All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
335 Powell Street, San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Bad internet service
    Bad breakfast
"Holiday Stay"
The air conditioner in the room put out warm air even when a cold temperature was selected. An engineer came and tried to adjust it, but the air output was still not very cool. Could not get the room cooled off. Parking was $58 for one night - ouch!
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
The fire alarm went off at 3 AM. The room was not as clean as I expected it to be.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
"dirty"
Horrible room very dirty
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
Jorge
Great location to easily come and go for exploring San Francisco! The room was very comfortable and quiet. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2015
We had amazing service from the front desk, bell staff and valet. The room service attendants taking calls were very short and rude, everything we asked for was a NO! That said our room service delivery staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Great stay overall and love the view from 27th floor. Thank you
1 night family trip Dec 3, 2015
"Largest upscale rooms in SF"
Beautiful hotel, friendly staff. You'll never find a room this big in san francisco as a standard size. It blew me away. Even the hallways are gigantic and spaced out. Chandeliers everywhere. This place is pretty awesome. The only downsides are -- it is a historic place, and the old tower has really old carpets. The extendable bathroom mirror was literally falling apart. The public restroom looking toilet seemed out of place for such a fantastically upscale hotel. But those are all small complaints. Overall, this hotel really feels like a San Francisco landmark that you should stay at if you ever have the chance.
3 night business trip Nov 29, 2015
Christmas shopping trip on Union Square. Only thing lacking is a Resturant for breakfast.
1 night romance trip Dec 3, 2015
Alan
"Perfect location downtown!!!"
Could not have been better
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2015
kim
"Native San Francisco vacationeer"
Amazing stay! Great to be at the St Francis when especially during the holidays. We were in town to see the Union Square Christmas tree lighting. Room & service were great. Valet was $58 ($65 for SUVs). I thought that was a complete rip-off (especially with an additional 14% tax)
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
"Stolen Emblem"
My stay was ok until the morning of departure. The emblem on my Mercedes was stolen! The manager tred to say it was gone when I got there which it was not! I asked to see the cameras and he said this was not possible, but there were cameras. I filled out a claim form and waiting to hear back. Under any circumstances do I want to be denied this claim without me physically viewing the cameras.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2015
gina
"Grand Old Hotel"
Great location and the staff is amazing. It is a very old, but still grand hotel. I'd say they have done their best to update it.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2015
"Excellent hotel"
Excellent hotel, great location, fully enjoyed my stay there.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2015
"Awesome as usual!"
St. Francis has been there forever. I have been going there for my Birthday every year. This was the big 5-0! It is still the best Hotel in the City. All rooms have the, "Heavenly Sleeper Package". Whao, nite-nite.
1 night trip Nov 25, 2015
"Stay Away on Holiday Weekends"
The hotel was completely over booked. When we got there at 8:45pm we were told "a sink was leaky" in our room and we could have a room with a king but no roll away. We waited an hour and went back to find out there was no leaky sink only no rooms. So they offered us two rooms because we are a family of four. Then the next day we had to move rooms which was a hassle. I would strongly suggest not staying there on a busy or holiday weekend.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
"Bathrooms too small"
Rooms are very nice but bathroom was incredibly small.
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Tammie
Loved it. Will stay there again, but probably won't use hotels.com again to book a Starwood location. Only reason I picked Westin was to get Starwood points and they do not honor Starwood points if booked by Hotels.com
2 night business trip Nov 23, 2015
arthur
"St. Francis-SF"
Great Thanksgiving.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
Dennis
"The St Francis Experience"
The desk clerk who checked us in (her name was Navidad (*sp) was so cheerful, and pleasant and extremely personable. Also the bellmam "Gunny" his nickname, was also very helpful and went out of his way to help with my IPhone. We had a great stay and will visit again
2 night trip with friends Nov 23, 2015
Noranne
"Enchanted Castle display"
The hotel opened its doors to the public 11/25 when they displayed their "Enchanted Castle" made from 500 lbs of sugar. Wrapped gifts decorated the base. The hotel provided hot chocolate for the children, coffee for the adults and cookies for all. There were also donation jars to support community service agencies. It's a great place with heart and soul.
