom. We had a view of the city across the bay. The concierges were quite helpful. This hotel is quite busy and we had an instance when we could not get into the restaurants as they were full, due to traffic apparently from onsite meetings. That is the only issue we experienced as we were well attended in every other respect. Incidentally, there are several shopping areas in the vicinity of the hotel. We would certainly return to this hotel.
1 night trip Dec 9, 2013
"View of a wall."
I choose this hotel as I was told the view was beautiful. I also booked a single room King bed. When I arrived they had me within a twin bed room. I asked for my King which they found. It had a sweaping view of a wall and was as far from the elevator as possible. Not impressed at all. Second time I've stayed at a Shangri-La and second time I've not been impressed.
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2013
Mason
"Comfort and good condition of my room"
Very good
3 night trip Dec 5, 2013
M. Chan
"Great Hotel but pricey"
We like TST East so the location is perfect for us altho not everyone. All are great, especially the view of the harbor from the lobby seating. There is a cart in the lobby serving coffee and breakfast rolls. We buy our breakfast there-- we like it simple, not the buffet type. Staff is very helpful, the concierge desk is never crowded that we didn't have to wait long to get help. If it had not been the $$$$$, I would have given it a 5 star rating.
Other trip Nov 28, 2013
Niki
"It is a good experience always"
it is nice
6 night business trip Nov 9, 2013
Terry
"One of the finest hotels in the world."
Need I say more? From the moment you arrive you are greeted outside by Edward and the entire staff makes you feel at home. The scent when you arrive into the lobby is amazing. The bellman, hostesses, restaurant staff and room staff will go beyond you every expectation. Have stayed here 6 times. Are there other great hotels in Hong Kong......sure. But the Shangri La is my home away from home. Thanks to the entire staff.
3 night trip Nov 12, 2013
Don
"Hong Kong in style!"
Excellent
1 night trip Oct 29, 2013
Dr. Ricardo Inzunza
"Kowloon Shangi La, Hong Kong Oct. 2013"
The saff is the best we've experienced! The delux rooms are very large and comfortable. We paid for a room on the Horizon club level. Pricey, but worth it. Free wi FI, breakfast and cocktails 6:00 to 8:00. The breakfast buffet is wonderful. What ever you desires are, they have it.if you have the Horizon club, you do not need a harbor view room because the club rooms have tremendous views. Summary; expensive , but you get what you pay for.
gary B
"One of the top hotels in HK, and indeed the world."
From the welcome to the farewell, the staff was impaccable. We booked for a "partial" oceanview room which turned out to be a glorious two-room suite. Hope yu can be equally lucky. Yes, it had that "partial" ocean view but that was just fine. With the heavy smog, you wouldn't want to pay more to have a fuller view of the smog. All in all, a totally comfortable room tht felt more like a luxury apartment.
Victor
"One of the top hotels in HK, and indeed the world."
Victor
"Fantastic hotel and staff!"
After 5 weeks traveling in Europe in was great to pamper ourselves on the way home - thoroughly 5 star - superb service, food and ambience - highly recommend !
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
Anita
"very nice hotel"
this is a very nice hotel. I have 1 complaint - I was not offered the upgrade that my friends were offered and it caused us some embarassment. They offered no compensation - only 'sorry, she was new'. Doesn't buy it in my book.
2 night trip with friends Sep 7, 2013
"c"
excellent and in the downtown with all amenities
2 night trip Aug 26, 2013
"Staff are very hospitable."
Nice hostability. Very claen. Every time I go to ahk, will be staying there.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
qpsan
It was a wonderful experience The location is good Stunning design Upscale service Excellent restaurants
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Ahmed H
"Optimal location and luxury"
Such a great staff, very comfortable, accommodating. Opt for breakfast included
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"Great location in Hong Kong Kowloon"
We had been on a tour for 23 days around China and stayed at many Shangri-La Hotels. They are ALL, without exception, really clean, friendly staff, helpful (especially Charlie the Concierge in Hong Kong), outstanding services and food. Location in Hong Kong is excellent. back of hotel is along the waterfront, 5 min. walk to tons of shopping, Art Museum, star ferry. cute restaurants along the waterfront offer a good variety of international foods. Well worth staying here.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
Grammie Gold
"Fabulous hotel and staff"
Best hotel experience ever. Location is good but not great. 15 minutes to Star Ferry. 10 minutes to Shopping district. 2 minutes to Metro (East TsimShaTsui). Great staff. Great breakfast buffet. Italian Restaurant very good but too pricey. Overall excellent experience.
Other trip May 16, 2013
"Proximity to Ocean Terminal"
The Shangri-La Hotel itself is great in every way except for the location. Since I was departing on a ship from the Kowloon ocean terminal, I found that it was actually a couple kilometers farther away than I had expected. Staying at the Penninsulsa Hotel woul probably have been a better choice.
4 night trip Mar 15, 2013
Jay
"Good."
Good hotel.but expensive, can do best.need more motivation.
