All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
Fifth Avenue at Central Park South, New York, NY, 10019, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Awesome vibe
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
    Bad internet service
"Rooms were nice but disappointed with the service."
We stayed one night in the city to celebrate my husbands birthday. I ordered nice champaign and chocolate covered strawberries to be in our room upon check in; however, they were not delivered. Upon calling, I was transferred around to several different people and everyone claimed to know nothing about the request. The staff them said they would have it delivered momentarily; however, an hour later a bottle of red wine and a few chocolates were delivered. No call to explain or even ask if we drank red wine. I was disappointed with the service and don't understand why champaign was not delivered as requested. On a positive note, we were not charged for the wine and chocolates.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2016
Nicola
"Lovely iconic hotel, missing a few touches"
We decided to splurge and stay at the Plaza with our college age children. Check in went well, we were upgraded with an additional charge, but glad we did. The room was lovely. My only complaint is that there should have been a coffee machine of some sort. Most hotels of this caliber provide a Nespresso or similar machine. Also, most five star hotels like the Ritz or Breakers, will have at least a vessel of infused water or coffee in the lobby for the guests. These are little extras that really cost nothing to the hotel but are nice comforts.
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Guest, I’m pleased to hear the positive remarks about your recent stay with us including check-in and the room. However, I’m disappointed to learn that you were not pleased with the lack of the coffee maker in our rooms. Please be advised that guests may request to have a coffee maker for the duration of their stay and it shall be provided at no charge. We apologize that the option was not conveyed in advance and we hope you’ll stay with us next time your travels bring you back to New York City. Warm regards, Donovan Alicea, Director of Operations
3 night family trip Jan 6, 2016
"We love it here adn try to come every year."
We got a great upgraded room! We were celebrating my daughter's new job and they gave us a couple very nice surprises for that. If I need to add a con, I will have to say we were a bit disappointed because we didn't get turn-down service on our last night.
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Tamara, Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Expedia - we are very thrilled to learn that you and your family had a great time celebrating your daughter's new job. However, please accept my sincere apology for the lack of turn-down service on your last night and please let us what we can do to restore your faith. It would be our pleasure to welcome your return and we hope it is very soon. Warm regards, Donovan Alicea, Director of Operations Warm regards, Donovan Alicea, Director of Operations
3 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2015
Tamara
Everything was fabulous except for the fact our suite did not include wifi. That was surprising. However the plaza is wonderful.
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I certainly appreciate your comments. We are so pleased you chose to stay with us and thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the suite. Please note that WiFi is complimentary when you are a member of our loyalty program, the Fairmont President's Club, and it takes about 2 minutes to enroll. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Warm regards, Donovan Alicea, Director of Operations
3 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
"The Wonders of the Plaza"
We needed two rooms. One room was ready, the other was not. We got a Free Dinner which was over $300, free champagne, free Limo service. They went out of their way to make us happy. They went above & beyond.
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Jill, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I certainly appreciate your comments. We are so pleased you chose to stay with us at The Plaza and honored to hear such positive impressions you have about our staff and service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Warm regards, Donovan Alicea, Director of Operations
3 night family trip Nov 5, 2015
Jill
Everything was great until it took the valet parker 45 minutes to bring me my car and I almost ended up missing my flight. Thankfully I didn't.
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Anita, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I certainly appreciate your comments. I hope that you will accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment with your valet parking, yet, am relieved that it did not prevent you from missing your flight. I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Plaza again. Warm regards, Donovan Alicea, Director of Operations
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2015
Anita
Trip to NYC for my wife's 60th birthday and stayed at the Plaza (her name is Eloise). Everything was fantastic. The staff was very friendly & attentive.
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing The Plaza to celebrate your wife's birthday! We hope to welcome you back again for future birthday celebrations.
1 night romance trip Oct 29, 2015
"First-timer."
