All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
335 Powell Street, San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Excellent historic hotel that is refurbished in excellent taste
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
J
"A Review Title"
Love this grand old palace of a hotel for its period piece decor in the lobby and bar/restaurant areas, as well as the first class service the personnel provide. They go out of their way to be helpful. Another sort of traveler might be somewhat less than enthused by some of the rooms in that they aren't swish looking, as in a "modern" hotel. To each his/her own. I'd rather stay here than in that other sort of establishment. Perfectly positioned for exploring SF as well.
2 night trip Mar 13, 2015
"Terrible staff"
I booked a room at the new tower and got a room at the old one. I required a microwave in advance and when i arrived I learned there was none available. Long wait for room service and awful food.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Eduardo
"Location, Location, LOCATION!"
This hotel is absolutely perfect for those who want to be near all of the shopping on Powell st., China Town, and even Little Italy. We come to San Fransisco Every couple months and usually stay in South San Fransisco by the airport because it is more affordable but this time we stayed here and we walked and walked all over the city it was a different experience so much fun! We didn't have to worry about finding parking like we always do. We parked in the parking garage right in front of TIffany's & Co. and Saks Fifth. There is a garage and for 24hrs it was about 30 dollars compared to the valet parking at the hotel $50-70 depending on your car.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Tania
"Quick Visit to the City"
Excellent stay and we got a fabulous rate. The room on the 27th floor had wonderful views and we had a fantastic time.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"Friends wedding"
lovely stay, in the historic tower, very very small room but clean, nice and quiet.
1 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Marjorie
"BITTER SWEET"
my experience at this Hotel was pretty terrible. When my family and I checked in we realized there was a mistake on our reservations booked thru Expedia. (We thought we had booked 2 rooms but really only booked 1). So we immediately tried booking another room with the front desk but was told that there was no vacancy. So we quickly logged online thru Hotels.com and booked another room for the remainder of the trip. Since we were walking while making the reservation for the extra room on our iPhone we accidently booked an extra night then needed. 2 minutes after hitting submit, I called Hotels.com to cancel that extra night and was told that it was possible but they just needed an "okay" from the Westin's manager. It turns out that the manager refused to allow hotels.com to cancel the extra night and reimburse my money.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
KK
The room was quite small. only really had room for the bed and a chair. We could hear our neighbor talking on the phone the whole night.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
"A Nice Stay in the City"
As usual our stay at the Westin St. Francis on Union Square was lovely. The rooms in the landmark building are just a tad musty and there was some mold or mildew growing in the silicone sealant in the corners of the bathroom but other than that we had a comfortable stay. The hotel was bustling and vibrant; the service staff friendly and helpful. The only other thing of note is that the food in the Oakroom restaurant was less than par- I would not recommend this over the Burbon Steak or any of the restaurants outside of the hotel. Truly enjoy staying at this hotel.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Brooke
"Landmark Building"
We stayed in the landmark building, which is the older historic part of the hotel. The room was nice and cozy, but the walls are very thin and you can hear conversations in the adjacent rooms. I would go for the newer tower next time. The rest of the hotel is very nice as is the staff.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Great location. Easy to use public transportation.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"On the decline"
Great location as many would know. Checking in is like buying a used car as far as negotiating a room that does most would not pay for if they knew what they were going to get. You are going to want to push for a window facing out of the building and not an "interior only" view. You will pay the same price as someone who has more sq footage and a better view but will be stuck with half the experience and space. The staff is truly just plain rude, lazy and then some. I asked for a late check out and then had 3 people come pound on my door and then attempt to enter within 5 seconds of the knock to see if I was gone yet and this was before normal check out time. The Clock bar drinks are very hit or miss these days which will matter to you when you see how much you pay. Internet connection was horrible. My comforter was wet when I got into the closet / room I paid for. I have been going to this hotel for 15 years and each year it gets worse. The experience use to be one that matched the history, ambiance, and price. Now it is a profit squeeze and in my humble opinion on the verge of have seeing its best days behind it.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Nick
"Wonderful Service and Comfort for a huge Hotel"
Wonderful Hotel right across from union Square with excellent service for a large - busy environ. The Cleaning staff was perfect - and room service wonderful. Bar staff just ok - felt a bit like tourist trap - but overall Hotel and room comfort were terrific.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Theodore
"Short trip, great stay"
Great stay, great hotel! Some of the other reviews said that hotel needed renovations, but I thought it was awesome and everyone was very helpful. We'd stay there again in a second.