Other trip Apr 18, 2013
"Outstanding service, comfortable rooms"
The concierge and other staff were exceptionally helpful. I'm trying to find out what brand of mattress is used in the hotel room because I had the best sleep of my life! I've been to HK several times, staying previously in Central, Admiralty and Wanchai. This was my first time staying in Tsim Sha Tsui. The only downside to staying in this neighborhood is the lack of variety in restaurants beyond traditional Cantonese and the super-expensive Western-style ones in the hotels.
Other trip Apr 4, 2013
Debra
"Would not go back to this hotel"
The rooms are quiet nice. However, the hotel is extremely crowded and dont get fooled by the Vicotria harbor view rooms. There a re only a few rooms facing the harbor, the rest of the rooms have a view of the harbor from one of the windows at a certain angle. I was made to wait for nearly 3 hours for a room and did not get the room (King Bed) that i wanted. The front dest kept promising me that I would have my room in half hour every time i checked with them until I got it about 3 hours later. The front desk did not even seem to care that they made me wait for so long nor did they seem to care that they did not provide me with the room that I requested while booking. Very disappointed with this hotel.
Other trip Mar 30, 2013
Vish Ramesh
"Nice if you like Vegas, otherwise not."
There is nothing wrong with the Shangri La . The rooms are clean, the staff polite, so what is the problem? It is almost as if they are just trying too hard. In a really first class hotel you hardly notice that you are in a 5 star hotel, it's more like you just feel comfortable and well cared for. In the Kowloon Shangri La you feel as though they are trying to prove something with an overt show. In addition there is no real style or consistency of style. I suppose the best comparison I could make would be to a very nice Vegas strip hotel. It is perhaps a sort of culture clash that ultimately brings down the Shangri La from a Westerner's perspective. I suspect that most of the visitors at the Shangri La come a culture with very different expectations and it is probably very difficult for the hotel to meet both Western and local expectations at the same time. But again, don't get me wrong, the Shangri La is very nice if you like that sort of thing. If I find myself in Hong Kong again I will probably stay at the Peninsula hotel.
Other trip Mar 29, 2013
captbilly
"More than any money can buy"
Fantastic service! You get more than you can even imagine! Impeccable hotel!
Other trip Mar 28, 2013
Irena
"Wonderful Hotel"
The Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong is a wonderful hotel. The room, service,and general atmosphere is absolutely perfect. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Hong Kong.
Other trip Mar 27, 2013
"The best in HK"
I've stayed at nearly every hotel in HK over the last 25 years. This is consistently the best.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2013
Todd
"Best location - view of Hong Kong harbor"
Perfect location and absolutely would recommend getting a harbor view. Amazing. The breakfast buffet was worth every penny. A+++ for the hotel and everything about it. Will definitely return.
2 night family trip Mar 7, 2013
"Secod nicest Hotel in the World"
Perfect in every way. Only surpassed by the Shaingri-La Kowloon in Hong Kong!
3 night trip Feb 27, 2013
Jane
"Good value and great service"
The hotel is great, and service is excellent, from first arrival to departure. The doorman assisted in hailing a cab, instruction the cab driver how to place the luggage, and even advise on the fare to the airport include toll. The attention to detail is unmatched.
7 night trip Feb 19, 2013
Lawrence
"best location for tourists"
Conviently located in Kowloon. Great music in the evenings at the piano bar. Very helpful reception staff. Extra large king size bed. Quiet.
Other trip Feb 24, 2013
"wonderful stay"
the room was a lot bigger than most of the other hotels that i hv stayed at in HK. the staff was wonderful and a delight. there is a subway right outside the hotel, great location, close enough to the restaurants and shopping but yet far away from the noise.
3 night family trip Feb 14, 2013
melisa

"Perfect weekend getaway in bustling Kowloon"
Loved this hotel. Do not expect a boutique hotel. It is busy but efficient and quite service oriented. Rooms were spacious and quiet. Never heard our neighbors. Huge bathroom which was spotless and looked really new. Wish we stayed longer but only has 2 nights.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2016
Stephen
"Exciting and vibrant city with great food , sights"
Exciting and vibrant city with great food , sightseeing and nightlife.
7 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
Miriam
"A very comfortable hotel"
As usual, a consistently good 5* hotel. The soundproofing, decoration of bedrooms do make you feel safe and comfortable 10,000 miles away from home. Attention is given to all details. My only criticism, if I really want to be picky, would be that the Kowloon hotel is starting to get slightly tired in terms of technology available in bedrooms and TV quality.
2 night business trip Nov 16, 2015
Robin
"A great. Hotel"
This is a good hotel with good service good food and the location is very close to all shopping malls & MTR .
2 night business trip Nov 12, 2015
SG
"Nice hotel in a good location"
We were in Hong Kong for a short stay. We arrived before check-in time but were able to store our luggage with the concierge. Staff were helpful and pleasant on arrival. On checking into our room we were greeted with 'welcome tea'. Our luggage was brought to our room immediately. The concierge was very helpful when needed throughout our stay. Our room attendant was efficient and helpful. In service dining was a pleasant experience. The room was quiet at all times.
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
Retirees
"Nice touch"
Great service, very comfortable rooms. We had to change room and it was the easiest experience ever, even got a handwritten note from the manager and a chocolate box. Service is great.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015