First time stay at the Plaza Hotel. It is no doubt one of the nicest hotels in NYC. Everything is first class, from the bellman at the front door to the night slippers at the foot of your bed. Of course, the hotel is VERY expensive - especially the food. However, I left feeling very much pampered and that I got my money's worth !!
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
JustCurious
"Wanna be Ritz ......."
Disappointing experience with the front desk upon checking in & with an Asian gentleman at the Concierge desk....we received 5 star service twice during our stay, with the bellman taking us to our room & with Bill @ the concierge desk. We spent our stay wishing we were at the Ritz
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Guest, I am very disappointed to learn that this stay failed to meet your expectations. Please accept my most sincere apologies. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a true Plaza experience.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
"If You Get to Turn 60, The Plaza NY is the Place!"
I chose to turn 60 at the Plaza, and from the initial greeting when I booked; through to the final farewell from the doorman, I was made to feel very, very special. Knowing that this was an not entirely within my budget, the concierge suggested that I book through Expedia for myself and two best friends, but once the booking was made the hotel staff would take care of me. She could not have been more true to her word. To begin, my room was upgraded to a deluxe suite, complete with King size bed, queen size pullout in the sitting room for my friends, and a bathroom complete with claw-foot tub, oh yes...I had a butler as well who delivered birthday treats throughout my stay, including cocktails in the Palm, and a birthday cake and card from Geoffrey Zakarian. One gentleman, Tyler, Assistant Guest Relations Manager, oversaw and I suspect arranged everything. He seemed to take so much joy in the details of my visit and turned my stay from lovely to life altering (I know that sounds dramatic, but he made me feel like all these wonderful things that happened, was just how life should be.) I understand as well that Tyler provided invaluable help to my friends when making additional arrangements during my stay, rescuing them from a few planning disasters. I have been to many hotels in New York, many four star, the staff have consistently made me feel, that I was privileged to stay with them. Tyler, and all the staff at the Plaza made me feel that they were lucky to have me.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
Gail
"Iconic and Lovely!!!"
I absolutely loved my stay at The Plaza. I was originally worried because it's so iconic, that it might be "old" or outdated for my millennial sister whose wedding engagement we were in town celebrating, but everything was so fabulously elegant; from everyone on the staff, to the amenities, and OMG... our room!!! We loved our room... it was so beautiful and gorgeously appointed. We had brought a special bottle of champagne to celebrate, and The Plaza was so sweet as to provide an additional little fridge for us in the room. In the Business Center, everything was user-friendly and hooked-up appropriately, so no printer problems or running out of paper, nor any charge for printing. The staff was all very friendly, not snooty like another supposedly equally starred hotel we had just stayed at. I truly don't want to stay anywhere else when I'm in New York... The Plaza is THE BEST!!!
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
Daisy
"Home Alone 2 Father/son weekend."
My son and I had a wonderful stay. It was a pseudo-Home Alone 2 experience, without the huge suite. The room was bigger than expected. Bathroom immaculate and huge. We ate lunch at the food hall and had a multitude of choices. We went to a show and had planned a taxi, but a private car was only thirty dollars. BMW 750. It was a splurge but we made the show. Had one drink in the bar. $26. A special gin/cucumber cocktail, one I would never order except it was recommended by the mixologist. It was fantastic. Everything costs a little more at The Plaza, but the "Secret Price" from Hotels.com made it tolerable. Obviously the park, shopping, and some amazing restaurants are nearby. Hope to return with the wife sans kids.
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing The Plaza for a special Father/Son weekend! I appreciate your comments and we hope to welcome you again soon for another getaway.
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
Alan
"Classic New York beauty"
What can I say, it is The Plaza. Wonderful setting and a beautiful, classic hotel. The staff were very attentive. Our only surprise was the cigarette butts all over our balcony:-( Overall a wonderful experience that everyone should treat themselves to at least once!
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. I;m glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. Please excuse us that the balcony was not cleaned properly, and thank you for bringing this to our attention!
