All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
335 Powell Street, San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Shoppers delight"
Location was ideal as our window overlooked Union square. A cable car stop outside the hotel so it can't be beat. There is no other hotel on Union Square. The valet service was very courteous and our room clean. The interior hallways and carpeting seemed a little old and musty but our room was fine.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Natalie
"Amazing hotel, location doesn't get better"
Amazing! The location was perfect! Cool afternoon... Go shopping at Macy's and stop for grilled cheese sandwiches and afternoon tea service at tout sweet on the 3rd floor and people watch at Union Square. Most amazing grilled cheese I've ever had! Hotel had amazing ambiance! So much history! Beautiful place to stay. Only negative was that rooms had paper thin walls...could hear everything outside the room and between rooms sowe were waken several times a night.
3 night business trip May 7, 2015
Madeleine
"Wonderful stay- the weather could've been better!"
Stayed in the front building. Very very friendly staff and excellent service. Everything was perfect. Great place to stay. I'm very particular about the pillows hence the 4
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Westin St Francis Union Square"
Great location right on Union Square. Room was clean and tastefully decorated. Unfortunately the sliding door for the bathroom could barely be moved when we arrived at the room after checking in. We had to call the front desk to have maintenance come up and fix it. This should have been addressed by the housekeeping staff before our arrival. FYI the room rate seems relatively cheap based on the location but you'll be paying $66 a night to park your car and another $20 a day if you plan to use wifi in your room.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"A little dissapointed"
I have stayed at the Westin before my first time there was amazing room was huge and I only paid 200 dollars! My last visit however I was expecting the same room since I paid nearly double, my friends and I get to the room and it is half the size of my last! You can imagine my surprise I would have never even booked it if I knew that. I called management asking if there was anything they could do and both managers I talk to were very rude and basically claimed that I was lying. They did not do anything to put me at comfort or help me. Very dissapointing since I stay in San Francisco a lot and thought I'd found a great place to stay all the time. It is a nice hotel but I hope other people's trips here are more like my first experience and not my second!
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
Desirae
"Great Location, but..."
We were in the older part of the hotel. Although that was neat because of the history of the hotel, our room was a little "tired". We also had to deal with high school students running up and down the hall slamming doors. I think it was prom night for several of the high schools. The staff was very friendly and it is in a great area. However, I think there are probably better values for the money.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Beautiful Stay!"
Very beautiful and Historic building. Service was great!
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Christopher
"Tips on elevator use, $$$$ drinks"
Impressive appearance, felt fancy. Hotel elevators very confusing. Two different ones, went up wrong elevator, then wandered before asking a passing employee. Better explanation at desk would have helped. Drinks too expensive in bar, couldn't get a domestic light beer, then had a marg. literally had 3 sips in it for $15. Left and did not go back during stay. Better off going outside hotel.
2 night family trip Apr 30, 2015
"Noisy Room"
Our room was next to the elevator. We heard the elevators go up and down all night long. The plumbing was very noisy because we heard toilets faucets from other rooms lots of times. The heavenly bed was not very comfortable; it seems that Westin has downgraded the quality of their bedding.
1 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2015
"Wouldn't stay there again."
Front desk/guest services were kind, responsive and tried to be helpful and at face value the Westin looks like a lovely hotel. However, I would not return after my stay. I paid almost $600 per night for this room. My first room was about 150 foot square with a window facing brick wall and another room and grey white walls. TOTALLY clausterphobic and depressing!!! I moved to another room with two double beds, with a small window facing the street. The room was also old but fairly well appointed. The old floor boards rose up under the loose carpet. ZERO insulation…. every night it was a drunken party on the street, complete with a drummer playing solos on buckets. It didn't help any that the room doors are set to SLAM closed. I was miserable. I didn't sleep for the three nights I stayed there. On my first exhausted morning, I rushed out, inadvertently leaving 15 dollars on the bar next to my camera case (leftover change after paying the valet). On my return, I received a note "Thank you for your tip! - The Maid" I wrote back and said "That was not a tip - it was my change from the valet. While I typically tip AFTER receiving service, please keep it and God bless." I received no response to this note. Would not have tipped like that – the beds were horribly made (didn’t even cover the bottom of the mattress) although they were comfortable. I had to remake them to make them comfortable. At $600 per night, I could have stayed at Four Seasons!!
3 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
Leigh
"Amazing"
We have stayed here many times in the past and just absolutely love this hotel.. the beds are so amazing & the staff is friendly and helpful
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"Lovely Property, but unhappy with room location"
We have stayed at the St. Francis a couple of different times and have always enjoyed our stay. I have however seen a trend overall when I make hotel reservations though Hotels.com, this stay included. We tend to be put in undesirable locations at the properties. For this stay, even though I reserved two months in advance for 3 rooms, all 3 rooms were on a low floor with interior facing windows and the rooms were very dark. Loved the hotel, but questioning my use of Hotels.com.