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Summer
"Weekend getaway"
Great weekend getaway. What few questions we had were answered fast and correctly. All the staff we came across was polite and knowledgeable about the area. Give the cafe latte a miss if the baristas aren't there. The gentleman did not make it as good as the ladies.
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Ida
"The perfect spot"
Spent an overnight with girlfriends and was cozy and perfect and welcoming.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Wonderful old-school experience."
Overall the hotel is great. Perfect location. The decor is a bit dated but that's to be expected. Could use some updating in the rooms and hallways. Service is top notch. I would definitely stay here again.
4 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
Bradley
"Excellent Property with great staff"
Delightful huge sweet in the 25th floor.... 2 TV's which helps!!! Staff was terrific friendly and reliable... MUCH better than the Park Central.exce
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
"Great choice"
Everything was superior as would be expected from a Westin Hotel
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Arthur
"excellent"
great
5 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
seng
"Great location. Free upgrade."
Great location! We booked for a queen bed room and landmark building but they upgraded us to a deluxe king bed room with a view of union square. Beds were comfortable, staff were very helpful and nice. Great location. Expensive parking though but expected since it's right downtown.
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"Birthday getaway"
I've always wanted to stay at the St Frances! My husband treated me for my birthday! We stayed in the original building not the newer tower. (I love old buildings!) The room was clean and orderly. I found the bed to be comfortable. The bathroom was very nice.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"Great hotel central location"
Wonderful hotel, beautiful views. Elevators close too quickly.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
nicole
"First time stay"
I loved the beauty of the hotel and facilities, my biggest grief was I was on the 12th floor and it was too hot for me. I had the air conditioner on the whole time at 60* and my room never cooled down below 75*...that doesn't sound very hot, but when you're in a room where the air is NOT circulating it becomes stifling. It took 3 calls to concierge to obtain 1 fan and that didn't help much so after another 3 calls and no 2nd fan I left a note for my housekeeper of my room to obtain the 2nd fan. She did and I gave her a $100 tip because it was worth it to me!! She was awesome!! Being an older hotel explains the antiquated air conditioning and I understand that. This was my first time spending that kind of money for a hotel or trip for that matter and I don't regret it, just the location of my room.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Tracey
"Dusty Rooms"
We stayed in the older part of the hotel in a basic king room. The room was very dusty, so much so that I had to wash my hands after touching the bed side table or telephone (etc etc). The sheets were itchy, not exactly like the "heavenly" beds I'm used to from other Westin hotels. The bathroom was also not thoroughly cleaned - mirrors were streaked, bathroom floor was dusty.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"The ritz"
It was heaven
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Great Location in Union Square"
I usually LOVE this hotel, but my room in the landmark section was just ok. I was right next door to another room and could hear everything. I was also near a service elevator that I could clearly hear going up and down every few minutes. Other than that, it'sin a great location. I will go back, but I will ask to stay in the newer section of the hotel.
Loretta
"Adequate hotel, but not for us."
The St. Francis/Westin is an historic hotel on Union Square. We stayed in the old building facing the Square. The room was small, but had high ceilings and a great view. The hallways are spacious. Unfortunately, the Square is very noisy with street musicians playing until 9:00 - 10:00 in the evening. Also, the elevators are only operable with your key card. It's a security feature, but difficult to use. Also, the St. Francis charges for internet: $80 bucks over 5 days. It's a huge hotel, so you are just a number to the staff. We much prefer the Kimpton Monaco a few blocks away where the staff greet you name and are amazingly friendly and helpful. And internet is free! We only stayed at the St. Francis because the Monaco restaurant was being renovated.
世界の湖から
"Elegant modern hotel"
Beautiful hotel: gorgeous rooms and huge lobby with lots of options for shops, bar, lounge, coffee, etc. Right across the street from Union square, and next to all of the best shops and restaurants. Loved our stay and will absolutely be coming back!
"Valentine's weekend!"
Went for Valentine's, had a wonerful time, great get away. Really great service.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Lenny
"Loved this hotel"
This hotel is in the perfect location and really was great all way around!
1 night trip Jan 1, 2015
christine
"Great hotel close to everything."
The hotel and staff were great. They offered great suggestions when we asked about place to eat. Our room faced another room so we didnt get a view. Didn't mind because we spent majority of time outside site seeing. When we first arrived our TV wasn't working, they sent up a handy man and fixed it quick even credited us a free movie. If you want a view just make sure you upgrade.