2 night family trip Nov 24, 2015
Hotel was right on Union Square. It is beautiful and great for shopping and dining. My only issues are that the wifi is not free in the guest rooms and parking is $66 per night.
2 night romance trip Nov 23, 2015
Janine
"Hotel Awasome !!"
Awasome location !! Awasome hotel !! Awasome service !! Awasome view!! Awasome staff, very pleasant !! Only negotiate surprise was Parking fee -- $$$$$ per nite I highly recommend this awasome hotel
2 night family trip Nov 23, 2015
Gladys
"Nice, but a problem with the bill."
The room is very nice. the bed is very comfortable. All of the staff was very polite and helpful. I had a few problem with room service and it was taken care . However, now that I am home there is an unknown charge on my credit card. I have sent the hotel an email asking for an explanation and for the charge to be removed , as I did not incure any charges. I have not received an answer to my question.
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
Gina
It was wonderful in every way,
1 night business trip Nov 22, 2015
"A dissapointing stay."
I always wanted to stay here. I was a bit disappointed. The lobby and restaurant are polished and updated. The room as was far from what I expected. I understand the building is vintage, but the room definitely needed some updating. We were erroneously given two full beds instead of the queen we booked. The obvious draw of the hotel is the location. It's on union square and walking distance to Bart and many attractions. Not sure if I would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
The St. Francis is a great location and facilities. The old building has more charm then the tower but comes with the quirks of an old hotel building that could probably use an update.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
"Another nice stay at the St Francis"
The St Francis is ideally located on Union Square. Common areas within the hotel are lovely, restaurant and lobby have a good and lively vibe, and the hotel gym is one of the best in the area. I stayed in a Towers room, and although it was larger than average in size, it was showing signs of wear and tear. Staff was friendly and helpful, beds very comfortable. I would stay here again, esp at a lower rate.
2 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2015
Khristina
"Newer Rooms YES - Older Section NO"
We booked the older part of the hotel, hoping to experience the character of the original hotel building with its vintage charm. Unfortunately, the room was tiny, dark & dirty! Carpet was old, frayed & dirty, walls once white were a grimy brown. Window looked directly out to a brick wall. Bathroom however, was clean & charming & appeared to have a lot of it's original tile & fixtures, very cool. Since we can't sleep in the bathroom :) we asked for a room change to the newest part of the hotel. Staff was very accommodating & put us in an amazing room! Big with a skyline view, marble bathroom, super comfy, clean bedding! Beautiful can't wait to visit again. Hoping they will remodel older section of hotel with as much style & comfort as the newer suites. Side note, the lobby needs some updating, they have a bar/lounge area with these 2 stories high, cheap fabric drapes ... doesn't jive with the hotels aesthetic at all ... feels like your waiting in an airport terminal.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
We wanted to stay here because of the location and the price was decent but our room was next to the elevator and you could hear our neighbors using running water every time the flushed or showered. It was in the older building so maybe that is why. The service staff was friendly.
Kyle
"Disappointment in SF Westin"
Poor choice for my stay. I thought the Westin would be like the other Westin Hotels I have recently stayed in. The room was large but very dated. The carpeting was old and with stains. The toilet was an old toilet like those from grade school. The hotel didn't have any security presence at the front of the building nor in the lobby. I would recommend this hotel unless you want a large room that has a lot of noise from the street and no extra services.
2 night business trip Nov 15, 2015
Anthony
Hotel is old and major construction going on around the hotel. Parking is very expensive at the hotel.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2015
"Quiet in the heart of the city"
I stay here every visit to SF. It has a great location, great rooms and wonderful service.