1 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
Juli
"Stay here in SF"
Quick trip. Great location. Good service. Would highly recommend it
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Edward
"Another Great Visit At The St. Francis"
Always love the St. Francis! Service was friendly and efficient as ever. Very comfortable bed with a great view of Union Square.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
"Nicely restored landmark hotel in Union Square"
If you want to be right next to Union Square, then this hotel is a good choice. It is large and well kept. My room was on a lower floor with no view but was quiet as it was isolated from the noise of Union Square. It was large, nicely furnished with walk in closet and a fine bathroom. The staff is very attentive although check in was a little bit of a wait.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Perfect Location"
We had a great girls weekend here! The location was perfect, the service excellent and the room very comfortable. The only suggestion would have been free WiFi in the rooms. All in all, a great stay!
1 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2015
Erin
"Great hotel, great location, great experience"
Stayed in one night instead of going out for dinner and had the most amazing meal at the Oak Room I think it's called downstairs. The service was amazing, and the meal was unbelievable. What a surprise. This is just a good hotel. Great staff, service, and it's beautiful.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
DEB
"New York to ca"
Over night get away for my friend from New York
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Rachel
"Parking is just way to expensive..."
Great area and also close to walk a dog... Son lives there and lots of good restaurants..
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"Excellent location"
We stayed in the older section as requested. Beautiful wide hallways, room large, bathroom updated. Staff was exceptional .
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
edye
"An American holiday"
It was our first trip San Francisco.we enjoyed very moment of it.
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Wynyard
"Squeaking Floor and stumping noises"
Paying over $300 per night but we couldn't sleep until 2 a.m. due to unbearable noises. These started 6:00 a.m again..Very annoying with noisy upstairs over midnight.We complained of the inconvenience but received just a small piece of apologizing letter for noise. Clean room with heavenly beds might be good but SQUEAKING FLOOR,STUMPING NOISE AND CONSTANT WATER RUNNING NOISE WAS TERRIBLE AND INTOLERABLE.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
vancouver lover
"Westin"
Our 2 night stay at the Westin was good. The room was very comfortable with a great view of Union Sq. We were close to all the shops & restaurants. We stayed in the older section of the Westin...not the new Tower. We could hear our neighbors very clearly. I left the fan on all the time to reduce the noise. I would stay at the Westin again in the newer section where the walls are not supposed to be so thin.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Sunflower
"If you like vintage landmark hotels, this is your"
Westin San Francis have the best of both worlds. Old vintage room on the landmark building and modern tower. All at the centre of SFO, THE UNION SQUARE. Love to wake up at the cable cars bells every morning. Staff Excelent, room and beds excellent. I've been here many times. Fully recommended
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Pedro
"Nice Hotel, central location"
Great experience. The room was clean and quiet, nice view. Centrally located, close to many shopping and dining establishments.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Brandi
"Central location for cable cars and Bart"
Very glamorous hotel in an excellent location. Good for sightseeing.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
skiing mama
"Epitome of Comfort & Care"
Outstanding. Of the many times we have stayed at the St Francis back in the 70s, 80s and 90s, this was the epitome of comfort and care. Front Desk, Oak Room, Concierge, Bell station, Clock Bar, all worked professionally to provide us a most rewarding experience, giving San Francisco the outstanding reputation it deserves.
3 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"Location is perfect!"
Location is perfect! If you have a car, use the Union Square garage across the street, half price from what the hotel charges. Used the cable cars one day, but the lines are awful and has to wait over an hour to get back from Wharf! Internet is $15/day, kind of crazy and should be free!
3 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"House Keeping"
Hotel was fine. House keeping needs work. They forgot something every day..For example the first day they forgot coffee cups, the second day they forgot the coffee, third day they forgot the cream. Forgot to leave shampoo everyday except the first. They did not speak English, so it was difficult to communicate with them. When we called down to the front desk, they took care of everything...but it took time and when you are visiting in SF, if you are like me, you have a very busy schedule and don't have time to wait...
4 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"Wonderful stay."
Great! Relaxing and wonderful
2 night business trip Apr 3, 2015
Andre
"Amazing hotel right in front of Union Square"
The Westin is an amazing Hotel! The service was great & the workers were friendly. I would DEFINITELY recommend this Hotel to anyone who wants to tour/vacation in San Francisco.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Francisco
"Historic hotel in Union square"
Pretty historic hotel close to shopping and restaurants. Spacious room with two beds and sofa. In room coffee maker, mini bar.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"A great stay"
No complaints - great location, excellent room, great staff. A lively, bustling place to stay in the heart of San Francisco.
