All hotels in Newton, Massachusetts, United States of America
320 Washington Street, Newton, MA, 02458, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"GREAT RATE BUT BREAKFAST WASN'T INCLUDED IN IT...."
AT THE RATE WE PAID, DIDNT REALIZE BREAKFAST WAS NOT INCLUDED. THAT INFORMATION SHOULD BE A LITTLE CLEARER WHEN BOOKING. WE WERE A SMALL GRADUATE CLASS FOR A OVERNIGHT FIELD TRIP
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
suzanne
"excellent"
Friendly staff and clean rooms.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
Stacy
"Pleased with our stay"
We were in town for a quick overnight, and this fit the bill perfectly. The room was clean and the staff was friendly and courteous. I thought the parking at $28 for overnight was rather high for the suburbs. The hotel is situated over the Mass Pike, and some people have complained about the traffic noise. Since it was winter, the heat and the fan were on and I did not even notice any traffic noise. Overall, I was pleased and will likely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
"Great Stay for A Law School Competition"
It was pretty good, overall. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. Would definitely recommend someone to visit.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Hotel Review"
Overall very good
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
"Much Better"
This stay was better than the last stay here last moth
4 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
"Broken room heater"
It was okay. Except the window unit heater/AC unit made a horrible sound. I told someone and they said they'll take care of it. They didn't. I'm handy so I fixed it. It was that or be kept up all night with the noise.
1 night trip with friends Feb 19, 2015
"Recent stay"
I rented the room for two of my adult children who were visiting. The hotel is close to us, and was very convenient. They enjoyed their stay very much!
2 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
"Great front desk staff"
Parking not included in stay. Garage operated by those pirates operating under the name LAZ, there for a Dr. Appt nearby front desk staff took care of parking... They were AWESOME
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
Jeffrey
The hotel was clean and updated. The hotel is built over the Interstate, so it's a little weird looking down and seeing cars driving under your room. But, the windows and walls are thick enough so that you don't notice the traffic noise any more than you would with any other hotel that is close to the highway. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Front desk staff was a little slow to respond to things but not too bad. Would recommend this hotel for sure!
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
"Lack of planning"
The overall stay was good.The ere was a couple of things that they should work on. First it was very confusing to get to the parking garage and front of the hotel, next the lack of communication in letting Guest know about the parking situation, not until we were checking in we were told that parking overnight is $30.00 per night really exorbitant. The other situation is they had no Hot tea or Coffee in the lobby downstairs and when the coffee maker upstairs in the room was opened you can tell it had not been cleaned in a long time so getting something hot to drink late at night was really difficult unless you paid a lot of money in the restaurant downstairs. otherwise beds were comfortable and room itself was clean.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Crowne Plaza hotel"
I really liked the room but felt it was noisy. We were on the 8th floor and I was surprised at how load the highway was below. Next visit I'll have to ask for a different part of the hotel. Other than that we really enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Overall Great Hotel"
I stayed here for business, so the location was perfect. The Staff are very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and modern. Even the fitness room was nice. Overall great place to stay.
2 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
Valerie
"noisy"
A little noisy with highway running all night
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
"great"
great hotel fun bar good location
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Valentine's Day 2015"
The hotel lobby was nice, the room decor was ok but the bed was not stable, moved around too much. Breakfast was near the front entrance and with the door constantly opening and closing; the draft made it difficult to stay warm. Not worth the amount of money paid.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Crowne Plaza Stay"
Short overnight stay in clean, neat rooms. Enjoyed the hotel bar/restaurant and the excellent service!
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
Kathleen
Excellent everyone helpful. Room excellent clean. Quiet . Very comfortable.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
ollie
"Good but inconvenient"
Stay was good until the hotel put a bunch of kids on our floor who ran around all night. Also, I wish it was more apparent that you have to pay $28 a night for parking. If I had known that, I may have booked another hotel.
2 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
"Crowne-Plaza Newton"
I had a great stay at the Crowne-Plaza. I was attending a training/conference on site, and even before I checked into the hotel (I did not stay overnight the first day of training), the staff were extremely helpful and polite. After checking in, I found this to be all staff (room service, bar, cleaning services) and not just front desk. The room was clean; the beds were decent. I had read reviews complaining about the noise from the highway, so I was a bit nervous about this. However, I stayed on the 10th floor and did not find for this to be a problem. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
"Booked online got a physically challenged room"
Shower vertical slider attachment did not stay up at height setting very annoying taking a shower
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
bu parent
"Reasonable"
Short and sweet
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
"Some good some bad"
The traffic flow around this hotel is bad. It's anice hotel but there is noticeable road noise until about midnight. Between midnight and 6 am it was pretty quiet.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Pleasantly Surprised!!"