2 night business trip Nov 10, 2015
doreen
The rooms were very small and very noisy off the hallway, but aside from that the hotel was fine.
3 night business trip Nov 11, 2015
"Grandeur in the heart of Union Square"
Always an incredible stay. Love the history, location and grandeur of this hotel. Everything was too-notch!
Kristi
Hotel is dated in the room we stayed in. Rattling from the a/c unit all night. We stayed in a tower-view of the street below. Convenient location. Within a 1.5 mile walk to fisherman's wharf. Parking in the garage is terrible due to traffic. Easy check in-customer service friendly.
Shin
"Great time, great stay, I'd highly recommend."
It was a fantastic stay! I had no complaints.
Philip
"Mediocre"
The room was $400 plus tax on a discount site and the WiFi was extra! Nothing special about this Westin except its high price and its location. It doesn't have a pool or hot tub for a Sunday morning soak.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
david
"Meh"
The room was nice and clean, but much smaller than the pictures indicated from their website. We had multiple maintenance issues, but the staff was quick to take care of them and we were taken care of with some comps on our bill. I was surprised Wi-Fi was not free.
5 night romance trip Nov 1, 2015
Carl
"Awesome hotel"
This was a great stay. Close proximity to shopping, Fisherman's Wharf, Little Italy, China Town and everything we wanted to see. Great hotel room, very spacious, clean & easy to navigate to other locales.
3 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
Dean
"Night out spot"
Great stay, no complaints except the elevators so confusing. Great access to bars and restaurants plus high end stores.
Rahin
"Not a 3rd party booking fan"
I have always loved this hotel but this is the first time I booked through hotels.com.they really don't like third party bookers so it was a little weird. The hotel.com sight promises city views and we got the view of a wall. Hotels.com also said 7th floor and up and we were initially given 4th floor. I asked to be higher up and she placedus on 12th but we still had no view.
Ashlyn
great hotel, great service, amazing location!
Rebecca
The staff was great. Location was great. The room was clean, small. The shower was not working correctly. It was coming from tub nozel, hose, and rain shower. The bed could've been more comfortable.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
"This hotel was extremely nice."
I love this hotel. It was beautiful inside and out, and very elegant. It was right in the center of union square with a great view and the service was just amazing. I would most definitely go back.
Other trip Nov 3, 2015
Great place to stay. Customer service is amazing. Spectacular views of the city! Easy to go shopping! Prime location!
Monica
"Awesome! -King Size Landmark Building"
We stayed in the landmark building. I was a little worried when I read the walls were paper thin, but that was not an issue at all! I loved it. Super cute, we requested a king size bed and it was really comfortable. I ordered a mini fridge and 5 minutes later it arrived. Our room didn't have a good view but next time I'll be sure to book a room with a view. The location is amazing! they don't have free wifi which sucks, but I didn't really need it.
"Poor technological Infrastructure"
Wifi is so bad that you cannot work. Even the TV reboots, I guess it too is streamed. Called their helpdesk, no response. The hotel is showing its age. Not recommended for business travellers. Room service is very limited, though delivery charges is only $5. I am a Gold SPG member, have stayed in much better Westins
Other trip Oct 30, 2015
Raj
"San Fran"
Very nice staff and efficient service. Room was quite yet very small.
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
Rob
"Perfect location."
Wedding and St. Francis was in the middle of it all.Grand hotel, wonderful staff and location.
3 night trip with friends Oct 15, 2015
ernest
"39th Anniversary trip"
We were checked in by a nice guy named Louie who gave us a great room and suggested the perfect restaurant on Fisherman's Wharf to celebrate our 39th Wedding anniversary. Thanks Louie, you made our visit great.
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
"St Francis Exceeds Already High Expectations"
A quick 2-night stay at a great old hotel, one which maintained or exceeded all expected standards. The staff, in particular, was superb, exceeding expectations time and time again, throughout the stay.
2 night trip Oct 22, 2015