2 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
"SF trip"
Excellent! Great hotel
2 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
Ray
"somewhat faded; great location"
We have stayed at the St. Francis several times in the past 30 years because of the convenient location in the heart of the city. Our experiences have ranged from excellent to disappointing. On our previous visit there had been a major problem with our room location. Hotel staff told us that we had been misled (essentially lied to) by the staff making the reservation who were located in India and "promised everyone" specific accommodations that were not available. Despite this, because of past positive stays we decided to return.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
JR
"Crazy expensive."
They charged $65 parking and $25 Wifi per day. Enough said.
2 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
Booked at the last minute. Great place. No problems. Not sure I like the new elevator controls?
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Excellent historic hotel that is refurbished in excellent taste
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
J
"A Review Title"
Love this grand old palace of a hotel for its period piece decor in the lobby and bar/restaurant areas, as well as the first class service the personnel provide. They go out of their way to be helpful. Another sort of traveler might be somewhat less than enthused by some of the rooms in that they aren't swish looking, as in a "modern" hotel. To each his/her own. I'd rather stay here than in that other sort of establishment. Perfectly positioned for exploring SF as well.
2 night trip Mar 13, 2015
"Terrible staff"
I booked a room at the new tower and got a room at the old one. I required a microwave in advance and when i arrived I learned there was none available. Long wait for room service and awful food.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Eduardo
"Location, Location, LOCATION!"
This hotel is absolutely perfect for those who want to be near all of the shopping on Powell st., China Town, and even Little Italy. We come to San Fransisco Every couple months and usually stay in South San Fransisco by the airport because it is more affordable but this time we stayed here and we walked and walked all over the city it was a different experience so much fun! We didn't have to worry about finding parking like we always do. We parked in the parking garage right in front of TIffany's & Co. and Saks Fifth. There is a garage and for 24hrs it was about 30 dollars compared to the valet parking at the hotel $50-70 depending on your car.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Tania
"Quick Visit to the City"
Excellent stay and we got a fabulous rate. The room on the 27th floor had wonderful views and we had a fantastic time.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"Friends wedding"
lovely stay, in the historic tower, very very small room but clean, nice and quiet.
1 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Marjorie
"BITTER SWEET"
my experience at this Hotel was pretty terrible. When my family and I checked in we realized there was a mistake on our reservations booked thru Expedia. (We thought we had booked 2 rooms but really only booked 1). So we immediately tried booking another room with the front desk but was told that there was no vacancy. So we quickly logged online thru Hotels.com and booked another room for the remainder of the trip. Since we were walking while making the reservation for the extra room on our iPhone we accidently booked an extra night then needed. 2 minutes after hitting submit, I called Hotels.com to cancel that extra night and was told that it was possible but they just needed an "okay" from the Westin's manager. It turns out that the manager refused to allow hotels.com to cancel the extra night and reimburse my money.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
KK
The room was quite small. only really had room for the bed and a chair. We could hear our neighbor talking on the phone the whole night.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
"A Nice Stay in the City"
As usual our stay at the Westin St. Francis on Union Square was lovely. The rooms in the landmark building are just a tad musty and there was some mold or mildew growing in the silicone sealant in the corners of the bathroom but other than that we had a comfortable stay. The hotel was bustling and vibrant; the service staff friendly and helpful. The only other thing of note is that the food in the Oakroom restaurant was less than par- I would not recommend this over the Burbon Steak or any of the restaurants outside of the hotel. Truly enjoy staying at this hotel.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Brooke
"Landmark Building"
We stayed in the landmark building, which is the older historic part of the hotel. The room was nice and cozy, but the walls are very thin and you can hear conversations in the adjacent rooms. I would go for the newer tower next time. The rest of the hotel is very nice as is the staff.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Great location. Easy to use public transportation.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"On the decline"
Great location as many would know. Checking in is like buying a used car as far as negotiating a room that does most would not pay for if they knew what they were going to get. You are going to want to push for a window facing out of the building and not an "interior only" view. You will pay the same price as someone who has more sq footage and a better view but will be stuck with half the experience and space. The staff is truly just plain rude, lazy and then some. I asked for a late check out and then had 3 people come pound on my door and then attempt to enter within 5 seconds of the knock to see if I was gone yet and this was before normal check out time. The Clock bar drinks are very hit or miss these days which will matter to you when you see how much you pay. Internet connection was horrible. My comforter was wet when I got into the closet / room I paid for. I have been going to this hotel for 15 years and each year it gets worse. The experience use to be one that matched the history, ambiance, and price. Now it is a profit squeeze and in my humble opinion on the verge of have seeing its best days behind it.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Nick
"Wonderful Service and Comfort for a huge Hotel"
Wonderful Hotel right across from union Square with excellent service for a large - busy environ. The Cleaning staff was perfect - and room service wonderful. Bar staff just ok - felt a bit like tourist trap - but overall Hotel and room comfort were terrific.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015