I was originally excited because we got a great deal for our stay, then I read some reviews and was scared to make the trip!! People complained constantly about the "noise", needing earplugs, being above a highway, the bed being too hard, the bathroom being modern but small... I will admit the $28 parking fee isn't pretty but there's free parking on the street after 6pm. We didn't have to pay a penny for parking and were glad. We had a room on the 11th floor and a beautiful view of the highway!! It snowed and was gorgeous to watch from our room which was very spacious, the bathroom was modern and enough for any couple or family to share. The room didn't have a fridge and that sucked, but we just filled the sink with ice and made due. Honestly I would definitely return if I was in Boston, you couldn't beat the price. Just ask for a room higher up if you're sensitive to noise or get ear plugs like others suggested, but honestly we couldn't hear a thing. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a beautiful stay!!
3 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
Marilyn
""Luxurious" is a good way to describe the room"
Just a one night stay taking advantage of a fantastic rate. I was amazed about the quality of the room especially given the rate that I paid using hotels.com. I would say that the room can be described as "luxurious." I arrived very late and was checked in by a trainee. He apologized for needing to spend a lot of time checking me in, since he was new to the process. He made it up to me by giving me a complimentary ticket for a free breakfast. Breakfast was great and included a buffet with eggs, big sausages, home fires, and bacon. Also, I was served coffee and orange juice. This is a great place to stay if you are in the Newton area. I was able to take the transit system from Logan airport to get all the way there. The subway from the airport all the way to Kenmore was free! Then I took the 57 bus to the hotel. Needed to walk just one block. I arrived late on Saturday, after midnite. Fortunately, the 57 bus runs until after 2 AM on Friday and Saturday evenings. This saved me from having to pay a taxi, Uber, or shared van around $50.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
Ted
"Pleasant Surprise"
Modern, clean rooms and facility, comfortable beds and pillows, great bath products! Convenient to bus line! Excellent bar adjoining hotel! Tremendous valve! Would absolutely stay here again for a Boston getaway!
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Really? $28 for parking well outside of Boston?"
The hotel staff was very nice and friendly. The room was very clean, but could use a little tlc. The wallpaper was peeling and looked stained, but was likely from the light on the uneven surface. It was also cold in our room almost the entire time we were there, the heat didn't seem to reach the side of the room the bed was on even though it was on full blast until my nose and throat were uncomfortably dry, and the blankets were definitely not winter weight despite the fact several inches of snow fell that night. I booked this room without knowing where it was for $72. Of course there was the disclaimer about some services being extra... I did not expect to pay almost 40% more to park my car there. I used to live a few blocks from this hotel, the City of Newton does not allow parking on the street in the winter so I had no choice but to pay. I feel taken advantage of and ripped off. I could easily find parking for less than $28 in Downtown Boston, and this hotel is in a fairly residential neighborhood with businesses on the main street, but surrounded by small homes and apartments. This combined with a couple of phantom pending charges on my credit card for over $150 they claim they didn't make (though they say Marthas Crowne Plaza Hotel, just like the parking fee...) have left me with a pretty terrible taste in my mouth.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Kat
"Very Satisfied"
We had a very pleasant evening, and we'll definitely stay here again
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Latanyia
"Happy but surprised"
Everything was fine except didn't like having to pay for their parking lot. Surprise added expense.
1 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"Nice hotel/ great staff"
Pool was little. Otherwise I really enjoyed this stay.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
allison
"Good value for money"
I read some negative comments about the hotel prior to staying and there was some truth to all of them. But I'm a city girl so expected to pay for parking and expected a certain level of noise. But I asked for and got a room on the 10th floor which cut down on the noise. They provided a fridge ($15 extra--not a surprise). Water was hot, towels were fresh, room was right temp, some traffice noise (earplugs work wonders). Only complaint--bed was really hard. Other than that a bargain at $95 and would stay there again in a heartbeat.
1 night trip Jan 8, 2015
Joan
"Bring your own mattress and pillow."
Beds are terrible motels off highways are better. Staff is nice very nice. Parking is 30 bucks. No breakfast.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
Vadim
"Not satisfied"
I wasn't made aware of being charged to park my car for $28. a night. The bed had a bad smell from the sheets that made my stay uncomfortable.
1 night business trip Dec 18, 2014
"elevatorless"
elevaror didnt work
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
Samuels
I love the great highway view and it was good because the room has no noise at all. Very strategic location to travel, only 15 minutes from the airport.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Good hotel near Boston/Cambridge area"
This is a great alternative if you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay near the Boston/Cambridge area. Located right by I-90 makes it convenient to hop in and out of the area. The room we stayed in was a good size and clean. Obviously updated, including the bathroom, which was great!
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
Lyn
"will come back again"
1 night front desk and concierge/driver was excellent only negative- noise from I-90 and trains
Response by Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton
Thank you for the kind review. We appreciate the feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! Kindly, Jeff
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
"All around mediocre"
I was assigned to a room that had not been cleaned yet, and it took them around 20 minutes to send someone up and take me to a new room. However, my room was cleaned very well every day after that incident. The customer service was mediocre, and that is unfortunate in the hospitality industry. If you have the money to stay in a nicer hotel, it might be worth the better customer service. If you do not care about service, you might want to consider staying in an even cheaper hotel and saving money!