"Great hotel with SF prices"
Great hotel, in the middle and heart of union square SF. Close to everything. With good location, good service, and the heart of downtown, expect SF prices. Parking and extra charges.
"nice hotel"
very nice location, with long good history. we love it.
1 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
Ping
"Business Trip"
Location is great. Can get busy with convention/business travelers which equally can make it noisy if you are looking to relax in evening after working all day. I love the Westin Hotels and this one in particular has great restaurants. Not least the staff are very friendly and helpful
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Elaine
"Would not stay there again"
This is a very old hotel that needs a complete remodel of its rooms. The carpet looks wore out and the decorating is non existent. The mattress was comfortable. The Lobby area is nice. The $66 price for one night of parking was outrages. Have stayed in many hotels in San Francisco and this was by far the worst. I must say that we were in the original building which they call the historical building and not the towers which is newer.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
Gerald
"Historic & beautiful hotel"
Lovely
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
Kathleen
"Always a great stay-try to get updated rooms!"
Hotel is in prime location to explore San Francisco's Union Square Area. Great shopping, dining, and theatre, and comedy clubs near.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Shelly
"Elevator was a stressor"
Hotel elevator was inconvenient and hard to use
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
Candace
"Overlooking Union Square"
This hotel is one of the larger hotels in Union Square. It is rated at 4 stars and could be closer to 5 stars. Staff is welcoming and eager to help. Hotel lobby is elegant and gives you that old time character and charm. Plenty of outstanding places to eat within the walls of the hotel. The rooms could be bigger but given the age of the hotel they are limited with what they can do regarding size. The rooms were nicely remodeled with all the essentials one would come to expect from a 4 star hotel. The location of the hotel is what attracted me to stay here. It is in the heart of Union Square and within walking distance from major shopping brands, fine art gallerries, and great places to dine. A great place to stay and I highly recommend this hotel for any and all ocassions.
1 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
Nathan
"A must stay"
In the heart of San francisco. Awesome spacious rooms with excellent hotel service. Would recommend to everyone.
2 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2015
"Hotel room theft left unresolved"
We chose to stay at Westin because of the high marks and great location, that we dreadfully regret later on. During our stay, someone went into our room and stole our 2 coats. Not very expensive ones, but both had sentimental values. When we reported the theft, we had to speak to several people, from the front desk, the security, even the manager on duty. It has now been 4 days and the case is still unresolved. Even worse is that NO ONE from this hotel has contacted me about any progress and/or update. Our several attempts at calling them and following up led to empty promises and no resolution. One of the managers we spoke to mentioned that one of their employees was caught going inside our room, but declined to give any info, as they were investigating the case. So if you value your belongings and sense of security, I suggest you stay somewhere else.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Dairo
Awesome place to stay in a great location. Beautiful views and the room was so comfortable. Got an upgrade upon check in and the staff was very friendly. Will definitely stay again.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Ryan
"Great place to stay!"
We had a wonderful stay. Look forward to coming back soon!
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
anthony
"Completely inflexible!"
I made an incorrect 3 night booking, the 23rd - 26th, and had intended to book the 22nd - 25th (still 3 nights). They allowed me to check in early, but charged me rack rate for the first night, and refused to credit back what now became the 4th night of my reservation.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"Pleasure"
Our 2nd visit to SFco, we love this hotel because its location and comfort
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
gladys
"stay here"
Stayed here one night for business. Clean, great location and good view from the room.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
"SF Trip"
Very convenient location. Close to a lot of amenities and public transportation.
3 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"Expensive, out dated"
Booked a single room on a last minute business trip to SF. Paid $629/night for a closet of a room with worn carpeting, outdated fixtures, and dirt/dust all
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Very nice stay in the heart of Union Square"
Very nice stay. We were automatically upgraded to a corner room since our other room wasn't ready at check-in and were pleasantly surprised to find out our room package (through Hotels.com) included free wi-fi, cable car passes and city tour passes. Union Square is right across the street and it is in a great location for shopping, restaurants and easy access to public transit. Parking is very expensive so we self-parked at a nearby garage for half the cost. There is a Chateau Montalena tasting room in the lobby, which was a nice treat after a long day on our feet! The room was very nice (on the 25th floor) with beautiful views of Coit Tower and a peek of the Golden Gate Bridge, comfortable bed and lots of room. The bathroom only had a shower with a nice rain shower fixture and was quite spacious as well. The only complaint (and it's hardly that) is that they only provided one robe and three bath towels; since this was a King room, it would make more sense to supply two robes and four bath towels. Have stayed here before and would stay again!
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015