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Friends and family"
I would sincerely encourage my friends and family to stay at The Plaza. The rooms, staff, and amenities were exceptional. The Plaza has not lost any of her luster. In fact, she is in superb hands and a cut above many other high class hotels.
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am thrilled to hear that you would recommend The Plaza to your friends and family and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Anne
Very close to Central Park and walking distance to Times Square area
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Exceeded Expectations"
Sister's getaway... Our experience at The Plaza exceeded our expectations. The Champagne Bar was a lovely way to ease into our trip. All staff members were generous with their time and talents to make our trip memorable. Everyone should indulge themselves and The Plaza is great place to start!
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments. I am thrilled to know that your visit exceeded your expectations! Our colleagues at The Champagne Bar will be delighted to learn of your experience. Thank you for choosing The Plaza!
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Beverly
"GREAT DEAL"
VERY EXCITING
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Brittany
"The Heart of NYC"
The hotel was beautiful, stood out for its history and charm and of course the location was excellent. Happy to go back soon.
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing The Plaza as your home in New York City! We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
avid travler
"Simply, the best hotel in the world"
Other than the overall perfection of the establishment, the staff were...just so kind and sincerely considerate. I've never experienced anything like that, and I've traveled all over the world.
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing this wonderful feedback. It makes us so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and experienced such great service. We strive to provide a memorable stay and truly appreciate your feedback.
2 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
Michael A
"Awesome hotel"
My daughter and I visited NYC for a few days. We had a wonderful experience at the Plaza Hotel. The hotel is located next to Central Park and the shops on Fifth Avenue. It's even a short walk to Times Square. Our hotel room was extremely clean and beautifully decorated. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Highly recommend booking a room at the Plaza Hotel to make your stay in NYC a special one.
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Guest, We are delighted that you chose The Plaza for your New York City visit. We hope to welcome you and your daughter again in the near future.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"Worth the price!"
The Plaza Hotel resulted in a fabulous much-needed weekend getaway for my husband! Although a little pricey, it was worth every penny
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing The Plaza for your weekend getaway with your husband. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back again soon!
3 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
"Nice hotel close to Central Park"
I chose to stay at the Plaza for the last night of a 4 night stay in NYC. It was a special time for me and my daughters. I am glad I did it, but won't make that investment again. The highlight of my interactions was with Eddy. He was delightful and truly understood how special the night was for my daughters. But, he is the only one that treated this with a fine touch. Guest room keys didn't work, the doormen chose to talk to one another and ignored us as we needed to get a taxi on two occasions. The wait time for elevators was 25 minutes at checkout time.
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments and please know that I will be sure to share your feedback with Eddy. I was very disappointed to learn that overall your visit did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies for the lack of service you experienced in certain areas. I will also follow up with our doormen directly. Thank you again for your feedback.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
I have always adored this hotel, our recent stay was no exception..fabulous as usual
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"Wonderful 25th Wedding Anniversary"
The hotel and staff were wonderful. It's a beautiful hotel and is a part of New York City history.
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Guest, Best wishes on the celebration of your milestone anniversary! Thank you for choosing The Plaza, as we are delighted to share in this special occasion. We hope to welcome back again soon.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Jeannine
"weekend getaway"
World class hotel. First class accommodations. Highly recommended.
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments, I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"The plaza June 2015"
The plaza hotel is a very nice place to stay , but the restaurant waiters is not the most polite set of workers
3 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
Ravi
"When a brand name doesn't mean in real quality."