Response by Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton
Thank you for the review! We truly appreciate the feedback, and will work to better our service for the next guest. We have a deeply passionate team here that prides themselves on the services that they provide, and I am sorry you did not experience that. I hope that you give us the opportunity to show you what true hospitality is the next time you are in the Boston area. Kindly, Jeff
Comfy and clean, but noisy because of the freeway right next door
Response by Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we appreciate the feedback! Kindly,
The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was nice except the (very very loud) space heater attached to the wall needs to be updated to the 21st century. The thermostat on the wall was suppose to control it but the loud fan would never turn off and I would have to turn it up to 80 degrees before the warm air would start to blow out of it.
Response by Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and will work to identify and correct the issue with the heater as you described. I am delighted to hear our staff was friendly and helpful. We have a very passionate team of individuals who do their best to go out of their way for anyone they interact with. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! Kindly, Jeff
"not again"
Not only did they charge me the 191 nightly rate but also a mysterious charge of $339 that they told me was a mistake but 5 days later have yet to hear back from them or see it fixed... Never again
Response by Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton
Dear Joseph, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry for the billing issues that you experienced during your stay with us, and I hope that we have since been able to correct this issue for you. Kindly, Jeff
1 night trip with friends Nov 16, 2014
JOSEPH
"Noisy and now getting expensive"
This used to be a great hotel for the price - albeit noisy over the Mass pike. Now they obviously have deals with airlines staff and businesses as it is always quite full which makes it as expensive as a city centre hotel. Also the parking at $28/night is also downtown prices. Getting to the stage it is not good value any longer!
Response by Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton
Thank you for your feedback! I'm sorry if you found our rates to be higher over the past few months than you may previously be used to. As we move into the winter months you will find our rates to be a little more reasonable, and we do have packages that are available that include the parking prices. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back. Kindly, Jeff
9 night business trip Nov 2, 2014
"noise room, loudest hotel ever"
room right above a 6 lane freeway.
Response by Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton
Dear Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm sorry that your experience was less than satisfactory. We appreciate the feedback, and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back. Kindly, Jeff
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
Very good experience. We visit relatives in the neighborhood and find the location very convenient. The staff is friendly and helpful. But parking should be included.
Response by Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton
Thank you for the kind words regarding the team here at the Crowne Plaza Newton. We appreciate the feedback regarding the pricing, however since we do not own the garage, there are fees in place. We do however run specials periodically where parking is included in the rate, so keep an eye out online the next time you are coming to the Boston area, we would certainly love to welcome you back! Kindly, Jeff
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
NJ visitors
"over night stay"
stayed over night and was very pleased. Very nice staff and very clean. Restaurant was nice and the food was good. Definitely would stay again.
Response by Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton
Dear Daniel, Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay. I am glad that you found the team accommodating and that your room was clean. We are very proud of our hotel and the team that we have here, and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future! Kindly, Jeff
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
"good deal"
Room was very clean Bed was super comfortable slept like a baby...People have complained about noise, but we were on the 7th floor... Two observations however... Went to the lobby in the morning, and the commuter train periodically rumbled under the hotel... pretty noisy... I would have liked to see free coffee in the lobby... The restaurant was expansive... $3 for one... I will stay there again, for it was the most reasonable in the Boston area.
Response by Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton
Dear Henry, Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that you had a restful nights sleep, and that you found the room well maintained. Our housekeeping and engineering teams work very hard to make sure we have a great room for our guests upon arrival. In our rooms we do provide complimentary coffee for our guests. If you find that you need some more, we are always more than happy to deliver additional packets to your room. Thank you again for providing this feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Kindly, Jeff
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
Henry
"Great location for plans we had... BU, BC, Harvard"
College games for kids + memorial service. Was surprised how nice (and quiet) this location turned out to be
Response by Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton
Thank you for the great review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future! Kindly, Jeff
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"busy but well situated"
well situated hotel, scary fire alarms and nonaccomodating receptionists. Had the pleasure of great food service during breakfast, very pleasant gentlemen.
Response by Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton
Dear Sandra, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry that the fire alarm went off during your stay and for the non accommodating receptionist. The Newton Fire Department was quick to respond and was able to clear the alarm quickly, and we have followed up with the front office team so that we are properly responding to our guests needs. I have shared your feedback regarding the restaurant with the team here. They are very proud of the service that they provide, so thank you for recognizing them. I hope that we can have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime again in the future. Kindly, Jeff
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
sandra
"Noisy Hotel"
This hotel is incredibly noisy! It sits on top of the Mass turnpike so there is traffic noise all night and day long.
Response by Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton
Dear Rick, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you found your room to be noisy. We do have sleep kits available at the front desk if ever needed. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future. Kindly, Jeff
2 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
Hotel stay on the freeway close to Boston downtown
Response by Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton
Dear Thy, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback, and hope to welcome you back again soon. Kindly, Jeff
Other trip Oct 8, 2014