The hotel is great and rooms very spacious, even if we were expecting more lobby space, it seems part of the space has been sacrificed to allow the private residence lobby and other services: when you enter you have this big empty room then you have to enter on a side door at your left walk on another room dedicated to as a bar and then you reach the registration desk close the elevators. Our stay was puzzled by several malfunctions in the room: The tv was not working, very time it was switched on we had to call a technician to set up the correct HDMI input, at the third time I gave up and we used our laptop to entertain ourself. The temperature regulator of the shower did not work properly, my wife had a semi cold shower, and I super hot one. The drain of the sink was very slow compelling myself to wash and rinse it several time (i'm shaving myself with a razor). The last one the guest to the next door were extremely loud, it seemed they were inside the the room with us, they laughed and shouted for at least one hour around 1:30 AM. The problem the room had a communication door and the sound insulation was not very effective. Overall considering the price I have spent I really do not think I will come back again. Recently I have been to the Waldorf Astoria, even if is older all the equipments were working fine and the lobby still maintain the wow effect you expect from this kind of hotels, no wonders the President stays at the Waldorf...
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Alfredo
"great oasis"
simply outstanding. Impeccable service throughout property from doormen to lobby to rooms.
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Thanks for your feedback, Rick. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit! Warm regards, Craig Reaume, Hotel Manager
3 night trip with friends Mar 30, 2015
"OOOH, We Absolutely Love the Plaza!"
We just returned from 7 wonderful days in a spacious, luxurious suite at The Plaza. Check in was a breeze, we upgraded to the Edwardian Suite, which was worth every extra $, and when we arrived in our room a surprise was waiting for our daughter from Eloise herself! After reading critical reviews on line we were a bit hesitant but nothing was amiss and our stay could not have been better. Every staff member was kind and helpful. Martin Mariano, the food and beverage manager, personally escorted our 7 year old daughter to meet Mr. Hilary Knight, the creator of Eloise, during our tea at the Palm Court! Mr. Knight was kind enough to sign a copy of "Eloise at the Plaza" and speak to us for a few minutes. We also met the lovely and gracious Allison Williams, the legendary Bernadette Peters and the multi-talented Lena Dunham, whose documentary on Mr. Knight was the occasion for the event. What a fortuitous coincidence and a dream come true. The hotel arranged for a car service to and from the airport, a babysitter for our theater evening, and provided the hotel car to take us to nearby museums. A minor plumbing issue was immediately rectified and housekeeping was thoroughly consistent and immaculate. The food court was so tasty and convenient we ate there almost every day and the 24 hour room service was appreciated after our late night at the theater. Most importantly, the Manhattans and Champagne cocktails in the Rose Club were excellent!
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Rebecca
"Perfect experience"
The staff ofer the upgrade to suite with certain amount , let us experience the nice suite . The staff is very helpful and excellent service
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
wendy
"Exceptional Concierge Service"
Everything you would expect from the Plaza but it was the outstanding concierge service that made our stay outstanding, thank you!
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Perfect weekend at the plaza"
Stayed here with my girlfriend for the weekend in a rose suite. The room was amazing. Room service was delivered in 15 minutes and it was amazing food. The spa was excellent.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Late Winter getaway"
Even arriving in the midst of a persistent snowstorm, we had a tremendously enjoyable visit to NY, and the warm and welcoming staff of the Plaza. The leisurely Palm Court breakfasts were the highlight of the grace and grandeur that defines the Plaza.
2 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
Kent
"Valentine wekebd"
Nice place , little antiquated but comfy. Great location and service
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
joe
"Great hotel close to central park"
having a food court inside the hotel is great at winter time
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Yuryi
"Don't go by its history."
We chose it for its history. The lobby and flowers were beautiful. No coffee in room-that's basic hospitality! Had to call Room Svc for ice. One electric outlet did not work-not fixed after reporting it. Light controls too fussy. Hot water in sink took v long & sink did not drain well.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Love NYC
"Over rated hotel"
Called and asked for a 1pm check in and was told ok. Upon arrival at -pm room not ready. Came back at 5-pm and ready. One chair in room had awful stains on upholstered cushion. The other one was a regular chair that was not suitable to watch tv. Ordered a pot of coffee. $40. A little steep I thought. Will look elsewhere for next time
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"The Plaza..."
Nice!! Room was huge and comfortable as well as bathroom. Good shower, good towels, good bed and pillows! It was hard to leave the bed! Highly recommend.
2 night romance trip Jan 19, 2015
Pedro
"Luxury"
Butler service is best!!
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Biernacki
"Great place, even alone. Well worth it."
All great, but in an $800 per night suite one should not have to pay extra for internet. You must be joking, but not funny. Who is the genius behind that?? It shows greed greed greed, ruins one's illusion of freedom.
1 night trip Dec 23, 2014
peter
"Magical"
The hotel was excellent. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. If you are looking for a special addition to your NYC visit, choose The Plaza.
4 night family trip Dec 3, 2014
Suzanne
"Not what I expected - Great location"
Client satisfaction is not an absolute measure but depends on where your expectations are. My experience with The Plaza NY was not good. Building is very nice but the accomodation are not that good. Light commands in the room are confusing to operate, there was an ipad in the room from where you could also manage lights and AC, but it had some conection issues with the other devices. A TV remote control was not working (might be run out of battery), I called frontdesk to replace it and they never showed up. So, small details that you would not expect in an US$ 800 dollars rate room
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"SPEECHLESS.....PERFECTION!!!!!!"
FANTASTIC!!!!! Lengendary hotel....lengendary stay!!!
3 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
Jose
"Excellent hotel experience"
Excellent hotel experience. I will definitely re moment to our friends.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Leo
"Outstanding service and loved location!"
Very friendly staff and went out of their way to help me with whatever I needed. The rooms were immaculate but would have loved a mini fridge in the room. I would definitely stay there again!
Response by The Plaza Hotel
Dear Guest, I’m so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for your feedback - I appreciate your comments. For your next stay, please let us know of your preference for a mini fridge as we are happy to provide you one complimentary.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Tammy
"Excellent hotel in NY"
The room is totally clean , check in n' out really fast , nice service of front desk assistant , in room dining is great , the butler service is awesome .
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Paurivee
Very bad service works accommodation, not the fact that you will be given that room you booked and paid for and will not apologize too much.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"Outstanding and Beautiful!"
We were in town to drop my son off to his first year Columbia and we were overwhelmed with the things we needed to get done. The hotel and concierge were outstanding in helping us achieve every detail. We had a beautiful room with all the grandness you would expect and after taking our son to his first day, we relaxed in the Champagne Bar..........we needed it. Our every whelm was taken care of and we were treated as if we ownd the hotel itself.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Tammye
"Plaza Perfect"
The Plaza can be summarized as perfect--perfect service, perfect location, and perfect experience of a golden hotel era. I love the Fairmont brand of hotels. Hotel room: the deluxe rooms are clean and of a nice size. Due to the age of the hotel, the rooms are not standard, so sometimes a room is smaller than another of the same type. The bathrooms are beautiful and clean. The bath amenities are Caudelie--very nice. The beds comfortable. Dining: the room service is okay. The selection is good but the food itself is just okay. The kitchen staff is very accommodating. What I suggest is going to the lower level Upscale Food Court below the Plaza. The food is more affordable than room service, and excellent. It is cafeteria style, but great for a quick breakfast or lunch. Billy's cupcakes is amazing! The Champagne Bar was lovely as usual. The servers/bartender will make you anything you wish (even if not on the menu) and the food is nice. The Palm Court was closed for renovations. We usually have afternoon tea there, so we had it in the Champagne Bar. It was good, but some of the ambiance was lost. Location: next to Central Park, and Bergdorfs--can't beat that! Overall, I strongly suggest the Fairmont. I have stayed at the Peninsula, The London and the St Regis. While I enjoy the Fairmont and the Peninsula, the St Regis does not live up to the hype--it smells musty/dank which I cannot stand. The London is a great option too!
4 night trip Aug 18, 2014
J
"The plaza great. Old charm and elegance"
The plaza is aways great and the rooms are always lush and clean. It's expensive but worth it
Other trip Aug 20, 2014